Tell us about your very first time ?

Tricia's mom

DIS Veteran
@WDW of course. This became alot of fun on the interview section. Let's here about your very first trip.

I was probably 3 years old . WDW was only 4 years old. I went with my Mom and Grandmother. We stayed at a red carpet. I remember being so excitied about the characters.
One being Orange Bird ?? and the Castle I remember the Castle. :lovestruc

And You ??

Glad you started this thread, we will have lots of fun here.:thumbsup2

I never been to Disney as a child and I had a common idea that Disney is just for kids. I waited till my DD was 11 almost 12 till our first trip, partially because I could not afford it and partially because I wanted her to remember the trip as I thought it will be only one trip, sort of what every child should experience once.;)
So I got travel agent who put together a 5 nights trip at Raddisson Resort Parkway. It was our first just a 2 of us trip, so I was nervous about everything, missing bus, flight and so on. Little I new, I had to be nervous because it was Spring Break and we did not prepare, but we all do mistakes.
We checked in at 4PM although we were there earlier but they did not let us check in(talking about difference between on and off sites). As a result we missed the last shuttle and were told there is a city bus stop on a highway. As we were looking for the stop, a Disney bus passed and stop to pick us up, so kind, our first Disney magic experience. The driver was so kind and nice person, he was off the property comming back and he did not have to stop but he did. He did not take a tip I wanted to give him, just wished us to have fun. Sweet, sweet person.
Our first park was DHS, MGM back then. I was not impressed, infact as I was walking the only thought I had was, Disney is so overrated. I know many people love this park, but it does nothing to us. We watched indiana Johns show, and watched Fantasmic. Liked it but it was so crowded, we could hardly see anything.
Next day it was MK. We simply wowed all the time and I knew Disney is not overrated, it is the greatest place ever. We fell in love. Only rides we did were POTC, HM, 3D show and I guess nothing else. Watched Spectro and Wishes.
Next was Epcot, and we rode MS and spend the rest of the day on a trip around the World. We watched shows, wondered stores and watched Illuminations that made me cry.
Fourth day we split between MK and Illuminations, we found our favorite parks.
We never went to AK, as I thought it was a zoo, we did Universal instead.
As you can see, without a plan and during Spring break we hardly did anything, yet I consider it the best trip ever. It was a trip of first wows.
We spend lots of time watching buildings in MK and paying attention to every detail. We took tons of pictures, not all turned to be good however.
I do not know what they put in water;) but we fell in love with Disney so much, we had to come back 3 months later with my parents. My mom fell in love too but dad never converted. We try to do Disney every year since then.:)
Sorry for making you read so much, but I really wanted to share.;)

I Liked the long story. Thanks for jumping onboard. You silly going during spring break.:laughing::rotfl2:

Who's next ??

Our first trip was May 1992. The kids were 5, 7, and 9. There was no internet threads or other info I could find, so we just drove down, staying in Mobile the first night.
I thought driving along the Florida coast would be fun, but it was rather boring. A young girl had been kidnapped and there were roadblocks everywhere. BTW we followed her story and she was rescued.
As we neared Kissimmee, we had a contest to see who could see Spaceship Earth first (I told you we were rookies). We stayed off-site a newly remodeled Motel 6 and it was nice.
When I look back now, I realize that we did a lot of wandering, but we saw everything and had a great time. We were there from rope drop until we would stagger from the park. I can remember we went to the MK every morning to ride Space Mountain. BTM was also fun, but Splash was in the testing phase, just running empty logs. I was fascinated with Dreamflight and we all thought Small World was great as a rest stop!
Scan3244.jpg

Our two youngest thought everything was real and I enjoy their yelling and screaming while watching the old videotapes.

This trip made a WDW fan out of me and the kids, but our next trip (1995) convinced my wife never to return. The kids and I have made numerous trips since then, and I have new granddaughter I can't wait to take.

Our first trip was May 1992. The kids were 5, 7, and 9. There was no internet threads or other info I could find, so we just drove down, staying in Mobile the first night.
I thought driving along the Florida coast would be fun, but it was rather boring. A young girl had been kidnapped and there were roadblocks everywhere. BTW we followed her story and she was rescued.
As we neared Kissimmee, we had a contest to see who could see Spaceship Earth first (I told you we were rookies). We stayed off-site a newly remodeled Motel 6 and it was nice.
When I look back now, I realize that we did a lot of wandering, but we saw everything and had a great time. We were there from rope drop until we would stagger from the park. I can remember we went to the MK every morning to ride Space Mountain. BTM was also fun, but Splash was in the testing phase, just running empty logs. I was fascinated with Dreamflight and we all thought Small World was great as a rest stop!
Scan3244.jpg

Our two youngest thought everything was real and I enjoy their yelling and screaming while watching the old videotapes.

This trip made a WDW fan out of me and the kids, but our next trip (1995) convinced my wife never to return. The kids and I have made numerous trips since then, and I have new granddaughter I can't wait to take.

Yea ! Loved your story. and the pics of the kids.

I *THINK* I was around 4 at the time. It was 1974 or 75.
Anyway, me, my mom, my sister (who was 10 at the time), and my grandparents went.
My sister had leukemia. She was diagnosed with it at the age of 4..Sadly, I don't remember much about her but I do remember how much she loved Mickey Mouse and how she sooo wanted to go to Disney World to see him. My mom couldn't really afford it but her parents took us and paid for it, in fact they paid for the whole trip: food, hotel, tickets, etc.

I remember bits and pieces of the ride down, but not much else. I do vividly remember the parade they had at the MK at the time. Mickey was on top of one of the floats and when my sister caught sight of him she couldn't contain herself any longer and before my mom could blink my sis had rushed out into the ''street'' screaming ''mickey, mickey''..he looked at her and gave a big wave and she squealed and waved back. She was 10 at the time, but all the chemo treatments she had received had reduced her mind to a 5 year old and she had the innocence of a 5 year old, hence the running out to meet mickey past the safety ropes..

My mom bought her a mickey doll while we were there and she carried that thing with her every where she went after that, even to St. jude's, where she was getting her weekly treatments.
She passed away 4 years later. I guess that's where my love for Disney comes from.

I *THINK* I was around 4 at the time. It was 1974 or 75.
Anyway, me, my mom, my sister (who was 10 at the time), and my grandparents went.
My sister had leukemia. She was diagnosed with it at the age of 4..Sadly, I don't remember much about her but I do remember how much she loved Mickey Mouse and how she sooo wanted to go to Disney World to see him. My mom couldn't really afford it but her parents took us and paid for it, in fact they paid for the whole trip: food, hotel, tickets, etc.

I remember bits and pieces of the ride down, but not much else. I do vividly remember the parade they had at the MK at the time. Mickey was on top of one of the floats and when my sister caught sight of him she couldn't contain herself any longer and before my mom could blink my sis had rushed out into the ''street'' screaming ''mickey, mickey''..he looked at her and gave a big wave and she squealed and waved back. She was 10 at the time, but all the chemo treatments she had received had reduced her mind to a 5 year old and she had the innocence of a 5 year old, hence the running out to meet mickey past the safety ropes..

My mom bought her a mickey doll while we were there and she carried that thing with her every where she went after that, even to St. jude's, where she was getting her weekly treatments.
She passed away 4 years later. I guess that's where my love for Disney comes from.

Oh jeez, now I am crying....That is such a touching story

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter