The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

Yes, but luckily my voice came back in a few days.

Some condolence, I suppose.

Isn't this how crickets talk??

Yes, but you never hear them laughing, do you?

Oh, it's always a little 50-years-old sore.

:rolleyes1

Then you'd best head back to Kentucky again and choose one of the many tours Mammoth caves has. Incredible!!

Good idea! :)

I don't think I've heard the icy road story, although I've seen you mention it a few times on the Boards.

Well, next time we meet... ask me!

Yes, I did, and will again. I got a brand new tripod a month or so ago and will likely try and bring it for some resort shots. Maybe.

Looking forward to seeing new night time resort photos. :)

Well, if you go slow enough I think it brings it to a safe level. Well, more so anyway.

::yes::

Pretty much some of the most memorable, amazing moments of my life. I can't believe I got to see and hear REAL African music!

:goodvibes I'm so glad you got to experience that!

And even less now!!

I'm.... pretty excited!

I bet you are! Lucky! :)

I had no idea about the sphere shaped ice cube that went into the martinis. Puts a fun spin on an old drink.

Oh my goodness, you have to wonder how much Disney has earned in revenue due to unexpected cooler weather. I know they've gotten 50 dollars out of us before because of it. Sorry to hear the pants you bought didn't fit, but hopefully the shirt will last for years and years.

I thought your parade pictures turned out quite nice. I really like the Monsters Inc doors one.
And I think it being nighttime and getting to rest your feet for a bit does play a factor into wanting to watch the show. I'm happy to hear, though, that Pain the Night didn't go on for too long. That was a complaint I had about MSEP...

Did you know that at one time belly buttons were taboo? I found this amusing.
How interesting. Obviously that was the pre-Jasmine days! Of course, given her costume change last year (or whenever that was), maybe the no belly button rule is coming back...

It’s Disney arrangements done in soft jazz.
Well, I'm on my coffee (tea) break at work, so I can't play YouTube now, but I must remember when I get home. It sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks!

I love that the soundtrack gives a definite hat tip to the Baroque Hoedown of MSEP
I still love that music!

I suppose before I get carried away with more words that begin with F, I’d better just get to the frivolity of the update.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Fabulous.

Who wouldn't want these for their home?!

Um...:wave2:

Disney created Groot when they animated ALICE!!!!

Mind. Blown!!!

:eek: Who knew??

Did you know that at one time belly buttons were taboo? I found this amusing.

I did not know that. Scandalous!

Alison picked all her cilantro and greens off because… it’s a rule.

Good for her. Get that rabbit food away from the real food!

I think I need an ice sphere maker.

Don't we all? Those are cool.

It also may or may not have been a factor in my felt need to spend $150 (you think I'm exaggerating, don't you?) on some new sweats, a fuzzy-lined jacket and pants, 5 minutes before the parade started.

Sadly, no. I don't think you're exaggerating at all.

I go to DLR, I hang out with Alison, I get tipsy, and then buy clothing. It’s what I do. On the bright side, I like the sweatshirts I've bought on the last 2 trips. I probably would have like them more if I'd bought them at the Goodwill for $4.00.

But if you got them at the Goodwill they'd be an XXXL and have coffee stains.

There was exactly ONE store open in that area and they had exactly 3 choices- only one of which was not thin material or in something even close to my size. But I do love my ’55 Mickey hooded fuzzy sweat jacket a lot. The pants are about 2 sizes too big, but I only had about 5 minutes to find something and get back to my seat.

Oh. In that case, I will walk back the Goodwill comment.

Speaking of which, would you like to see some crappy parade photos? You can joke all you want about “blurry drunk photos”, but I’ve tried taking them without one drop during other parades and… they’re just as bad. Dark photography with moving subjects is HARD!!! You try it!

Extremely hard! I think you did pretty well!

And generally speaking, I am not a parade-y kind of gal. You’ll find me in the shorter ride lines if I remember to avoid the sidewalk crush and closed streets.

This. :thumbsup2

Excuse me, you may have, but I didn't. I'm far too manly to do that, ya know.

I"m pretty sure you didn't order a double scotch. ;) (Which tastes gross straight, BTW)

People with Ornithophobia, that's who.

Okay, there are those that are a bit bird shy.

:lmao: You've figured it out!!!

I know!! See?! He's as plain as day there!

I did know that.
You've never watched I Dream of Jeannie?

No belly buttons allowed. They had to adjust the costume to cover it.

And that looks just... weird...

Where do you find these things?!?!?

YouTube is my friend.

Well, I'm chuckling a bit too, since I'm listening to it right now, too. :)

It's good huh?!

We had to. Kay ate them all last time.

Almost 2 orders!

Sure! No problem. Here ya go:
Cirrus Ice Ball Press Kit
You'll of course want the bigger one for full impact. Only $1,000.

Ouch.

I think it was really only about a minute. If that.

Yeah, I was looking at a Google site on how to use one, but maybe the weight wasn't as heavy or... I just don't know what I'm talking about. You choose. I'm happy with anything.

I remember that. I couldn't believe you spent that much.

But, but... my teeth were chattering!

Um... no. pkondz does not do coffee. Unless you don't consider me as one of your parade partners, which is understandable.

But, didn't you go off to look for tea? I honestly did think at some point each of us left to go find something warm? No? Maybe it was just Alison?

I did. And didn't do as well as you did.

Still super looking forward to seeing yours!!

Yes, but you never hear them laughing, do you?

Well, no. Maybe they are too busy finding new and creative ways to survive Armageddon to joke around.

Well, next time we meet... ask me!

I shall!

Looking forward to seeing new night time resort photos. :)

POFQ coming up in around 3 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days. Give or take a day or so. But who's counting?

:goodvibes I'm so glad you got to experience that!

Me too. :)

Oh my goodness, you have to wonder how much Disney has earned in revenue due to unexpected cooler weather. I know they've gotten 50 dollars out of us before because of it. Sorry to hear the pants you bought didn't fit, but hopefully the shirt will last for years and years.

HUGE, HUGE source of revenue!! I've done it at least 4 times in past trips. I get lazy and don't want to carry a jacket around all day, but both Cali and FL can get chilly at night. I should know better... I'm one of those "cold folks" who wimps out at 70 degrees. From now on, it's a locker for me.

I thought your parade pictures turned out quite nice. I really like the Monsters Inc doors one.

Thanks, and yes, that was one of the more clear ones. :)

And I think it being nighttime and getting to rest your feet for a bit does play a factor into wanting to watch the show. I'm happy to hear, though, that Pain the Night didn't go on for too long. That was a complaint I had about MSEP...

I agree. By 9:00, my feet are toast. Best to avoid a wheelchair ride to the bus at the end of the day. ;)

How interesting. Obviously that was the pre-Jasmine days! Of course, given her costume change last year (or whenever that was), maybe the no belly button rule is coming back...

Yes, I think so!

And I remember that. I don't keep track of characters much, but I do remember the hullaballoo and "chatter" on certain threads that shall not be named where grown men expressed utter sadness and disappointment at more clothing. ;)

Well, I'm on my coffee (tea) break at work, so I can't play YouTube now, but I must remember when I get home. It sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks!

I do think you would like it, Jeff. Easy listening and some cool renditions of some favorite classic Disney tunes, including some Sherman Bros. stuff.

I still love that music!

It's such happy music!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Fabulous.

Every once in a while...

But, it's so Mary Poppins and Tiki Room combined.

:eek: Who knew??

Pretty astounding no?

Good for her. Get that rabbit food away from the real food!

You two... <holds out taco for deposit of auxilary greens>

Don't we all? Those are cool.

Yes! Physics in action!

Sadly, no. I don't think you're exaggerating at all.

The prices kill me.

I don't shop often at Disney, but when I do I spend as much as I possibly can. <meme that!>

But if you got them at the Goodwill they'd be an XXXL and have coffee stains.

Oh. In that case, I will walk back the Goodwill comment.

I literally cracked up at this because if you know me AT ALL, *I* am that person who has a perma-stain in her front of coffee.

I spill all. the. time.

Extremely hard! I think you did pretty well!

Thanks! Cold, shaking hands, (yes, even with my hoodie), dark, moving... stupid hard.

I think we could tour together quite nicely!

I'm way behind, but catching up! Those were awesome night time parade photos - way better than any of mine would've been. Of course, you do have an actual camera, so that does help.

I'm way behind, but catching up! Those were awesome night time parade photos - way better than any of mine would've been. Of course, you do have an actual camera, so that does help.
I hate to admit it but those were actually all cell photos. ;) Thank you, Irene! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

I"m pretty sure you didn't order a double scotch. ;) (Which tastes gross straight, BTW)

I really wouldn't know. Never tried it.

Okay, there are those that are a bit bird shy.

See?????

I know!! See?! He's as plain as day there!

::yes::

:laughing:

And that looks just... weird...

Wasn't just her:
Dawn%2BWells.jpg

It's good huh?!

It really is! I like it a lot.

Yeah, I was looking at a Google site on how to use one, but maybe the weight wasn't as heavy or... I just don't know what I'm talking about. You choose. I'm happy with anything.

All right. I'm going with.... 3 hours!

But, but... my teeth were chattering!

I know. I felt badly for you.

But, didn't you go off to look for tea? I honestly did think at some point each of us left to go find something warm? No? Maybe it was just Alison?

Not me. I just sat there in the nice California heat.

Still super looking forward to seeing yours!!

Prepare for disappointment!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter