Tenneesee DVC group

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
I see all these other threads for DVC owners from various states/areas. Any other folks from Tennessee?
We're originally from Louisiana, but have lived in middle TN for about 12 years now. Franklin area.
we originally bought 350 points, resale, at BWV, in 2011. Lots and lots of research in the years prior, and almost bought at SSR when it opened, but had to wait awhile, and by then, started finding great resale options .
We try to do a 'year of Disney, ' every other year, get APs, and drive down/back at least twice during that year (and then we'll take a break and do something like Universal, or have enjoyed a couple years now at Dollywood, great park,)
We have a middle schooler and high schooler now. They've somewhat outgrown some of the Disney things, want to try new places, and more thrilling rides, but we still love our Disney trips.
So any other TN owners???? where are y'all? where do you own DVC? do y'all drive/fly?

Last edited:
I was wondering where the TN thread was. Live in Memphis, currently waiting for our first contract to get through ROFR, 160 points AKV. We have rented points a couple times and really enjoyed DVC.

I was wondering where the TN thread was. Live in Memphis, currently waiting for our first contract to get through ROFR, 160 points AKV. We have rented points a couple times and really enjoyed DVC.

Good luck w ROFR!. we love staying at AKV!

We're in Nashville. We have 220 points at AKV Kidani. Just my husband and I. Also fortunate to have lots of SWA points and a companion pass. We do a couple of 4 day trips every year, and have also been to Aulani. Heading out Wednesday before AP expires. We've really enjoyed DVC.

220 AKV Kidani here. We're in Thompson's Station. We definitely fly, especially now that our kids are in college. We've driven it enough times to not want to do that ever again. We're heading back Thanksgiving week to use up leftover tickets. We were there when they shut everything down in March, only got to use 2 days of 7 day tickets...

We've been DVC since 2011 via resale. I love that Allegiant, Frontier, Spirit, and SW now make a quick weekend trip super easy and inexpensive. Love our Owner's Locker to store the rum and the toothpaste. LOL. We will be heading out for the first of our Disney year trips in a few weeks (hoping they start selling AP soon!!!!) if tickets stop being an issue.

We live in Murfreesboro. We bought into Beach Club in 2002 and later added on at Hilton Head. We have 3 kids, 2 married and one in college. We are planning a family trip over New Years, staying in a grand villa for the first time. My husband and I enjoy short trips to Disney, especially now that the kids are grown. We went in June when resorts first opened and parks were still closed. We also went for a week in September. And we are going in December for a long weekend to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. Due to the borrowing restrictions we will be staying at Coronado Springs Destino Tower in December. We always fly nonstop to Disney on Southwest from Nashville.

220 AKV Kidani here. We're in Thompson's Station. We definitely fly, especially now that our kids are in college. We've driven it enough times to not want to do that ever again. We're heading back Thanksgiving week to use up leftover tickets. We were there when they shut everything down in March, only got to use 2 days of 7 day tickets...

We're going at Thanksgiving too! We're right near Thompson's Station, but we're still technically Franklin. Close to Indy. One of these days we'll try flying. Just did our 12 hour drive in Oct, and doing it again in Nov....always a bit of dread with that. Glad y'all get to go and use up the tickets!

Last edited:
We live just outside of Memphis. Own at AKV. We’re a family of six do deciding to drive vs fly depends on what SW costs and any time constraints other than The kids school. While we hate the drive it’s much shorter than the one we use to make from the Spokane WA (region) to Anaheim, CA. We would do that drive 1-3x a year.

We usually visit Disney during fall and spring breaks, and every other year at Christmas. This last summer the kids and I spent three weeks at Disney when they reopened. The low crowds were amazing! Although working remote helped facilitate doing so. Nothing like pool time on a hot day.

We live in Nashville. Young family (kids are 7 and 1). Just bought a 100pt contract at Riviera a few months ago. We have our Welcome Home visit scheduled in October. We have only been to WDW once while living in Nashville (2019) and we went once while living in California (2018). We flew both times. I think we'll probably fly for all visits, especially if Southwest maintains a direct to MCO. It was amazing to depart BNA at 9AM and arrive at Magic Kingdom by lunch when we did that in 2019.

We live in Lynchburg and have 75 points at the Poly and 50 at Beach Club. Bought fewer points for my husband and I to take short trips or the kids to use if we don't. Depending on the specific trip we might fly or drive either one. Our college age son just bought 50 points at Grand Floridian.

I am resurrecting this thread because I saw some other states pop up and searched for a Tennessee one. I am wondering if there are more TN DVC folks out there since this thread was last active? We are new owners at Riviera and excited about our welcome home trip next March!

We are in Northeast Tennessee and took allegiant for our last trip. We are debating if we should drive or fly the next time. It’s about 10 hrs for us. How about y’all?

Tazewell, TN here. Riviera owners also. I think driving has good and bad points. It is 10 or so hours for us also. Without ME, Allegiant is looking more attractive. We are not flying until mask mandates are gone tho. GO VOLS!!!

Tazewell, TN here. Riviera owners also. I think driving has good and bad points. It is 10 or so hours for us also. Without ME, Allegiant is looking more attractive. We are not flying until mask mandates are gone tho. GO VOLS!!!
🙌🏼🙌🏼Yes!! GO VOLS!!! 🧡🤍

We purchased our property in Hawkins County last year right before the real estate boom. We are planning to build once my husband retires from the military in a couple years, so we aren’t quite there yet. We have 50 points direct at SSR and it currently takes us 10 hours to drive or 2 hours to a direct flight airport. Looking forward to being close to TriCities and Knoxville with better flight options

Mount Juliet for us. We drove and will drive only for at least the next few years. 3 girls (7 2 1 currently) and the drive wasn’t too bad. Right at 10 from here but closer to 12 with stops. Did the same thing we do going to destin, leave at 3am so kids sleep half the way and there’s no traffic much.

We didn’t plan to do this on our first trip (just went last month for spring break) but left later in the day on the return so decided to get a hotel on the way back in Warner Robins to split it up. Will plan to do that going forward. Down in one shot was easy but traffic was horrible getting out of Florida.

Other thing we will do is stop for breakfast in Byron ga. Their is a Burger King with a really great play area outside. Let kids get some energy out on it, seemed to help some too.

We purchased our property in Hawkins County last year right before the real estate boom. We are planning to build once my husband retires from the military in a couple years, so we aren’t quite there yet. We have 50 points direct at SSR and it currently takes us 10 hours to drive or 2 hours to a direct flight airport. Looking forward to being close to TriCities and Knoxville with better flight options
We are in Claiborne County. Very few direct options at either airport. Allegiant to Sanford mostly, Frontier to MCO seasonally. American and Delta are one stops. We prefer Tricities Airport, but McGhee Tyson is a great airport also. 10-12 hour drive from here depending on stops and traffic.

Last edited:
I live in Hohenwald. After many Disney trips as my kids grew up, I finally bought into BRV last summer. Went for our first trip as owners in November and then went back in March this year. Heading back to the Poly in May and have OKW booked for October. I fly Southwest from Nashville to my favorite place!!

We live in W. Knoxville. Bought at OKW in 1995, plus couple of resales, bought HH in 2002, and then CC in 2018 and a resale. Our boys were young when we originally purchased
points and have had many fun and memorable trips with family and friends. Now that our sons are married there are enough points to share for their own trips. Our favorite family trips have been Grand Villa at Aulani, and grand villa at Vero Beach. Husband and I are retired so when the weather is ugh in Jan or Feb we head to DVC. During Covid I tackled added sons to all our contracts. Thanks to the great instructions on this board was able to do for just recording fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter