Taking magical express from Orlando airport not to your resort but a different one?

disneywithbaby

Mouseketeer
The day we arrive we are staying at Boardwalk villas. But we want to go from the airport right to grand Floridian for brunch. Can we take the magical express to grand Floridian instead?

The day we arrive we are staying at Boardwalk villas. But we want to go from the airport right to grand Floridian for brunch. Can we take the magical express to grand Floridian instead?
Hmm i dont think so, as your DME reservation is linked to your resort reservation. But someone else may have experience with this

No, it has to be the resort you are registered at.

The exception would be if you are on a bus that stops at other resorts, nobody will stop you from getting off at a different location. But a Boardwalk bus probably doesn't share with GF.

As others have said it supposed to only be the resort you have booked at. But you will find some conflicting information on some other threads. There is a thread or two here where some have reported asking to go to a different resort and it has been granted but others have been told no as well. So YMMV but you can not count on going to a different resort.

Piggybacking on this: My DS and family are flying in with no luggage as we are staying at Fort Wilderness. However, they are arriving much earlier than we are and wanted to just go to DS while they wait for us to arrive. Will it be necessary for them to go to FW then catch a bus to DS? Trying to line up Art Smith lunch for them.

Piggybacking on this: My DS and family are flying in with no luggage as we are staying at Fort Wilderness. However, they are arriving much earlier than we are and wanted to just go to DS while they wait for us to arrive. Will it be necessary for them to go to FW then catch a bus to DS? Trying to line up Art Smith lunch for them.
They will have to go to Fort Wilderness first and then get a bus to DS. There aren't buses right to DS from the airport. If they don't have any luggage, they could get off on an earlier stop of the Magical Express route since those buses share amongst several hotels if Fort Wilderness isn't the first stop.

Thank you! That's what I was assuming. DH has to work and DS didn't want to wait, lol. Plus, the flight was super cheap. We are going in August, so fingers crossed.

Just grab an Uber from Boardwalk to GF. If you are worried about time then take an Uber to Boardwalk, drop your stuff, then Uber to GF.

I have taken DME 3 times to FW. 2 of those times we stopped at OK, SS. either one or both of the Port Orleans resorts, and finally FW. The other time FW was first then they made WL, Poly, and GF.

As others have said if they make a stop at another resort first you can always get off. From OK there is a boat to DS (bus too I believe), I believe SS also has a boat and a bus. So if you luck out and go to one of those resorts first its a nice ride on the boat.

Keep in mind that if they have any luggage along with them, they will have to use Uber/Lyft/Taxi to get around. No luggage is allowed on Disney transportation. So if they hop off DME early and have bags with them, they will not be able to say hop on a Disney bus and go to the Magic Kingdom.

Keep in mind that if they have any luggage along with them, they will have to use Uber/Lyft/Taxi to get around. No luggage is allowed on Disney transportation. So if they hop off DME early and have bags with them, they will not be able to say hop on a Disney bus and go to the Magic Kingdom.
They usually carry a backpack on the plane. Grandma and PaPa do the honors of bringing all the "stuff".

If a carry on has to go under the bus for any reason (size, space, "wah, it's heavy, mom!") it will be placed in the compartment with all the reserved resort's other luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts