Tenneesee DVC group

So glad this thread got revived! Nice to see all the TN owners. I'll be driving down from Franklin in June for DD's graduation trip. Looking very forward to a getaway. Might take a different route than usual, down 65 through AL, instead of GA. I'm driving, and not sure I want to fight the traffic in Chattanooga and Atlanta. Just did 2 fairly recent drives that way to Universal, and actually lucked out through there. And got to stop at the 2 buccees in GA.

I just found this thread and it's nice seeing all the Tennessee owners, I'm in Grainger county. Also for everyone in Tennessee that only option is pretty much only allegiant, they almost always have $20 or $25 off per flight segment. I usually book two one way flights so I get the discount on each part of flight. I'm going down for the cosmic rewind preview and my return flight was $7.50 after using $25 off code lol.

I usually book two one way flights so I get the discount on each part of flight. I'm going down for the cosmic rewind preview and my return flight was $7.50 after using $25 off code lol.

Wow, that’s an awesome deal! I’ll have to remember that tip. Have fun at the preview!!

We've taken 2 more trips since last posting: Last October to Boardwalk (home) , and 1 night Universal/HHN (Sapphire Falls)
and this past June: Seaworld, Universal, (Aventura/Royal Pacific) then AKL Kidani/ BWV split, (that was WAY too much moving around-wont' do that again.)
Had pretty good drives, except for one time hitting heavy Atlanta traffic, ( we LOVE their HOV lanes, and express lanes now) Great stays all around.
So glad to see more DVCers from Tennessee! On the way to work the other day, I was behind a car with a DVC magnet. I always wish I could jump out and talk to folks when I see a car with a DVC magnet/sticker. ha

I never updated my original post, but our Welcome Home trip was amazing. I loved our stay at the Riviera. This trip was October 2021 and we ended up driving. We split the drive over two days so that we could arrive at the resort just after lunchtime. I didn't like the idea of driving the entire day and rolling in late at night, just to waste points to sleep. Our October 2022 trip was good, Riviera again, except we flew SW direct from BNA to MCO. It was our youngest's first flight and it went well. For our trip this year, we are planning on a split stay at Riviera and Polynesian. We are also flying SW again. It seems like SW is running multiple direct flights from BNA to MCO daily (at least on Saturdays, which is when we have opted to fly).

I never updated my original post, but our Welcome Home trip was amazing. I loved our stay at the Riviera. This trip was October 2021 and we ended up driving. We split the drive over two days so that we could arrive at the resort just after lunchtime. I didn't like the idea of driving the entire day and rolling in late at night, just to waste points to sleep. Our October 2022 trip was good, Riviera again, except we flew SW direct from BNA to MCO. It was our youngest's first flight and it went well. For our trip this year, we are planning on a split stay at Riviera and Polynesian. We are also flying SW again. It seems like SW is running multiple direct flights from BNA to MCO daily (at least on Saturdays, which is when we have opted to fly).
I miss the days of flying. Wife keeps popping out all these kids and all I can think is there's another 300 dollar plane ticket...minivan two life it is for us until we can send them off to college! Looking forward to our first trip as DVC members very soon!

I miss the days of flying. Wife keeps popping out all these kids and all I can think is there's another 300 dollar plane ticket...minivan two life it is for us until we can send them off to college! Looking forward to our first trip as DVC members very soon!
The drive is really not that bad at least from the Nashville area. We do Sunday to Saturday, so leave at 3am Sunday, hit the BK in Byron GA around 8am for breakfast and let the kids run around on their pretty big outdoor play area provided the weather is nice. Finish the drive with another stop for lunch along the way and hit the resort around 3-4pm. That first 5 hours is a breeze since everyone is sleeping lol.

On the way back we split it up, have stayed the night in warner robbins that last two times, has decent hotels that are affordable.

We might fly once the younger two (2 and 3 now) get older, but I also like having a car if needed.

I usually drive straight through so the kids don’t nag and fight while I’m trying to drive but we did stop this last time about 4 hours outside of orlando and it was nice being able to go to the park on day one all refreshed.

Another member from Memphis here. Bought in to DVC a little over 29 years ago when OKW was the only DVC resort
(yeah, I'm old LOL). Don"t take as many trips down there anymore; in fact, I'm going in October for the first time since 2019. I always fly and I have done many solo trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter