Talk to Me About the Tree House Villas.

William Ades

Mouseketeer
So my daughter has always wanted to stay in the Tree House Villas and we found ourselves with a few extra points for this upcoming year and I pulled the trigger on them and booked one. What are your thoughts? I have seen/heard that the bus situation is less than ideal, and I am not overly excited about the pool that is there. How much of a hassle are the buses, and did you find it overly inconvenient to go visit the Carriage House or Paddock pools? I will have my own vehicle there if that helps?

Last edited:
We are debating getting a treehouse villa for our next trip. I hear the busses are horrible for a treehouse villa. But you will have a car, so it shouldn't be a problem if you drive to the parks. The only draw back for us is that I love to walk around the hotel lobby and ease of getting things at the store.

We have stayed in the Treehouse villas twice and the kids love them. The huge deck is wonderful to sit on in the early mornings and they layout inside is great. But they are 'out there' and have a very private camping feel. They are very quiet with the exception of noisy frogs and bugs lol we could not believe how loud the frogs were some days. We had a car both times but don't mind walking so we walked to the carriage house and pool many times.

You should definitely look at a map of the treehouse's and make your requests asap.

We did use the buses on occasion and they were pretty reliable. We also requested to be close to the walking path to SSR and got a treehouse right next to the path, so that helped with the walking, especially for kids to refill mugs (kept them busy!)! We were within a short walking distance of the pool both times and it was usually very quiet there and never really busy. Kids usually preferred to walk to one of the other pools.

We have stayed in the Treehouse villas twice and the kids love them. The huge deck is wonderful to sit on in the early mornings and they layout inside is great. But they are 'out there' and have a very private camping feel. They are very quiet with the exception of noisy frogs and bugs lol we could not believe how loud the frogs were some days. We had a car both times but don't mind walking so we walked to the carriage house and pool many times.

You should definitely look at a map of the treehouse's and make your requests asap.

We did use the buses on occasion and they were pretty reliable. We also requested to be close to the walking path to SSR and got a treehouse right next to the path, so that helped with the walking, especially for kids to refill mugs (kept them busy!)! We were within a short walking distance of the pool both times and it was usually very quiet there and never really busy. Kids usually preferred to walk to one of the other pools.
Didn't even think about the refill mugs!!

My family is a big fan of the Treehouses. Not everyone is. They are remote, but that is what we like.

Pros - They are remote and quiet. Whenever we have visited the pool, nobody was there. We owned it making it much easier to let the kids cut loose. The boat to Disney Springs is convenient and gets you to dozens of dining options. Buses to the parks aren't an option if you get a southern villa. Don't take the internal transfer bus, but walk over to the Grandstand (< 5 minutes) and pick up the normal bus. It is the first stop, so you'll always get a seat and don't have to worry about the bus already being full.
Cons - Too far away for drink refills (we spent about $30 in soda and stocked the fridge and saved money for once). You really should have a vehicle. Parking is 1 per villa, but isn't enforced. People have reported not finding any parking spots even though they should have one. Overflow parking is across the golf course in the Grandstand area. The bunk beds are small. They work for kids, but a full grown man would have issues.

I've never stayed at the Treehouses but I talked to a bunch of people that were staying there.

The biggest complaint was the buses. Those that didn't have a car had to wait for the bus to pick them up, just to take them to the Springs bus stop. They then transferred to a park bus. The Springs is the last stop on the route. Often buses are already full when they come by and they literally just drive right by the stop.

Now, if you have a car, even if you don't want to drive to the park, you could drive to Grandstand, park and get on the bus at that first stop.

THV was built on a wetland (swamp). You can have the critters that a wetland has, bugs and maybe reptiles. Disney does a pretty good job of keeping them at bay but I wouldn't go walking at night on the dark paths.

:earsboy: Bill

Just beware, mosquitoes, alligators and snakes like the tree houses also.

Never saw any during our stay.

I think that happens to apply to all of WDW.

Regarding the buses - they aren't terrible it's just that there's an extra step. You can take the internal THV bus that makes 2 stops at THV and then heads over to The Springs where you can head to the facilities there or get on a park bus. As mentioned - if you stay in one of the treehouses nearest to SSR it's an easy walk over to Grandstand to get on the park buses there. It is the first stop but that means you'll ride thru all of SSR before you head out of the resort. When we stayed there we had a car but probably used it 1/2 the time and used the buses the other half.

Are you a camping type family? Like seclusion? dark areas? Like nature type vacations? Ok with more likely heavier bug concentrations, it’s woodsy.. and season matters even more. (rain/bugs/animals). It may be inside sleeping.. but it’s much more camping style versus resort disney style.
Wherever you choose, enjoy!

We came back one night to two raccoons on the steps. They moved off when we approached.

We had a car, and stayed at the tree houses as part of a split stay. We did things that were easy to drive to while staying at the tree house, including things offsite. I wouldn't recommend an MK visit while there.

Can someone describe for me the location of the handicapped accessible THV and the walking path to the bus at the Grandstand.
TIA

Is it possible for a handicap person with wheel chair to get up into a treehouse villa?

Is it possible for a handicap person with wheel chair to get up into a treehouse villa?

I believe there are 4 treehouses that are accessible. You need to reserve one at the time of booking. Two sets of two treehouse each share one long ramp and then it divides off to each.

Here's a picture from allears.net of one of the ramps.

thvada3.jpg

A wheelchair would not be able to access any of the other treehouses. Here is a photo of the entry stairs.

treehouse-villa-7057-60t.jpg

You forgot about the bears. One was spotted one year between OKW and THV.

We saw a flock of birds attacking a black racer that was perched on top of the bushes near the Grandstand bus stop. I think the birds had a nest in there and the snake wanted the baby birds or eggs in the nest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter