::tap tap:: is this thing on? PTR as a FIRST TIMER!

RollTideinMD

Mouseketeer
Hi y'all!!

I LOVE reading trip reports and I can't wait to fill y'all in on mine in a couple of months, so here's to my PTR filling the void in the meantime.

WHO:
My name is Shanna and I am a divorced 31 year old mother to hilariously awesome kids -- Dillon (9) and Delaney (6). I was born and raised in Alabama and we call Baltimore, Maryland home. I work in Senior Management for a Robotics Engineering company. My son plays baseball & basketball, my daughter rides horseback and plays soccer.

IMG-3638.JPG

WHAT:
THIS IS MY FIRST DISNEY TRIP!!! Whaaa!? YES MA'AM! I am screaming. My tiny humans have been once before with their dad & his family.

WHEN:
February 11 - 16, 2019

WHERE:
Pop Century

Let's start with my favorite thing: Food. I asked my son what he was looking forward to the most about this trip, be it the plane ride, characters, rides, etc., and he said "Food."

Just like his mama.

Despite being a Disney newbie, I put a TON of research into our dining selections and very well knew where we wanted to eat well before our 180 day window for ADR. We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan (my son and I are foodies).

I had a couple of places that I knew I had to go (BOG, CRT, Ohana) and learned about a few other places from these wonderful boards (Tiffins!).

Our dining reservations have changed significantly since I originally booked our ADR, dropping several TS meals, adding an additional signature meal, and trying to maximize our park time.

Here's where we currently stand with our dining plans:

Day 1, February 11: Half day at MK
Breakfast: Overpriced airport breakfast (hopefully, if anything is open at 5am)
Lunch: More than likely QS in MK (open to suggestions!)
Dinner: ADR for 7:00pm at Cinderella's Royal Table

I am SO EXCITED about CRT - what a fantastic way to kick off 5 days in Disney!

Day 2, February 12: MK Day!
Breakfast: ADR for 8:25 at The Crystal Palace
(I often joke that I am dead on the inside, hey, I am. Black soul over here. But, the thought of eating bacon and eggs with Pooh and friends walking around the room brings me to straight tears, y'all. That's when I knew that I needed to go to Disney and go often.)
Lunch: ADR for 1:00 at Be Our Guest (again - screaming! I didn't think we'd be able to get reservations for BOG, but we did!)
Dinner: ADR for 7:50 at Liberty Tree Tavern

Day 3, February 13: Epcot Day!
Breakfast: ADR at 8:05 for Akershus (I am SO excited about these reservations, too! I am a princess fanatic, my daughter is as well)
Lunch: Will be a QS lunch (We originally opted to have lunch at Biergarten, but I dropped the ADR in exchange for less food and more park time. I think if my kids were older, we would've kept these ADR)
Dinner: ADR at 8:15 at Coral Reef

Day 4, February 14: Hollywood Studios!
Breakfast: ADR at 8:05 for Hollywood & Vine (I'm not completely sold here, my kids have grown out of Disney Junior characters, so I am hoping that the food is good)
Lunch: QS somewhere
Dinner: ADR at 7:35 for 50's Prime Time (I'm VERY EXCITED about this one! This southern girl loves some comfort food!)

Day 5, February 15: Animal Kingdom!
Breakfast: ADR for 8:10 at Tusker House
Lunch: QS - looking for suggestions :)
Dinner: ADR for 7:50 at Tiffins
(This an entirely selfish choice on my part - their menu looks amazing and I'm sure the kids will find something.)

Day 6, February 16: Departure Day.
Breakfast: Ohana before taking a trip on the Tragical Express.

You are going to love it!
Akershus is Ah-mazing and we are hoping to squeeze it in this time too. Pop Century is our favorite ever, but we don't fit anymore- so I'll just have to see all your photos :dogdance:

Rides? Rides?
We missed quite a few because we did not plan very well with littles. Are there things you are going to make sure you don't miss?

Following along!

Your kids are adorable!!

My daughter has that same dress (yea target!!) and we live 40 minutes from Baltimore!!! Small world (after all...)

Hey y'all!!

We are 46 days out! I paid the final installment of our trip last week -- Disney is completely paid for! :rainbow:

Fastpasses are booked and I couldn't leave our ADR alone, so there have been changes there. I dropped Coral Reef for Chef Mickey's (for the character experience more than anything) and I dropped Tiffins for Sanaa.

Fastpasses have been booked:
Day 1:
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
7DMT

Day 2:
Splash Mtn
BTMRR
7DMT

Day3:
Soarin
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush

Day 4:
ToT
Rock'n Roller Coaster
SDD

Day 5:
the Safari
FoP
Expedition Everest

You are going to love it!
Akershus is Ah-mazing and we are hoping to squeeze it in this time too. Pop Century is our favorite ever, but we don't fit anymore- so I'll just have to see all your photos :dogdance:

Rides? Rides?
We missed quite a few because we did not plan very well with littles. Are there things you are going to make sure you don't miss?

SDD and 7DMT are my big hitters, my son is excited for EE! I will share ton of pics in my TR :)

Following along!

Your kids are adorable!!

My daughter has that same dress (yea target!!) and we live 40 minutes from Baltimore!!! Small world (after all...)

Aw yay! It IS a Small Word :) Thank you!

A fun little life update:

Things have been insanely busy at work. I got promotion in the fall of 2017 and between then and now - I have not taken a vacation. I've taken PTO or had a sick day, but I've always ended up responding to an email, taking a call, or doing some paperwork. I tried to take a stay-cation last summer and a weekend getaway in the winter of 2018 - no dice. I ended up working through both times away from the office.

Last month, I finally found Mr. Right. The perfect office manager candidate to take some of this stress off of my shoulders. He's been doing tremendously well in his role and I think it's safe to say that I can go on my magical vacation and NOT BRING MY LAPTOP WITH ME! :lovestruc

I would be lying if I didn't say that I am a little anxious about being unplugged from my professional life for 6 days, but I doubt the building will burn down without me.

I recently started having some stress related blood pressure issues, so I am desperately needing these next 19 days to fly on by so my vacation can get here!

Vacation Updates:
Last month I started buying random odds and ends for our park bag; ziplocks, Germ-x, tissues, etc. Even these little purchases have been building anticipation and excitement. My Anker power bank and Disney Encyclopedia of Characters came from Amazon. We are using the encyclopedia as our autograph book for character meets. I also purchased a pair of FitFlops to wear a couple of days in the park as well. I loathe socks and tennis shoes, so I am hoping that these ultra cushioned and supportive shoes won't kill my feet/legs/back.

I decided to drop our FOP FP+ on our AK day. I had been having some anxiety about the fit of the ride (particularly my legs), motion sickness, and my 6 year of being scared of the ride.

I also dropped Hollywood & Vine for breakfast on our DHS day and picked up a 7:50 rezzie for Cape May. My kids have outgrown Disney Junior and I've seen hardly any positive reviews on the food, so I am excited to give Cape May a try for breakfast on Valentine's Day. :love:

Overall, we are NINETEEN days away from this vacation that I booked way back in June. I can't believe that we are approaching the final countdown and it can't come soon enough! :rainbow:

Ha! You totally got me with “Mr. Right”. Glad you can semi relax on your much needed vaca. Hope these last few weeks fly by for you!

I am following along. A little late to your planning of course but here none the less!

Lunch: More than likely QS in MK (open to suggestions!)
We try to always go to Columbia Harbor House once a trip. Solid Seafood! And Pecos Bills is another spot we like. Or we like the waffle place in Liberty Square.

Lunch: Will be a QS lunch (We originally opted to have lunch at Biergarten, but I dropped the ADR in exchange for less food and more park time. I think if my kids were older, we would've kept these ADR)
It will be Festival of the Arts while you are there. You guys could try some food from the booths.

Breakfast: ADR at 8:05 for Hollywood & Vine (I'm not completely sold here, my kids have grown out of Disney Junior characters, so I am hoping that the food is good)
I was going to say that the food doesn't sound great there, but then you posted you changed it. Probably a good idea.

Breakfast: ADR for 8:10 at Tusker House
Lunch: QS - looking for suggestions :)
Tusker House will be yummy! We have only done lunch but I have heard great things about it. Folks love Flame Tree BBQ for lunch and it's good, but you should def try Santuli Canteen for lunch.

I dropped Tiffins for Sanaa.
We looooove Sanaa. Better kid choices as well.

I'll be back with an update later, but OUR MAGIC BANDS CAME (and were immediately decorated!)

img-4330-jpg.377654
I love them!

Last month, I finally found Mr. Right. The perfect office manager candidate to take some of this stress off of my shoulders. He's been doing tremendously well in his role and I think it's safe to say that I can go on my magical vacation and NOT BRING MY LAPTOP WITH ME! :lovestruc
I recently started having some stress related blood pressure issues, so I am desperately needing these next 19 days to fly on by so my vacation can get here!
Part of why we love Disney, it is a place that my DH can truely disconnect. I hope you can too. We all need a break from work at some point.

We are using the encyclopedia as our autograph book for character meets.
We did this and it's great! We have added to it over the years and is a great souviegn to keep for years to come. If you don't already, get a few of the retractable sharpie markers. They work better on those books than a regular pen. And they are easier to manage than the ones with tops.

I also dropped Hollywood & Vine for breakfast on our DHS day and picked up a 7:50 rezzie for Cape May. My kids have outgrown Disney Junior and I've seen hardly any positive reviews on the food, so I am excited to give Cape May a try for breakfast on Valentine's Day. :love:
Good plan! I think you guys will like Cape May better, for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!