"Tell those DIS people..."~DH

Mkrop

I just cant go on demand
This conversation made me laugh this morning...

DH~ Do you communicate with those people on the DIS?

Me~ Um yes, sure why do you have a question to ask?

DH~ Tell them I dont want to carry my phone around on vacation....that is what vaction is all about.

Me~ rolling laughing....um sure dear they didnt already know that, plus this isnt WDW

DH~ Oh but Disney reads those boars I am sure.

So there you go...it made me chuckle...I assured him that MANY of you have stated this as a reason for not being happy at FP+

His final comment before he left...if it aint broke dont fix it!

Me~ this is why we bring DS15!

lol!

I don't know about FP+, but having dh's phone came in handy last year for checking wait times across the park.

Tell your DH that Disney is tuning into the newer generations, where the personal data device is part of the lifestyle, not a burden to be abandoned on any whim...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds exactly like my DH. Every day he asks: "What are your people saying today?" or "What's the buzz on the boards today?"

He used to ask: "What's up with the dork boards today?" but then he realized how much useful information these boards provide for our trips.

He's always telling me to ask the boards something or tell the boards something. :goodvibes It's gotten to the point that he barely trusts what I say unless I tell him the info came from here.

Tell your DH that Disney is tuning into the newer generations, where the personal data device is part of the lifestyle, not a burden to be abandoned on any whim...

No, that's not it..

Disney is doing this to make money Any "lifestyle' decsion is only because "we think there are $$$$ in it" And when you have to spend all your time doing the "my phone says we have two minutes to get to our next regimented stop on Disney's second by second planned vacation" I expect even you may find it a burden LOL!

I carry my phone everywhere and I think FP+ may be the biggest egg Disney ever laid. I can tell you it's costing them my 2014 vacation funds. I am not wasting my time or money until they figure out what they are doing and also don't penalize me for NOT planning every second of my "lifestyle" months in advance. I guess they don't want money from those of us with the "lifestyle" and 'funds' to allow last minute vacations anymore.....:rotfl2:

My husband likes to ask me "So what's going on on the D I S today?" (does this because he knows it drives me crazy when he calls it that).

and now that he turned 50 he is fighting that new generation tooth and nail:rotfl:

He is in sales and is on his phone all day, everyday....it is the one time that he will put it aside, leave it in the room and not check until we get back to the room.

He just made me laugh bc he made it seem like he was the first person to come up with THAT being a con of FP+. Umm no dear there are a million threads about the topic, that has been covered.

We used an ipod touch instead of a phone because we don't have a smart phone, but I get where he's coming from. I didn't want to carry my phone either.

Mkrop I empathize with your DH, especially if he's on the phone for his job all day.
OTOH, if you have a phone you have a camera/video recorder/watch/weather forecast, etc. in your pocket. It's also convenient when families get separated in places like World Of Disney and you can let your group know "I'm standing under a display of 600 Little Mermaids."

With respect to all of the MDE/FP+ stuff, is it going to be required to participate in this? We visit during slower times and we only use a couple of fastpasses per park, our ADRs are all set (and the times are stored on my phone, but could be on a piece of paper). If the whole thing sucks, few will use it and it will have little effect on people who don't use it. If it doesn't suck...well...great! :earsboy:

We used an ipod touch instead of a phone because we don't have a smart phone, but I get where he's coming from. I didn't want to carry my phone either.

Did/does your iPod touch work in the park (she asked from her iPod touch.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter