Talk to me about being an out-of-state passholder

We've had APs for the last several years. Usually try and time the purchases to get 3 trips, which easily makes them worth it. If you were only to do 2 trips in a year, you need to crunch the numbers to see if its worth it. Need to include the food and merchandise discounts as well.
With our April trip cancelled, our APs this year will be more of a break even rather than saving money at best.

When you are crunching numbers, also consider only getting 1 AP. With that 1 AP, you can use it for room discounts, merchandise discounts (especially if you end up buying a lot, and even dining discounts. You can get the passholder room rate on up to 3 rooms at a time (if you are a large party) with only 1 member of the party being a passholder. Whoever has the pass, has to be the one doing all the shopping and make the reservations, but the single pass could potentially save you enough money to make it worth it, without the expense of buying multiple APs.

We have had APs off and on for over 15 years now from Louisiana. At first, we had them for ourselves and kids, scheduled the timing so that a late Mardi Gras one year and an early Mardi Gras the next both fit into the year. As the kids grew, we just kept the APs for hubby and myself, and bought tickets for teen and adult kids when they came with us. They weren't coming often enough to make the AP worthwhile for them. It is about a 12 hour drive, but we typically go for a weekend every other month, with longer trips scattered throughout the year. Stay offsite mostly as that is the only way we can afford to make as many trips as we do. I have 100% made a trip for the sole purpose of getting a sippy cup or popcorn bucket, then turning around and driving home.

The best thing about them has been how relaxing it is, like another poster mentioned. I was in Orlando for a business convention and had no qualms about visiting the parks in the evening for a trip around the Serengeti (literally was on the last ride of the night), or to watch Wishes at MK. Have been able to leave early on a Friday to get there in time to ride Spaceship Earth before closing. There is no "wasting a day", but rather, a "getting an extra day benefit" feeling.

You really need to find someone who lives in FLA and setup a bank account.......and get in-state passes for like $550!

We were AP holders when our DD was a CM. Worked out since we'd go visit several times a year. Even though she got a few guest passes, she'd use them for her sister. We found it worth every penny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter