Tell me about The Boardwalk Villas...

momtoleasawav

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I am waitlisted at the Beach club but really do not think it is going to go through. So we are staying at the Boardwalk in April. Thought? The good, the bad? Any tips?
Thank you!!

Best location for Epcot resorts IMO. Easy walking distance to both Epcot and DHS. Only 1 bank of elevators though that is by the lobby so if you're at the end of a wing and unable to use the stairs it's a walk down to get there every time. It has a community hall and the slide is much more fun than the one at SAB IMO. With the Boardwalk there is a lot of dining and entertainment options right there too.

We own most of our points here and love it. You may want to request close to elevator as the hallways are very long. Or you could request ground floor as there are multiple doors that to out. What view did you book...standard tends to look at portico entry and if you request close to elevator you will be close to portico and hear beeping from luggage vans coming in From airport. If you have BW view that can also be noisy with all the stuff going on. If you have garden/pool view you could get that side view of BW that looks at the grassy area. We just had that and it was a bit noisy with all the stuff going on. I requested it though and enjoyed watching everything from balcony.

Parking can be a pain. If you go left and past valet there are some spots people don't know about.

Big River is a great place for walk ins and food is not bad. They also have Tv's at bar if you need to watch games.

Hot tub at quiet pool is great to use in mornings. The little bar off the lobby, on Inn side, sells breakfast pastries and coffee in morning.

I could say so much more. Any questions ask.

Also, 75% of the time our room is not ready until 3-4pm.

We own most of our points here and love it. You may want to request close to elevator as the hallways are very long. Or you could request ground floor as there are multiple doors that to out. What view did you book...standard tends to look at portico entry and if you request close to elevator you will be close to portico and hear beeping from luggage vans coming in From airport. If you have BW view that can also be noisy with all the stuff going on. If you have garden/pool view you could get that side view of BW that looks at the grassy area. We just had that and it was a bit noisy with all the stuff going on. I requested it though and enjoyed watching everything from balcony.

Parking can be a pain. If you go left and past valet there are some spots people don't know about.

Big River is a great place for walk ins and food is not bad. They also have Tv's at bar if need to see sport games.

Hot tub at quiet pool is great to use in mornings. The little bar off the lobby, on Inn side sells breakfast pastries and coffee in morning.

I could say so much more. Any questions ask.

Also, 75% of the time our room was not ready until 3-4pm.

I have a garden view and I did request near elevators. Are there places to get a quick bite to eat or do you have to go down to the boardwalk? What about drink refilling stations? Thank you!

The pool bar or the bakery on BW refills mugs. The bar off lobby sells breakfast otherwise it's all down on BW. We enjoy Big River and La Trattoria is really good. The ice cream place is good. And we love drinks at Abbracadabar. ESPN is always tough to get into.

The laundry room is on ground floor near elevators. The gym is down there too. There is an arcade outside there.

I have a garden view and I did request near elevators. Are there places to get a quick bite to eat or do you have to go down to the boardwalk? What about drink refilling stations? Thank you!

If you have a studio you could request Village Green area. The studios there are in the pool/garden view category but have a side view of the boardwalk. They are also closer to the elevator.

I own at Saratoga - and have never ever stayed there! All our stays are at the Boardwalk! It is literally home to us.

If your waitlist comes through - you will love the Beach Club because of the pool - but the next best place to be is the Boardwalk! Don't forget to visit Ample Hills - you will not be disappointed.

And people are not exaggerating about the long walks to the rooms..... consider yourself lucky if you get a room near the elevator.

Have fun!!!!

We own at BWV and love it! If there is a "downside" to it, it's that you have to go outside to get most any food. This becomes a problem when it's raining cats and dogs outside for an extended period of time. This doesn't happen often, but it's something to be aware of.

The other thing you might want to consider is going over to the Swan/Dolphin for some of your meals. I've found the quality of their food is better than at the Disney resorts (which has been going down over the years, IMO).

We are headed back there in May! Can't wait!!! :yay:

Have a great trip!!

Be aware that if your room is at the end of the hall you will be in a different time zone than the front desk. So take that into consideration if you have to call the front desk.

Shula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin is excellent. And if you are old like me and remember his Dolphin's teams there is a lot of memorabilia there.

Top floor, across from the bus stop. Far away enough from the entrance, about halfway between elevators and steps that lead to the bus stop and parking lot.

I have a standard view 2 bedroom booked for the 3rd week of December and wasn't sure whether to even put in a request. I don't really want to overlook the portico area (I would rather have the longer walk than the beeping vehicles, lol), so I will try this one. Regardless, we are beyond ecstatic to stay at BWV! Love the EP resort area. Thanks for the info!

As to pool/garden view (and any other views), one request to make is for higher floor; consider that a necessity if you ask for Village Green area in a studio -- good views for almost all rooms but second floor rooms really have no view at all because it is blocked out by the arches above Wyland's Gallery. As to a 1BR standard, your desire should be to avoid close to elevator or lobby because you can get some noise there with loading and unloading of luggage carts going on right below you in the front entrance area. As to "long walks" from room to lobby if room is near the end of the hall, it is not really bad, e.g., I also own at AKV where the walk from end room to the lobby on the Kidani north wing is three times longer than the longest walk at BWV.

And my last stay I did the room request thing with Touring Plans. Did not get exact room but really close. Maybe worth the annual member fee for that...and the dining reservation finder was awesome too and found us 3 resies.

we're staying at BWV for first time the first week of May. We've booked a HA room - and were lucky to get the last one available. Fingers crossed for a nice view!

.............(snip)......The other thing you might want to consider is going over to the Swan/Dolphin for some of your meals............
And if you do, remember to check for a DVC discount. Most of them offer 20%!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!