Tell me about the Preview Center

Lyndarella

All my dreams are coming true
We are already DVC members, and have stayed at several of the DVC resorts. I am interested in what I could see at the Preview Center. Can I look around by myself? Will they assign a sales rep to me? Will they spend less time with me if I come without my DH? (He wouldn't be interested anyway!) Do I need to call ahead? What hours are they open, and is there any other info you can give me? Thanks - Linda

We are already DVC members, and have stayed at several of the DVC resorts. I am interested in what I could see at the Preview Center. Can I look around by myself? Will they assign a sales rep to me? Will they spend less time with me if I come without my DH? (He wouldn't be interested anyway!) Do I need to call ahead? What hours are they open, and is there any other info you can give me? Thanks - Linda

I dropped by Saratoga to check out the Preview Center in November. I didn't call, but I did approach the DVC sales kiosk guy near the entrance to Artist Palette.

He called over and gave my name and told them I wanted to see the GFV models. I told them I did not need to see a guide, as mine wasn't there, but I would call her if I had any needs. (My guide keeps in touch through the usual mass emailings, so I know she is still there.)

He then pointed me in the direction to go and off I went. On arrival, the group in the reception area seemed a little confused with me at first but quickly got it together and arranged for me to go with the next group that would be touring the models. I had to sit and wait in the next room where they have cookies, drinks. While waiting there, someone came along and insisted I move to another room. The wait was minimal - maybe 10-15 minutes total.

That was when I almost missed my tour. I moved to the third area, being the semi obedient person I am. Fortunately the leader of the tour looked around for me. She wondered why I wasn't sitting eating snacks, as that was where she was told to collect me.

Anyway, moving along, in typical DVC fashion, all of this took place very politely and eventually I got to see the gorgeous models.

I particularly wanted to see them because I was able to get some nights there on my next visit. I am really looking forward to staying in the rooms...very, very nice!

You really don't get to wander around. They keep you under surveillance at all times - they just sometimes get confused about where to stash you. ;). Now, I'm sure if I had been ready to sign another contract, I would have been there a lot longer!

The only thing I can add to the above post is that along with VGF models they also have AKV and Aulani models to see.

So you think I should tell someone at a DVC kiosk that I am interested? I don't have plans for my upcoming trip yet, but when I get to WDW I will have a good idea of when I could go.

So you think I should tell someone at a DVC kiosk that I am interested? I don't have plans for my upcoming trip yet, but when I get to WDW I will have a good idea of when I could go.

What is it that you want to see?

:earsboy: Bill

I want to see the models of the resorts that are currently for sale. I don't even know what they are still selling. I dream of adding on points, but don't really see it as more than a dream.....

I want to see the models of the resorts that are currently for sale. I don't even know what they are still selling. I dream of adding on points, but don't really see it as more than a dream.....

All resorts are for sale but Disney has a select few that they are actively pushing for financial reasons and they will direct you to them and may not even tell you that others are available.

The Preview Center isn't real world, the sights, smells, and sounds are created to get you to buy. The rooms are meticulously cleaned and maintained.

IMO you might be better off visiting the actual resorts. I know that BWV, VGF, and I assume AKV has models open at the resorts.

If you are an owner, you already have a Guide assigned to you.

:earsboy: Bill

As far as spending less time with you without DH being there, highly doubt it. My friends and I (all women in our mid to late 20s) stopped by after the 10 miler this October, thinking we'd have a quick tour. We spent over 3 hours at the center getting talked at by a guide. We spent the rest of the day at F&W, trying to squeeze every penny out of our DVC issued gift cards.:drinking1

Of course, that was our Chatty Cathy guide. You may have a totally different experience since you're already an owner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter