Tell me the "weather" where you live.

Denise,

We changed up our over night stop on the way to the Fort Tuesday night to stop in Manchester, TN instead of Clarksville. It looks like we'll have to use the furnace on the way down and both A/Cs when we get there.

j

37 right now. Glad I brought in my HUGE snake plant. In the spring 37 put a hurting on it.

Don has done a great job keeping us updated on the chilly 60 and 70 degree mornings at the Fort. Here is what I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon to join the party at the Fort. And this is at 8am.
20201005_080627_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

Last edited:

It's that time of year when we have big temperature swings. Snow flurries one day and 48 hours later it is in the 80s.

This week is one of those. Upper 30s last night (snow a few hundred miles north). It is going to be in the low 80s on Wednesday. Cold and rainy today. High in the upper 40s.

This morning was a bit of a shock since we just left the Fort 48 hours ago and highs in the 90s.

20201019_084412_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

I guess everybody is settled back in by now. Really glad the weather cooperated while everyone was here. Had some little overnight showers during the meet but nothing crazy.
Monday afternoon we got hit with some really heavy rain, lightening and thunder. Same yesterday. Looks to be the same today.
Looks like we got blessed during everyone's time!
Overcast and breezy with no sun today..

We hit a lovely 82 yesterday. This will probably be the last 80 degree day until May.

Here is the "Weather out my Window" at 0830 this morning. This will be the warmest we get. Cold front is coming through and they said to expect low 40s by this afternoon. Long term forecast has highs in the 50s.

20201023_083145_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

finished up the halloween camping for the season here in Ontario at The Pinery Provincial Park on Sunday..... Friday afternoon was 75 F, Saturday evening for trick or treating was 42 F, and Sunday morning was 31 F.... Can't wait until next year to be FW Halloween Camping in shorts and Tshirts again

We are back into our pattern we had all Spring. 10 degrees (or more) below average and wet. Normal high is 65. Today it is 49. The long term only shows 1 day in 10 above 60. Unfortunately we are paying for the wet weather. We are way over on rainfall this year despite getting a fraction of an inch the entire month of September.

This happened to a neighbors house across the street last night. This is an 1800s house that was just completely renovated. The tree service said due to all the wet weather in the Spring, fungus has been attacking the roots of red and black oaks. It is destroying the base and they just fall over. There is no symptom before they go. This tree had full green leaves and looked completely healthy.

My neighbor and her dogs are fine and everything is insured. It completely buried her Jeep (it has minimal damage) and knocked the windows out of another car parked in the shared drive.

Last night in the rain.

20201027_205156_copy_2016x1134.jpg

20201027_205231_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Today after they got the tree removed.

20201028_133345_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!