Tell me about Olive Garden!

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but on a similar note, can someone explain Cheesecake Factory to someone whose never been?

Cheesecake Factory has a huge menu, infact it is spiral bound. With that being said the variety of choices are over the top. Every type of food is on the menu. No one should have difficulty finding an item to order. The portions are large, but a few menu items come in half portions. We try to order something different whenever we visit. Everything has been great so far from the many pastas, fish tacos, burgers, fish and chips, salads, etc...

And the many different amazing cheesecakes for dessert just top it off. :lovestruc

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but on a similar note, can someone explain Cheesecake Factory to someone whose never been?

Cheesecake factory is a chain restaurant. It would be similar to TGI Friday's and Hard Rock Cafe. The food would be American, pastas, chicken, beef, vegetarian, burgers, wraps, salads. The portions are large. They specialize in cheesecake and you can just go in and get a take away slice of cheesecake if you don't want a full sit down meal. They have a large range of cheesecakes and all are available to take away. You can even go for a sit down meal and get you dessert / cheesecake to take away. It' a mid price chain, popular with families, and the food is decent and with an extensive range of options.

Cheesecake factory is a chain restaurant. It would be similar to TGI Friday's and Hard Rock Cafe. The food would be American, pastas, chicken, beef, vegetarian, burgers, wraps, salads. The portions are large. They specialize in cheesecake and you can just go in and get a take away slice of cheesecake if you don't want a full sit down meal. They have a large range of cheesecakes and all are available to take away. You can even go for a sit down meal and get you dessert / cheesecake to take away. It' a mid price chain, popular with families, and the food is decent and with an extensive range of options.

Cheesecake Factory is great! We’ve been about 40 times and only ever had one bad meal there.

The bread is yummy and the salted caramel cheesecake is amazing xx

Thank you! I’d never considered Carabbas, I’ll take a look at the menu, thanks xx

I recommend Carrabba’s instead. The food and experience is much better than Olive Garden. For us, Olive Garden is way too salty and the red sauce is not that great. I agree with a previous poster, it tastes like tin...so it must be canned sauce.

That’s awful and it really has put me off now. So sorry you missed eating at the castle and BBB X

All I can say is that last time we went, my adult niece got food poisoning from the sausage and spent the next day throwing up everywhere. We missed our reservations for lunch at the the castle and the little one missed her BBB. Never ever will I go there again.

We LOVE Olive Garden. I’m sure there are better places but for us it’s part of our holiday - we always go on the first and last nights that we stay on I-Drive and get a Shake Shack on the way back to the hotel!

The portions are pretty big, food is good, service is good and the breadsticks are amazing!

While we have visited a couple of times in the past, it's not one that has made our list of regular places to eat. The food was only just OK and I always objected to what I felt was servers pushing wine when it's quite obvious that everyone must have driven - perhaps they no longer do this though. We prefer Carrabbas (for the bread and herbs alone) if we're looking for Italian down Formosa Gardens way.

Mrs TT

While we have visited a couple of times in the past, it's not one that has made our list of regular places to eat. The food was only just OK and I always objected to what I felt was servers pushing wine when it's quite obvious that everyone must have driven - perhaps they no longer do this though. We prefer Carrabbas (for the bread and herbs alone) if we're looking for Italian down Formosa Gardens way.

Mrs TT

They've always pushed wine when I've been too. The money is clearly made on that!

we enjoy olive garden..
i've never been in orlando..
we've gone to the one in manhattan, one in houston (when we were at MD Anderson), and one in suburban detroit..

all three were absolutely identical, so i assume the one near WDW is the same..

we enjoyed the bottomless salad - i can eat my weight in salad, so that's always fun..
and i can't remember what pasta i had, but it was fine...for some reason i thought it was also unlimited, but maybe i'm wrong?

anyway, we enjoy it....it's not gourmet, far from it...but we find it to be a decent meal...

we enjoy olive garden..
i've never been in orlando..
we've gone to the one in manhattan, one in houston (when we were at MD Anderson), and one in suburban detroit..

all three were absolutely identical, so i assume the one near WDW is the same..

There are very slight variances, but that's because of different chefs preparing the meals. Other than that, all Olive Gardens are basically the same.

I'm in the minority, but I think Olive Garden is better than Carrabbas. Tastier food, larger portions and less expensive.

we enjoyed the bottomless salad - i can eat my weight in salad, so that's always fun..
and i can't remember what pasta i had, but it was fine...for some reason i thought it was also unlimited, but maybe i'm wrong?

At least once a year (can't remember if it's once or twice a year), they run an all-you-can-eat pasta special. Used to get it all the time. But when you reach my age, one serving is too much.

anyway, we enjoy it....it's not gourmet, far from it...but we find it to be a decent meal...

Right now, OG is running a special; buy one meal, and buy a carry-out meal for $5 (certain meals only; not lasagna....I think spaghetti and meat balls and fettuccine alfredo are on the list of carry-out meals). That's a good deal if your unit has a refrigerator and microwave.

American
Olive Garden is kinda like Bella Italia, but American Italian if you get what I mean. Its a chain restaurant so Im sure you will get Americans telling you not to go, the food is crap, blah blah blah. But honestly for us Europeans, who dont have Olive Garden, its just another part of the American experience. I love it :)

American for Americans who live in Mall ridden places. Definitely NOT Italian American. It is frozen garbage. Sit down fast food.

I’ve eaten there before, it’s not great.. it’s just like Bella italia, pizza express etc. It’s not worth going there at all. Cheesecake Factory on the other hand, I would definitely make a trip to, it’s amazing! At least the one at the grove in Los Angeles is, I’ve never eaten at the one in orlando

I like the bottomless salad and breadsticks. And wine? Don't mind if I do. I can't remember what entrees I've had, but I think I enjoyed one of the soups. I haven't been in a very long time, but recall enjoying it well enough. Often, if we drive by I think, oh yeah, maybe we should go and i start to salivate thinking about the breadsticks. We have a mom and pop italian place super close, though, so it hasn't happened.

Cheesecake factory menu intimidates me, but I can always find something there, and it's usually very tasty. It's been very loud in all the ones I've been to, though, which is a turn off to me.

Olive Garden is my fave for salad, breadsticks and fettuccine Alfredo

As an adult, it's "ok". Better than MacDonald's, but not what I would call "good".
However, kids love it. It's bland enough for them, I suppose. My 4 year old GS told our server that "This is the best restaurant in the world".
I hate the trying to upcharge you- a game thing at the table to get $2.99 out of you, placed in front of the children. (I moved it- and it charged me, but my waiter took it off). The wine and beer is WAY overpriced, as are the fancy drinks.
The kids love the pasta and red sauce and the mac 'n cheese. We go in there about once every 18 months or so. I would never go in there for "good" food, though. It's like Dennys, or Perkins, but with more pasta and some alcohol.

I think Ill be wanting Caeser dressing too!!
I love the unlimited salad and breadsticks, they also have a choice of soup. I often eat so much salad, I have to take part of my entree home with me. I think their salad is the best, just an oil and vinegar dressing but its really good.

Love Olive Garden Servers treat you well food and drink are good. Love the salad, soup, and bread sticks.

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned the speed of service, last time 6 of us were in and out in 40 minutes!. I appreciate some may like this, but I prefer a more leisurely meal, so much so that we now choose to get the food to go!

As others have said Cheesecake Factory has a huge menu and we have never been disappointed with what we have had. I highly recommend the apple streusel cheesecake to go (trust me you will be full after 1 course unless you have a big appetite)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!