• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tappanyki Japan THINGY

We ate there in December and nothing was restricted.
I understand they removed some items (Lobster?) from the menu
before then.

Well we were there in December and the only restrictions I remember were that the took the lobster off the "samari special" and if you want lobster tail it has to be an "add on" also the appetizers were different than the old menu, I believe those were also add ons too (the shrimp and a couple of other things). It's still worth it to me, we are going again and besides paying an extra 13 bucks or so for a lobster tail when you're getting your dinner for free is alrighty with me :teeth:

When I made my ADRs, I did ask the reservationist and she said that if you had the DDP, there were no restrictions, this included Teppanyaki & Le Cellier.

I don't know if the layout of the menu has changed, but we ate there recently (5/5) and it was pretty clear what you could pick. There was an appetizer, sushi, entree/combo, dessert and add-on section. So when the waitress explained it to us, she said you pick an appetizer, entree/combo and dessert. It was pretty straight forward. So technically there are no 'restrictions', just other stuff besides your entitlements that you can add-on at your cost.

We ate at Teppanyaki this week on 5/8 and the sushi was not included. We all (3 adults) ordered combos. When planning our ADRs I was also concerned about restrictions. Our waitress asked who was on the dining plan, and she clearly explained what was included. We enjoyed our dinner and felt it was a good choice. :thumbsup2

We're going to Teppanaki on our honeymoon and were wondering about the whole sushi/lobster add ons thing....thanks for clarifying!

Whohoo.... can't wait till July 10!!! :cool1:

We were there last week. Please see my post re this restaurant.

Basically, they have re-divided the menu. ANything under Appetizer, Entree, Combo, and Dessert is allowed.

Sushi has been moved to a separate section labelled "sushi menu." Lobster is in a section labelled "side items". Neither of these is included.

We ate steak and shrimp combo and chicken and shrimp combo. Complimentary appetizer of some seaweed like stuff is included. You can then choose from soup or 2 additional salads. Dessert is ice cream or fresh pineapple or ginger cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter