• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Takumi-Tei Dinner on 4/15/24

champagne&disney

Holding out hope for a Mary Poppins Attraction
I had a LOVELY dinner last week at Takumi-Tei! The service was impeccable and the food really was outstanding. I am a really really tough critic when it comes to food and every course made me feel like I was not in a theme park. This is such a great splurge meal if you are into Japanese cuisine. The sushi was excellent and A5 is one of my favorite proteins on earth!

Let me know if you have any questions but here are my photos from my 2-hour experience.

Edited to add: I only want to eat lobster tail when it is tempura style served with ponzu and yuzu salt. That is all.

Attachments

• IMG_1211 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1211 Large.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1214 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1214 Large.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1217 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1217 Large.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1218 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1218 Large.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1222 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1222 Large.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1228 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1228 Large.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1235 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1235 Large.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1239 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1239 Large.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1244 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1244 Large.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1246 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1246 Large.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
This one is definitely on our list to try in the near future. Just saving that extra change in the piggy bank before we go! Thanks for the review and pics.
The AP discount helped me + I didn't have any alcohol. It was too hot for any drinks 🤣

Thank you so much for posting your review and pics for this rather special experience. We just missed Takumi Tei’s opening last trip. I am crossing my fingers and toes that we may enjoy at least one dinner there in the future! You do have me drooling! :cloud9:

Thanks for posting on my board and for this great review and pics! Im so glad you had a great time and the food blew you away. Can you please comment on the quality of the sushi and nigiri, especially compared to high-end sushi areas and omakases in your home city? Thank you again!

Thanks for posting on my board and for this great review and pics! Im so glad you had a great time and the food blew you away. Can you please comment on the quality of the sushi and nigiri, especially compared to high-end sushi areas and omakases in your home city? Thank you again!
Definitely on par with the high end spots I've been to in Atlanta (my hometown) and in San Francisco and New York (will travel for food; we probably would be great friends tbh). Two of the places here earned 1 Michelin star and I've been to both ... would definitely put this in the same ballpark which feels crazy to say, but also it was really good!

The Otoro was good - wish it had been a little fattier tuna, but the caviar made up for it. :-)

I keep trying to pick a favorite dish to highlight but I am failing.

Definitely on par with the high end spots I've been to in Atlanta (my hometown) and in San Francisco and New York (will travel for food; we probably would be great friends tbh). Two of the places here earned 1 Michelin star and I've been to both ... would definitely put this in the same ballpark which feels crazy to say, but also it was really good!

The Otoro was good - wish it had been a little fattier tuna, but the caviar made up for it. :-)

I keep trying to pick a favorite dish to highlight but I am failing.
Sold!!

Disney + fine dining = two broke besties :P

I can’t wait! Im glad that it was comparable to excellent restaurants in big cities. Sometimes I can’t tell if positive reviews are because of the restaurant actually serving excellent food or rose-colored glasses of being in Disney and the magic (which is totally understandable I probably would be too).

Sold!!

Disney + fine dining = two broke besties :P

I can’t wait! Im glad that it was comparable to excellent restaurants in big cities. Sometimes I can’t tell if positive reviews are because of the restaurant actually serving excellent food or rose-colored glasses of being in Disney and the magic (which is totally understandable I probably would be too).
I'm such an Eeyore about food at Disney / Universal so when it is good, I am surprised. There are just so many lackluster dishes for my palate - I know a lot of people love things there I do not, but that's part of life and why there are so many choices.

Thank you!! This is super timely, as I just booked this yesterday. We are going in July, in the blistering heat. Can you please let me know what kind of attire did you see there? I know the Disney website says

Dress Code​

This restaurant is a Disney Signature Dining experience offering fine dining with a distinctly magical flair. Guests are expected to dress accordingly in attire that adheres to the restaurant's sophisticated and upscale aesthetic. Clothing should be clean, neat and in good condition. Please no swimwear.

but we will be touring the park all day, and wondered what you wore and what you saw others wearing. Would nice shorts and shirts be OK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter