Tessa and Steve's DTW and WDWH PJ

Just wanted to let you know Alalrose.. that I found those glass slippers that you had pictured on page one. Don't know if you have Ross Stores where you live, but my mom and I found them for 4 dollars! If you can check it out.. it was the cheapest we found anything...Good Luck.. everything is looking great!

THANK YOU Jesse! I am was looking for these for $20 with shipping on ebay! I will check that out. I hope we have one around here!

Jenni, thank you :) I am just no good at waiting lol. You're 3 and a half months away! WHOHOO! I bet your excited! :hyper:

Keira, yeah, Steve just started working there so he gets crappy hours. I know within a few years that should change. Being home by 4:00 sounds amazing! :banana:

I never got the waiting or patience genes. And I missed those days in school!

I'm excited now that the invites went out, and people are receiving them. I've had several people come up to me and talk about them, and that has made it real for me. I try not to think about it.

People have told me that brides have a tendency to want to rush the time prior to the wedding, but this is supposed to be the best time of your life. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be enjoying exactly... :lmao: It's not as if planning (though it can be fun) is the best way I could be spending my time. There are rarely perks to being engaged when you're at home. Maybe I'm missing out on something.

But I do want it now now now! :rotfl:

LOL, I must have missed those days of school too lol

I've got to say I love being the engaged part...espcially at first. I LOVED calling people and telling them. :yay: I am also really enjoying the planning and dreaming. Time is moving sooo slow though! I think I do rush stuff a bit. I booked my reception hall within 5 hours of being engaged (we went out to dinner with my parents at that place though lol).

Ha ha! We did something very similar. We had so many things booked within days of the engagement. People kept saying to me, Boy, you've had all this planned long before! I didn't... it's just there's very little to choose from in New Hampshire, so it was easy! :rotfl:

You'll find a lot of time will pass just reading these posts! ;)

OT:

I wanted to share some pictures with you. I have mentioned a few times that I lost 70 pounds so far. I wanted to post some pictures of the before and after.

The first picture is of me in highschool when I weighed 220lbs.

This first one is of me when I was in late highschool. I think I had already lost some weight already (maybe 7 or 8 pounds). The second picture is of me at my sister's wedding and I was down maybe 50lbs. The third one is of me...in my wedding dress. Yeah, I know I posted this picture already, but I love it and it is the most updated :) I am actually now about 10 lbs lighter than the picture. Looking at these pictures make me feel so good :)

6-4-2008103133AM.jpg

6-4-2008103618AM.jpg

11.jpg

What a transformation! On a woman, even ten pounds is a lot, so seventy is just amazing!

I'm a yo-yo, so I go up and down. I was up to 200lbs at one point, until I got my tonsils out (now that's a diet). You never really notice all that weight gone until you see the pictures.

You look great at any weight, though. Congratulations on all the hard work!! :hug:

Congratulations on finding your perfect man! Your wedding reception sounds like it will be so much fun and the colors look great. You really do look beautiful at any weight, but I hope that you reach your goal.

I clicked on this because it says Tessa, which is my daughter's name. :)

Invitations
Guess what? Guess what?

I bought INVITATIONS! Yup! LOL, I don't even think this invitation was one of my previous options, but it was close. I loved it and the price was right... :cool1:

Here it is!
WKF10781_301lr.jpg

Funny story about buying the invitations...almost a disaster! So, I was pretty nervous and a bit nutty while getting the information written up and organized online. I was driving my mom and my Fiancé' a little nuts. We finally got it right now, I had Steve look through it one more time, and we hit 'Submit Payment!'

Right after that we went uptown to go visit a friend...I apologized for getting a bit worked up during the invitation process. "Sorry babe, but this just seems like such a huge and official thing, and I've heard so many horror stories about something being wrong on the invitation like places or parents' names." Here I laughed. "Now, your mom's name is spelled capital 'L u a n n,' right?' Steve was like "Yup, but the 'A' is also a capital." :scared1: OMG, I almost drove off the road. I think this was the first time I have semi-yelled at him and swore (not necessary swearing at him…) :furious: but crap, WE just spent $400 on invitations and my future mother-in-law's name is spelled wrong! LUCKILY though, we turned around and drove back home and called the company. They fixed it! WHEW! :eek:

So, the wedding is still on... lol. No really, that is WHY I had him look through the invitation before we hit submit. I just couldn't believe he missed that. Ug, men! It is all ok now though.

Wedding dress accessories
So, I had some successful shopping this past weekend. I am going to post another picture of my dress so you get the entire picture.

11.jpg

Shoes
This weekend I also bought one potential pair of shoes for the wedding. Yeah, these will be the shoes for the ceremony AND reception…I am NOT wearing anything with heals at any time! LOL. I am horrible in heals. They aren’t going to be seeing much of my feet anyway.

IMG_0545.jpg

img_0543.jpg

Jewelry

Ok…now I know I am kind of cheating, but this is a set that I bought about a year ago for a wedding (very impulsive buy...was kind of talked into it by the store lady). I HAVE only worn it once though. I have been looking for jewelry, and wasn’t sure how I was going to afford something much more than $40. This set was at least $60. It just kind of jumped up at me when I was thinking wedding, and I am now thinking I really want to wear this on my wedding day. What do you gals think? I know it doesn’t have any of my colors, but the colors are muted enough. It is so beautiful though. I don’t know when I am ever going to be able to wear it again anyway.

img_0535.jpg

img_0536.jpg

img_0539.jpg

What a transformation! On a woman, even ten pounds is a lot, so seventy is just amazing!

I'm a yo-yo, so I go up and down. I was up to 200lbs at one point, until I got my tonsils out (now that's a diet). You never really notice all that weight gone until you see the pictures.

You look great at any weight, though. Congratulations on all the hard work!! :hug:

Thank you very much! So, the Getting your Tonsils Out diet? Wow...I don't feel like trying that...yuck! I hope you start feeling better soon! It is so true...pictures is where you can really tell how much of a difference those 5 or 10 pounds minus or plus make.

Congratulations on finding your perfect man! Your wedding reception sounds like it will be so much fun and the colors look great. You really do look beautiful at any weight, but I hope that you reach your goal.

I clicked on this because it says Tessa, which is my daughter's name. :)

LOL, well there are a few Tessa's out there now. Not too many when I was little, but I've noticed quite a few little Tessas when I'm around the Elementary schools (substitute teacher). Thanks. I did find my perfect man. :)

Looks like you have found your prince charming!!!! :love: :love: :love:

So.. how's the planning going???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter