Tell me what you like about your travel trailer

melk

DIS Veteran
We're thinking about getting a travel trailer in about a year's time or so. We can't pull anything huge, probably 27 or 28' at the most. What features do you like/dislike about your trailer? We're thinking we'll need the bunks and would like a slide out, just not sure if they have them in that size trailer. Any features you would recommend? Thanks in advance!!:wave:

w have a prowler model 31 g, we have bunks in the back and a queen bed up front and also a slide out - we absolutely love the slide out, it adds a lot of room.
You will be able to find a bunk moel in the length you are looking for.

What type of vehicle do you have to tow this trailer??

Another good source of information will be www.irv2.com , its great that you are planning well in advance, gives you time to do your homework and visit some RV shows:jester: :jester:

When we bought our travel trailer we paid extra and got the bigger refridgerator...we are away from home for 2 1/2 weeks usually on our summer vacation. If you have a large family it provides you with being able to bring frozen home cooked meals..so you can have a vacation too. Another thing we have is a monitor panel..we push a button and that tells us the condition of our gray water, black water, freshwater, and battery levels. This is good especially if you visit sites that do not have full hook ups...happy camping..

When we started looking for a camper, we liked the compact towing size of a pop up, but didn't like all the set up work and they don't have much room on the inside. We found a HiLo and fell in love with it. In the lower position, it is lower than our van easy. Once we get into a campsite, with the touch of a button and about 5 seconds, we have a full size camper. We have a set of bunks as well. The top bunk snaps to the ceiling to keep it out of the way when not in use or when the camper is lowered. I believe their website is hilo.com where you can view their models and see what sizes and features are available.

We just got our Prowler 27 foot slide out last year. This is the best trailer! We just love it! It is light weight with 2 bunks in back and a queen bed up front. The sofa and sink slide out which gives us so much room. We pull ours with a suburban (3/4 ton) and it tows really nicely.:D

We just got some brochures on the Prowler, they look nice! The 27', is that considered a "lite" model? And Scott, we don't know yet what we'll be pulling it with yet. Both our vehicles are paid off and we think we'll trade-in for possibly a Durango, maybe an F-150. It depends, we want to see what's compatible. Thanks for the responses, keep them coming!!:)

Disneycrazymom...I just reread your post and realized it is lightweight. I don't know how big your family is, but am wondering if you think it's big enough for a family of five?

melk,

We have 4 in our family. (DS8,and DD11/2). Both kids do really well in the bunks. In the camper we had before this one DS slept on the sofa and did fine. You could use the sofa for your 5th person. It would mean folding the sofa out each night but that is a very easy task. With the bump out there is plenty of room for 5 inside. We have had 7 in there to eat when it was raining and did fine.

There is a unit, I think it is Trail-Lite that has 3 bunks. My friend has one and likes it. I thought the bunks were pretty close together. Especially as the kids get bigger, but they are very happy with it.

Ours 727X is light weight. I cannot remember the exact number but we also wanted one that was light. We have always went with the rule of thumb that our trailer fully loaded (and I can pack some stuff in there) would only be 3/4 of the weight the truck was supposed to tow. Read the fine print when you are looking at tow vehicels. They only include the weight of the driver in those numbers. It can be hard to come up with a real number on towing capacity, so we didn't want to cut it too close. We are using a 3/4 ton 250 suburban to pull ours and it is working great. Just a hint too don't forget the break-in time on the tow vehicle, we did and picked up our suburban right before a trip to FL, we had to drive 50 mph the entire first day! We thought we would NEVER get there.:D

I bumped "Trailers" for you. It was another discussion about the same thing (along with other things ;)

Hope that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter