The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

Asleep again :lmao:
have a drink.

Yum, I remember that being a particularly good one, with the most fabulous ice!

They caught the tail end of the show.

Yup, it was good, I can't remember right now if we made it back another night, I suspect not as I think we were only there 3 nights...

Let's hope it eventually ends. Trump either dies of gets voted out of office

What she said, what she said.

rented an apartment as a "crash pad" so he didn't have to drive home from Long Beach every night.

bummer, sounds like an easy tenant too.

I have never seen them go on sale up here. Never.

Check after holidays- I usually pick up a couple of turkeys at that time.

Waiting to tell him that there's no passport 2 days before the trip. Either was trying to sabotage it, or just clueless about travel.

We will never know...I'd like to hope she was just "sure she knew where it was" - this added to the point of why we keep everything important...

Check after holidays- I usually pick up a couple of turkeys at that time.
Turkeys? Sure, I get that. But prime rib? That I've never seen go on sale.
We will never know...I'd like to hope she was just "sure she knew where it was" - this added to the point of why we keep everything important...
No, you're right. We won't know. But... just... I haven't used mine or the DDs passports in a while. But I know exactly where they are.

Sorry for being absent for such a long time. I have been reading along, but didn't feel up to anything else.
Comment on the last update: Sounds like a great day, despite the passport troubles! What a shame about WoC - that was such a treat when we saw it.

I can understand being blah. With the way the world is today its understandable.

What a series of headaches for your poor friends!!! Glad they were all able to meet up with you in the end, and didn't even miss out on lunch :)

It all worked out in the end. Thank goodness.

Though I don't really care for cake, I always love checking out what Disney bakers can do with cupcakes, etc. That little Christmas cake is just as cute as could be!

I miss Disney sweet treats. I just don't measure up to what their bakers can do.

Time to buy another house!

:duck:

With what? :laughing: I can't even pay off all the credit cards in full! :eek:

I have never seen them go on sale up here. Never.

Huh. That's odd. Stuff goes on sale here often. Drumsticks and Thighs are $.99 lb and Rib Eyes are $6.99.

Odd... Then again, I am not on there very much at all. I look at one or two posts that are at the top of the feed and that's about it. I comment even less.

I rarely post, but I put up a rather silly one yesterday. Just goes to show I'm really bored with this stay at home thing.

Except... neither of the DDs would eat it. I hate cooking two separate meals... which I already do more often that not as Elle is pescatarian.

I hate doing that too, but I have done that a few times for Fran and myself, but rarely.

Hmmm.... maybe.... We'll see.
Roast at 350?

I do it at 325.....

Waiting to tell him that there's no passport 2 days before the trip. Either was trying to sabotage it, or just clueless about travel.

Not knowing the other party, I can't comment.

Probably misses me too much to talk about it, poor thing.

I thought you called it off after that Small World fiasco.

It is what it is.

:rolleyes1

Hope you can get it rented soon. Good luck with it.

He moved out today and has a maid coming in the next day or two, so at least I get two weeks head start on renting it out.

Man that was a heck of a lesson for Maria on so so so so so many levels- main one being resiliency, and never giving up...

I can imagine.....good that it came out OK, I hate the lessons you learn when everything doesn't come out.

They actually had to drive in to downtown Vancouver to get the passport done there now, as that office had the only printer that had come up...so we went from Surrey, to Richmond where the airport is, dropped me off, then in to Vancouver...thankfully the people at the Surrey office had called down and let them know that D & M were on their way-

I'm familiar with the distances, that is out of the way.

I gotta say that all parties did want to see this girl get to Disneyland...it did cost us a second application fee and rush fee..I'm not going to go in to how much that annoyed me also.

I didn't think about that aspect of the trip. Of course you were talking to folks in the office, and telling them where you were going. That would definitely get folks on board!

Bless her heart man...after all the crazy craziness, he was so thrilled to talk her ear off

I'm guessing you're saying that sincerely and not they way they mean it in the South. You don't want to hear a Southern Gal say, "Oh, Bless her heart...." :lmao:

They moved them on to a brand new reservation turns out...so he was trying to check in under the old reservation info and of course that didn't work. A supervisor found them right away thankfully.

That's good!

Some...funny how we both didn't take that many photos..just really did enjoy the day after all the stress.

That had been a really busy time for me, so it was nice to slow down and take it easy that day.

Actually I think almost dropped it when I distracted you by yelling at you to look at me as I was taking your pic :lmao:

Happens all the time at Disney! :laughing:

I did warn you that they were insanely hard to get out of LOL

Yes, you did! :rotfl2:

Ella looks like exactly how she describes the trip- "oh wow" "oh Disneyland is so amazing"
Not sure what I'm doing...

I can't tell about me either. I think I didn't hit my pose on time.

I can't remember honestly what else we did...we may have done Star Tours, but even that I'm not sure about...

I'm not sure we did that one....we would have gone in a funny entrance if we did, and I don't remember that.

This was def one of my best character experiences, best princess one for sure!
Ella was so skeptical/didn't understand Disneyland at all really, and these sort of experiences really made her trip!

This was the best Princess experience I've had, but I've had some even more fun ones on the cruise lines.

I think Ella did tell her about the sports she played, including swim team, which Ariel loved of course!

I remember her really embarassing Ella

I enjoy it, but I do miss the honour system cuddle seats 😀

Those were....interesting if you were riding with someone you didn't know all that well.....

Apparently they had changed the reservation back to my maiden name when they added my points number or something...of course part of the journey couldn't be smooth...

Of course not.

I hope you enjoy it, but not too too much as who knows when I will actually be able to bring you more :(

I wish that Fran would be more interested in drinking it. I hate to open the bottle all alone.

This chicken was just spot on too, nice and crispy...mmm now I really want fried chicken and I don't think there's anywhere here to get it

Really? :confused3 We have so many places that you can get good fried chicken. Even the grocery stores make a decent one. We'll just get a couple chicken thighs for an afternoon snack when we're out running around.

Chocolate and mint are one of my fav flavours, I'm pretty sure I polished this bad boy off when everyone was full :sorrynotsorry:

Yes, you did, and I'm glad you didn't let it go to waste!

HUGE indeed, huge indeed...I will have to see if I can figure out a way to send you a cameo I got him for our anniversary, done by one of the actors who is in Mandelorian, and who is the main C3P0 with Anthony Daniels starting to pull back in the role.

A cameo? Not sure what that is.....

I didn't really either, I do have lots from the next day when we went back, but we mainly just enjoyed this visit

When they reopen, and I mean when, I will take so many pictures on my next visit.

I wish I'd been able to get a photo of the sheer joy on this man's face when he sat down to fly the Falcon...but those of you who have experienced the ride know the urgency the CM's have in getting you in and buckled up...

They are on a really tight schedule. I'm not sure if it was with you or a different party where I had it explained to me how the ride works/moves and loads and unloads and why there are extensions, and additional scenes that you can experience if they need to extend the timing.

My main thing about the Falcon is that the gunner position should have sweet swiveling chair that Luke fires in...

That would be....AWESOME!

Thinking back, before lunch I think I also may have dragged you on IASW Holiday, and I think we did PP

Maybe PP, but I don't think we did IASW. I know that I did it in November and I think I would have objected on the grounds that I had done my duty for the year. :laughing:

Asleep again :lmao:

A day at Disney is tiring!

Yum, I remember that being a particularly good one, with the most fabulous ice!

I love that ice! I need to make more cocktails at home!

Yup, it was good, I can't remember right now if we made it back another night, I suspect not as I think we were only there 3 nights...

I would imagine not, but I'm not sure what you did Saturday night.

What she said, what she said.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

bummer, sounds like an easy tenant too.

He was, paid his rent electronically, was barely there. At least he didn't trash the place, and he's having a maid come in tomorrow or the next day, and then he'll be out for good. Gives me an extra two weeks of time to try and rent it out.

After a fun day at the park, the next day I had my long awaited tub repair scheduled. Those of you who have followed along on my various TRs might remember, back in July of 2019 the faucet of my walk-in tub sprung a leak. My regular plumber took a look at it and couldn’t figure it out. All he could do was turn off the cold water at the tub’s plumbing inside the frame. Since you can’t take a bath with only 120 degree water, it became unusable.

The installer of the tub initially didn’t want to take any responsibility since it had been five years since it was put in. However, at some point they had a change of heart and decided that they would do it as a warranty call.

The first guys that they sent out in August were pretty knowledgeable. They suggested that they cut a hole in the wall where the valves for the tub are located. See on the left side of the tub.

The tub installers put in that wall when the tub was put in, and actually it would have been a prudent move on their part to do this when it was installed, but alas no one thought of it at the time.

So this first team took some pictures, made some notes on their iPad and said they would contact me after they talked to their supervisor.

Later in the month of August, another guy came out to take a look. He thought that all that panel installation stuff was overkill and he could do it just fine as it was. But they had sent him with the wrong part, so he just left.

During the month of September I had numerous conversations with the dispatch guy. He was looking for the right part, and keeping me in the loop, and called me nearly every week to let me know. Towards the end of the month, he called with success and offered to send someone out on October 4, the day before our Fall trip to WDW and our annual band conference.

I knew that wouldn't work, and decided to set it up for two days after we got back. If you read that TR, you'll know that our plane from Orlando was defective and so they put us up in a hotel for the night and we didn’t come home until the following day, which ended up being a crazy one. So I didn't care when they called me that day after the trip to say that the part they had received was broken and they wouldn't be coming out to fix the tub after all.

Next time they came out was October 29th. I think this was the time a guy with brains showed up. I don't remember if he had the right part or not, but he again suggested the whole "cut the wall open" approach, and said he would come back.

Are you sick of this story yet? If so you might understand that even though I had friends out at Disney, I really really really wanted to get this tub nightmare fixed! They scheduled me in for a 1PM to 4PM time slot. I wasn't very happy about such a late time. I had a 6PM dinner reservation that I certainly did not want to miss!

The guy actually arrived about 10 minutes early. According to my text messages, he would take an hour at best, 2 ½ hours at worst. It must have taken him two hours because we weren't getting changed for dinner until 3:30 and we made it out the door just before 4:30. I was entering the park at 5:17 and Fran stopped at WoD to get a throw blanket since she forgot one. We would be seeing F! after dinner and she always gets cold.

Soon we met back up with Allyson and Dorian, they had the girls with them, but our table was ready so quickly that they didn't get to enjoy much of the atmosphere. Besides they were probably itching to go on rides anyways.

We were seated at our table and perused the menu. This was a brand new menu starting tonight for the holiday season.

Once we ordered we were served an Amuse Bouche. It was Pumpkin hummus with Tzatziki and crispy garbanzo beans, the same thing that we had been served on our visit the month before.

Evidently throughout the evening, Dorian and I ordered similarly and Fran and Allyson were sympatico

For our first courses, Dorian and I ordered the Cedar Grilled Duck Breast, Parsnip Puree, Persimmon Relish, Black Bread Crouton. It was OK, but I didn’t want to take up too much room with it, so ate about half of it and gave the rest to Fran.

Fran got the Gilled Salmon, Corn Oven Pancake, Créme Fraiche

Allyson got the Sweet Potato Croquettes, Quince, Hazelnut, California Chili Romesco, you can ask her how it was….

For the second course I got the “Not so Classical” Five Onion Soup, Gruyére Cheese, Oxtail, Thyme from the Second Course menu. This was very good although obviously not your traditional onion soup. I think everyone ordered this one, cause I don’t have any pictures of the Radicchio Salad

For our third course, I got the Orecchiette Pasta, Fennel Sausage, Roasted Broccoli, Ricotta Salata. This was very tasty!

Allyson got the Catch of the Day, Cauliflower Velvet, Salmon Caviar.

Fran got the Pheasant Rarebit, Forest Mushrooms, Merlot Jus

We were served a palate cleanser of Spiced Apple Sorbet with mint

Then it was time for the Main Course. I had the Bacon Crusted Filet Mignon, Harvest Onions, Hasselback Potatoes, it was quite tasty!

Fran had the Beef Short Rib, Roasted Root Vegetables, Cranberry, Garnet Yam Velvet

Everything was very yummy and (I think) Fran finished off hers and mine so we didn’t have to take anything home.

For dessert I ordered the Valrhona Chocolate “Cannoli”, Mint Cream Cheese Mousse, Peppermint. This was absolutely amazing! That block of chocolate was was like a combination of a mousse and a solid. Thicker than a mousse or pudding, but not solid like chocolate. You might call it a chocolate pate. That works! The pepperminty part was so yummy!

Fran got the Eggnog Cheesecake, Graham Cracker Crust, Cranberry Compote. She liked this a whole lot!

With everyone pleased with their dessert choices (especially Fran) and stuffed from the meal, we headed outside to watch the first showing of F! I don’t have any pictures, and I stole this one from Allyson, but it was a great show as always!

It had been a while since dinner when we were on our way out of the park and I couldn’t help but stop for a raspberry swirl Dole Whip.

The Castle is always so beautiful at Holiday Time.

Last edited:

What a saga with the bathtub!!!!!! Although it is refreshing to work with a company who at least keeps you in the loop about what's going on while you're waiting forever!!

All the courses of your dinner sound so tasty, but I must admit your filet with the onions and potatoes is the one that got my mouth watering most! And of course a raspberry swirl to end the night doesn't hurt :)

Sleeping Beauty's castle looks just beautiful in lights!! Someday I'll make it to Disneyland to see her in person!

Oh my goodness what a process to get your tub fixed! Glad it was completed in time!

The meal looked lovely. Gorgeous castle pic!

That menu looks awesome. I'm so missing dinners of that quality lately.

Glad your tub is finally fixed!

What a saga with the bathtub!!!!!! Although it is refreshing to work with a company who at least keeps you in the loop about what's going on while you're waiting forever!!

The guy handling scheduling was great. Some of the technicians, not so much.

All the courses of your dinner sound so tasty, but I must admit your filet with the onions and potatoes is the one that got my mouth watering most! And of course a raspberry swirl to end the night doesn't hurt :)

Gosh do I miss eating food like that! I mean, I'm a pretty good cook, but I can't make stuff like that. And if I could by the time I made it, I'd be too tired to enjoy it!

Sleeping Beauty's castle looks just beautiful in lights!! Someday I'll make it to Disneyland to see her in person!

You definitely should. Christmas is one of the most magical times at Disney!

With what? :laughing: I can't even pay off all the credit cards in full! :eek:
I'm going to solve that problem!
But a house and use the equity to pay off the cards!

:rolleyes:
Huh. That's odd. Stuff goes on sale here often. Drumsticks and Thighs are $.99 lb and Rib Eyes are $6.99.
Yep. Those I've seen.
I rarely post, but I put up a rather silly one yesterday. Just goes to show I'm really bored with this stay at home thing.
:laughing: Okay. Haven't seen that.
I do it at 325.....
Got it.
Not knowing the other party, I can't comment.
::yes::
I thought you called it off after that Small World fiasco.
Not officially. I am waiting for the next TR (if and when) to do that.
I need to considering what happened to her last November.
He moved out today and has a maid coming in the next day or two, so at least I get two weeks head start on renting it out.
:thumbsup2

I had my long awaited tub repair scheduled.
Finally!
Since you can’t take a bath with only 120 degree water, it became unusable.
Sure you can. You fill it with 120 degree water and wait until it cools down a bit.
The installer of the tub initially didn’t want to take any responsibility since it had been five years since it was put in. However, at some point they had a change of heart and decided that they would do it as a warranty call.
Well, that's good of them. But I can't help but wonder how much quicker it would've been if you'd had to pay for it.
So I didn't care when they called me that day after the trip to say that the part they had received was broken and they wouldn't be coming out to fix the tub after all.
:sad2:
I think this was the time a guy with brains showed up.
:rolleyes1
Are you sick of this story yet?
No, but I can imagine that you were.
Soon we met back up with Allyson and Dorian, they had the girls with them, but our table was ready so quickly that they didn't get to enjoy much of the atmosphere. Besides they were probably itching to go on rides anyways.
I usually prefer my table to be ready immediately. ;)
It was Pumpkin hummus with Tzatziki and crispy garbanzo beans,
For our first courses, Dorian and I ordered the Cedar Grilled Duck Breast, Parsnip Puree, Persimmon Relish, Black Bread Crouton.
I'm on the fence on this one. Not a fan of parsnip. The rest sound good.
Prefer that.
Allyson got the Sweet Potato Croquettes, Quince, Hazelnut, California Chili Romesco, you can ask her how it was….
For the second course I got the “Not so Classical” Five Onion Soup, Gruyére Cheese, Oxtail, Thyme from the Second Course menu.
mmmmmm… that sounds really good!
For our third course, I got the Orecchiette Pasta, Fennel Sausage, Roasted Broccoli, Ricotta Salata. This was very tasty!

I could go for any of those. ::yes::
But I would order what Fran had.
We were served a palate cleanser of Spiced Apple Sorbet with mint
Yum! Yes please!
Then it was time for the Main Course. I had the Bacon Crusted Filet Mignon, Harvest Onions, Hasselback Potatoes, it was quite tasty!

Fran had the Beef Short Rib, Roasted Root Vegetables, Cranberry, Garnet Yam Velvet
Think this time, while again I could go for either, I'll pick... depends on my mood, but right now I'd pick yours.
For dessert I ordered the Valrhona Chocolate “Cannoli”, Mint Cream Cheese Mousse, Peppermint. This was absolutely amazing!
Holy crap! :faint:
Fran got the Eggnog Cheesecake, Graham Cracker Crust, Cranberry Compote. She liked this a whole lot!
Can I have two desserts???? Want both!

I'm guessing you're saying that sincerely and not they way they mean it in the South. You don't want to hear a Southern Gal say, "Oh, Bless her heart...." :lmao:

Errr yes LOL I have no idea what you mean!

I'm not sure we did that one....we would have gone in a funny entrance if we did, and I don't remember that.

Hmm yes, I don't remember that

Those were....interesting if you were riding with someone you didn't know all that well.....

I realize I forgot an important word in my cuddle honour statement- I was meaning the honour system seatbelts they used to have!

I wish that Fran would be more interested in drinking it. I hate to open the bottle all alone.

They aren't huge bottles, you can do it ;)

Really? :confused3 We have so many places that you can get good fried chicken. Even the grocery stores make a decent one. We'll just get a couple chicken thighs for an afternoon snack when we're out running around.

Dorian has reminded me of a couple of places we have- just not in areas I really go to (well I don't go many places now lol)

A cameo? Not sure what that is.....
\

I only just learned about these last month- basically you can pay to have a celebrity make a video for you

When they reopen, and I mean when, I will take so many pictures on my next visit.

So so many! Who knows when some of us will be able to get back :(

Maybe PP, but I don't think we did IASW. I know that I did it in November and I think I would have objected on the grounds that I had done my duty for the year. :laughing:

Ok Ella says we did PP and also we did Alice- I do remember that now!

I love that ice! I need to make more cocktails at home!

Oh I will send you a recipe for one of my current favs- it's a spin on an Old Fashion

I would imagine not, but I'm not sure what you did Saturday night.

I realized that's when we did cantina, watched the fireworks from GE etc

I had my long awaited tub repair scheduled.

What can I really say but ahhhh what a sega indeed!

Besides they were probably itching to go on rides anyways.

Pretty sure they managed Space and Splash like 5 times each lol

Pumpkin hummus with Tzatziki and crispy garbanzo beans

This was good, but I'm a pumpkin fan.

So I remember (and looked at my pics) that I got this guy instead of the soup/salad- I remember sharing with D as didn't want to get too full and the pancake was big!

These were yummy- I really like sweet potato and hazelnuts, and the romesco added a lot of flavour.

This was pretty good- I'm not hugely experienced at caviar, but this was nice.

I know Dorian loved this one too.

Then it was time for the Main Course. I had the Bacon Crusted Filet Mignon

I had this one too- I love filet mig, and I remember the bacon being great and not over the top.

For dessert I ordered the Valrhona Chocolate “Cannoli”, Mint Cream Cheese Mousse, Peppermint. This was absolutely amazing! That block of chocolate was was like a combination of a mousse and a solid. Thicker than a mousse or pudding, but not solid like chocolate. You might call it a chocolate pate. That works! The pepperminty part was so yummy!

Legit the best! Mannn I wish I had this beauty right now!

I couldn’t help but stop for a raspberry swirl Dole Whip.

Pretty sure we had one too lol well I know we did as I have a picture with the infamous Maynard and my hair is done up lol
He was just leaving and I said hello to him and we took a pic - I've never tried if I can add a pic but going to try...

Attachments

• Maynard.jpg
    Maynard.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 9
This was our only Disney excitement for the day.

Oh. Welp, I'm outta here.

But that was just the beginning of our Disney fun for the week.

...and I'm back in!

Well they got to the passport office Wednesday morning and it seems that the entire Canadian passport system was down.

Nationwide.

That sounds like it might be a problem.

So our first ride was the Astro Blasters. Allyson suggested this one. I’d never been on it.

Really? Have you ridden Dumbo? Or the magic carpets? Or Triceratop-spin?

I don't know why I'm asking. Those are completely different rides.

We decided that it would be best to wait for the two of them while enjoying lunch, and everyone agreed that The Plaza Inn was the best place to do that. While they are known for their Fried Chicken, which Allyson and I split, they also have a number of entrees suitable for Pescatarians, of which there were some in our group.

That might be true, but...they have fried chicken!

Little did we know that the show had started earlier due to a special private party giveaway event hosted by a local radio station. They caught the tail end of the show.

Whoops. Hope it was a fun 5 minutes.

Hey, that's a win for you.

Are you sick of this story yet?

:rotfl2: Not as sick of it as you were, I'm betting.

With everyone pleased with their dessert choices (especially Fran) and stuffed from the meal, we headed outside to watch the first showing of F! I don’t have any pictures, and I stole this one from Allyson, but it was a great show as always!

Fantasmic always looks a lot better at DL than the WDW version.

The Castle is always so beautiful at Holiday Time.

:love:

Oh my goodness what a process to get your tub fixed! Glad it was completed in time!

It was rather nerve wracking not having a tub. In the five years we lived there I had used the tub in the hall bath for storage. I even cleaned that out so that I could have some kind of jacuzzi tub.

The meal looked lovely. Gorgeous castle pic!

Thanks! I miss those kind of meals now. :sad1:

That menu looks awesome. I'm so missing dinners of that quality lately.

I feel your pain. There is only so much that I can do myself. I must be getting desperate because I am making a Beurre Blanc that I saw on an advance preview of a F&W demo last week. It was for the filet at the Canada Booth, but I'm putting it on Cod.

Glad your tub is finally fixed!

Me too! Not only do I enjoy taking my tubs in it, I prefer to shower in that tub rather than the shower next to it!

Hi there! Found this TR and read the whole thing in one sitting! Just loved it, and your touring style is so different to mine so that was fun to see (and dream about trying in the future!).

I also looove your kitties. You may have mentioned this somewhere, but I missed it, so how many do you have, and what are their names? I have two, Princess Leia, and (Princess) Merida.

Now to go read the rest of your TRs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts