Taking our Parents on a Cruise * 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona

If anyone is looking for an excursion in Naples, we did the Amalfi Coastal Drive and Pompeii in 2014 and it was spectacular. Enjoy the trip, the days will be long but so worth it.

Yes it is. I had never heard of it, but saw some photos and can't wait!
It's a really pretty city. We did a small tour and then had free time to wander the city. It really transports you back in time they have most of the original architecture

Following! We are doing this cruise next summer, 2019, for DD's graduation! Can't wait especially since it seems we are coming full circle since our first cruise was on the Magic!

Following! We are doing this cruise next summer, 2019, for DD's graduation! Can't wait especially since it seems we are coming full circle since our first cruise was on the Magic!

How long has it been since that first cruise on the Magic?

How long has it been since that first cruise on the Magic?

It will be 14 years since our last cruise on the Magic... I'm sure things have been changed since then...

Our first cruise they were having a sale of sorts of items from the cruse.. I actually picked up a bolt of the material worn by the cast members in that Animators Palate and it has been sitting in my closet all of this time... Now we have a reason to use it, just not sure what to make from it..

Following, I hope you and your family have a great cruise!

Safe travels to Barcelona :)

I just booked this cruise for next year as an adult only and to celebrate my 40th (and my bf’s) on the cruise So i really do hope you’ll write a TR and I’m going to follow along.
Wish you safe and fun travels!☀️

Will be following your TR. I hope to be taking my mom on this cruise next year. Hope you had a fantastic trip and made lots of memories with your parents!

following.. just booked ours (from rome->barcelona) next june with family and my parents as well. looking forward to your TR!

Can't believe the cruise was already a month ago!
I didn't forget about the TR, but WDW's change of blackout dates in June had our family hopping through the parks after the cruise pixiedust:

With our next cruise just 5 weeks from now, I'm looking through the photos of our Mediterranean cruise and am making time to finish this TR (after I figured out how to post photos :worried:).

June 1st - Barcelona

My sister (Sam) and I left Miami on May 31st and arrive the morning of June 1st. We took the bus from the airport to the city and enjoyed exploring Barcelona on foot. We love the architecture and culture of the city. It was the second visiting, and I wouldn't mind going back again one day.

q2v81zT.jpg

q2v81zT.jpg
IZjwLpZ.jpg

v1iymF4.jpg

7gIJoTU.jpg

Our parents arrived late that afternoon. After checking into the AC Marriott hotel and getting some fast-food for dinner, Sam and I were exhausted and excused ourselves from evening activities, but DM and DF went out and confirmed that Barcelona is a great city after dark as well.

Last edited:
June 2nd, 2018 - Embarkation Day

Those mornings are always awkward: I'm excited to board, but have to wait around the hotel until it's time is boring and there is not enough time to go out and something beyond breakfast. To help us pass the time, we decided to walk to port (about an hour walk from the AC Marriott). It might sound crazy, especially with luggage (though we always pack light), but it's not that odd for us. It helps that we always felt safe in Barcelona, and we got to walk through/see an area of the city we hadn't seen before.

The port in Barcelona is a bit more chaotic than Port Canaveral... maybe up to par with Galveston. Either way, we boarded without problems and went to Lumiere's for lunch after I added DM and DF to our Palo Brunch reservation. Most days we go to Cabana's for lunch, but that first day eating at Lumiere's is a relaxing way to start our cruise. Plus there we get our first Mickey Ice Cream Bar!

We walked around the Magic to get DM and DF familiar with the ship. Sam and
I hadn't been on the Magic before, but we have been on the Wonder. At 1:30 our rooms were ready (inside staterooms, next to each other). To our relieve, DM and DF were impressed with the ship and didn't think the room was too small/claustrophobic.

We unpacked, explored some more, and enjoyed our dinner and evening show.

Sorry, no photos... I'm not one to be attached to my phone during the day unless I'm out and about. Being on DCL is like being home :teeth:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!