Teens: Your Favorite Thing(s) on Cruise?

stephmarty

Spending my Kids' Inheritance on Disney
We're cruising on the Magic in October, and my 14 yo brother will be with us. He won't be bringing a friend on this vacation, so he is curious what to expect on his first-ever cuise. We have been on DCL before, so we told him about the cruise from our perspective (an older perspective--I'm 28). I am asking for those of you who are close to his age to recommend to him the best things about your cruise on DCL (onboard or on land--we're taking Western Carribbean).

Thanks in advance for your advice to my brother (his name is Drew).

I'll ask my son to respond to this question, but have you posted on the Teen Board, too?

Thanks for the advice--I didn't know there was a teen board.

Common Grounds is AMAZING!!! But personally my favorite place on the ship is Buena Vista Theatre where you can just relax and watch a movie...for free!!!

He might also like the basketball and soccer court on the top deck, but definetly encourage him to make friends at common grounds!!!

I've been on both ships before, and I wanted to tell you some things I liked on there! There are really cool shows, such as Disney Dreams or Hercules. ;) I would recommend that you could go to the teens club. Me, personally, I have never been there, because I am twelve, but I'm going to be thirteen when I go on next year's cruise.

When i cruised last October, I never went into the Common Grounds place because Id rather do things on my own, and by the second day, all the teenagers were walking around in a big group, so if you want to be a part of that, go on the first day. I spent probably the most time in the Arcade. They have air hockey there and I just played that against anyone who would play. I went to the theater and saw a movie, I played glow in the dark volleyball

Even though I wasnt part of the Teen group, there was still lots of stuff to do, and spending time with your family isnt really that bad!

Thanks, everybody, for your replies. I will make your recommendations to my brother--he is so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter