Telecommuting... From Disney?

I’m retired now but did this many, many times in the past. I was a speaker at many conventions held in Orlando. Seven in one year once.

I’d alway go early and stay at a deluxe hotel at Disney (even if the conference was elsewhere.) to prepare my speech. Plus it helped with time time difference from the west coast to go early. Sometimes I’d have a conference call with the Sydney or London offices.

I did this once. We had a short DCL cruise with bookend stays at BLT. I worked in spurts in our room and on the cruise in the Cove Cafe. I did not have to join any conference calls, but I did have work to do. It wasn't my choice to take vacation this way, and I asked for the vacation time that I gave up to be added back into my balance (granted).

Since work stress caused shingles and hair loss two years ago, I will no longer take work with me unless it's my choice. I do not even take my work-issued smartphone with me.

DH has stayed behind in the room and worked before. One year we just left him at home for a few days :-) I always check my email and answer emails. I've had a few "emergency" calls when out and about. I think it would be an issue if we both had "work" at the same time but with one working and the other able to do park stuff it's okay.

I took a work call once while in MK and have worked several times from rooms at various resorts...hubby also had to dash back to the hotel to do a powerpoint presentation for work just a few weeks ago...he hopped the monorail to the Grand Floridian, did his presentation, and hopped the monorail back to MK and met the rest of our party just in time for Dole Whips :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!