The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

Will anyone have an Annual Pass or Tables in Wonderland card? That will give you a discount. AP is usually 10% and Tables is 20% including drinks. I personally prefer not to have the dining plan, I mean it's fun when we have it but sometimes it makes me think too much about if I'm getting the best value for money by ordering the most expensive entree - haha sometimes it can be tedious to do that. I just prefer to pay as I go and I find Steve and I share a lot of quick service and don't order desserts all that much so for us we prefer not to do the dining plan. When is your 2019 trip?

It's been a whirlwind the last few weeks of preparing for not one, but 2, graduations. This involved gutting a bedroom and transforming it into a presentable guest room for my parents who flew in from Kentucky yesterday, sinking thousands into a new deck and some much needed landscaping for the 50ish guests coming to celebrate with us tomorrow, and making the place generally attractive- you know, like we don't cook meth in our back shed. :rolleyes2

Holy crap! talk about being busy!

I'm tired. Very, very tired.

I bet!! :hug:

I have a bit of time off Wednesday and Thursday and desperately want to get an update up. Been far, far too long!!!

Kinda feeling the same way. For me, I might have time coming up... but doubt it.

Please, Gang, I need your thoughts and opinions. Convince me one way or the other. I have 3 days to make a decision....

Free DDP... yes. I remember the first two trips when I took the family. First time, I suffered some pretty good sticker shock when presented with the bill. Second time, we had free DDP and it was great! Our bill was ten times less for expenses over and above the room.

Otherwise.... I think I'd pass on paying for DDP.

I put in another No vote. I don’t think the structure it causes is worth the ease if having freedom in ordering. My suggestion would be: put the money you would pay for the plan on a gift card. Use that for your meals and most likely you will come out having money left on the card. If you compare your food budget estimate from last trip to the cost of the dining plan, I am sure there is a huge difference. So, ultimately your issues with having to check prices might have been more due to an overly optimistic budget (a mistake I often do myself) and not the lack of the dining plan.

Sounds like you have been incredibly busy! Hopefully the graduation, parties, and visitation with your parents has been fun!

I'm like everyone else and vote no dining plan. I know for me, personally, when I'm eating at QS locations I actually prefer to order off the kid menus because the portions are better and you get two sides, most of which are fruit/veggies. And when I used to be on the dining plan, I always felt pressured to order the most expensive item on the menu. I'd get the steak even when I wanted a salad, but I wanted to make sure I used my money's worth out of the plan.
I know you don't have a ton of free time on your hands, but there are sites that show the exact cost of restaurant dishes. You could break down a day and see if what you'd pay out of pocket would be more/less than paying for the DP.

I would also pass on the dining plan, you really have to make an effort to make it worth the cost. Also, some days you may not feel like a big meal or being tied to an ADR. When on the dining plan you are tied to those reservations with little wiggle room.

Stopping in to say hi! :wave2::hug: Sounds like you’ve been incredibly busy!

I know you’ve decided to dining plan or not to dining plan by now but from the previous comments it looks like I’m the only one in favor of it. We like it for the ease of basically paying for everything up front. But I’ve got pretty big eaters in my family and we usually do the DxDP because we like to go to the signature restaurants usually one meal each day. There are lots of pros and cons but for us it works.

When is the trip you’re planning for in 2019?

Sometimes putting words to paper is tough- even in the best of circumstances; other times putting words to feelings and situations is nearly impossible. While the last bit has been difficult to put things lightly, I sincerely want to finish up this Trip Report. For some of us, myself included, writing is a therapy and escape. Thanks for being here. I’m sorry I am not at liberty nor comfortable going into personal details, but it may help you, Dear Reader, to understand my prolonged absence and sporadic attendance on the Boards. I might also take this opportunity to quote something I saw on FB recently: “Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.” I hope my photos and stories bring you a smile and that you enjoy them on some level. There is no “funny” right now, and words are difficult to come by, so prose will be scant. Nevertheless, I bring you MVMCP, 2017.

O Christmas Spree, O Christmas Spree…

The air was not crisp as one would find in a more Northern latitude, and yet it “snowed”. There were reindeer, and snowflakes. In the warmth that is Central Florida in October, there was hot apple cider, icicles, and plenty of merriment in the air.

I enjoyed the evening, as I have with the Halloween Party the year before, simply wandering and taking in the festive atmosphere. Not much compares to Disney's transforming a space into something completely fantastic and splendorous. I was taken by surprise at the Castle Lighting. It was all that I’d imagined- beautiful and enchanting.

Sauntering away from Main Street, I spent some time on a Merry Expedition where Trader Sam had a Holiday Special going on- a couple of heads for one of yours. Oddly, the back side of water is just as cool on the Holiday Cruise.

Not unlike the Pretty-Much-Not-Scary-at-All Party, the Christmas Party relied heavily on lighting effects to tell their story. I was bedazzled with the display of snowflakes cast onto Tom Sawyers Island. I spent quite a bit of time taking photos... not in any hurry to go anywhere or do anything.

A few other random shots from my wanderings:

Every now and then I came across a free snack station where I grabbed a little something to munch on. I was pretty full from my dinner at LTT, but when has that EVER mattered at Disney? Yes please, as matter of fact, I would like that gingersnap and eggnog.

I took in a few other rides with little to no wait, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t remember what they were. Guessing, I’d say it was likely POTC, BTMRR, HM, and not much else. Who knows.

What I do know is that it was eventually time to see what all hype over the Toy Soldiers and the Gingerbread Men was. I thought maybe I’d better be sure to pay Santa his due respect as well. Finding a place along Main Street wasn’t easy as I’d dawdled a bit too long, but I still managed to get some decent photos and came away with some irreplaceable memories from my Enchanted Christmas Party.

IMG_5160-L.jpg

Hope you are all well and happy. Truly.

Steppe

Last edited:
Guys... I"m sorry. I just can't tackle replies right now. I will begin and see what I can do, a few at a time, please be patient with me, k?

One foot in front of the other, right??

So sorry to hear that things are difficult for you right now! I nearly sent you a PM yesterday to ask if everything was ok, but then thought you certainly were just busy. I hope your lovely Christmas party pictures were a distraction for you as well, I loved seeing them!

Sending big hugs!! :hug:

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time right now. Thank you for sharing your memories of the Christmas party. We will be here and waiting for you when you feel up to stopping in and sharing some of your beautiful thoughts and memories.

Sometimes putting words to paper is tough- even in the best of circumstances; other times putting words to feelings and situations is nearly impossible. While the last bit has been difficult to put things lightly, I sincerely want to finish up this Trip Report. For some of us, myself included, writing is a therapy and escape. Thanks for being here. I’m sorry I am not at liberty nor comfortable going into personal details, but it may help you, Dear Reader, to understand my prolonged absence and sporadic attendance on the Boards. I might also take this opportunity to quote something I saw on FB recently: “Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.” I hope my photos and stories bring you a smile and that you enjoy them on some level. There is no “funny” right now, and words are difficult to come by, so prose will be scant. Nevertheless, I bring you MVMCP, 2017.
Haven't even read the rest of this post, but had to reply...

Not sure what it is Liesa, but hoping whatever it is eases quickly. I knew you were really busy with graduations and company, but it sounds as if something else much more unpleasant has come along. Don't know what it is and don't need to know...praying for you!

Sometimes putting words to paper is tough- even in the best of circumstances; other times putting words to feelings and situations is nearly impossible. While the last bit has been difficult to put things lightly, I sincerely want to finish up this Trip Report.
Take your time Liesa. We'll be here and don't worry about us. Take care of you and your situation. We will love you no less as a result.
:hug:

They don't need to find ways. They're actually plotting for ways to bring it about!

OH, well, now that makes a TON more sense!

Certainly not you!

Actually, yes. I am. Very much.

Oh really, there was hullaballoo? Gee, I wonder what bunch of silly Dads...er, I mean...men...would do such a thing?

marie-eye-roll-gif.327340

Who indeed. ;)

Dang! I'm not sure if that means there is hope for me yet, or that you are just that much better at photography than I am!

There is always hope! :) Practice practice and enjoy as you go.

I'm not so sure sashaying is manly, but I'll let the reader decide.

Depends on how kind the man behind the sashay is.

I was wondering about that when I read it...I'm thinking either she ditched you, wasn't counting you as a parade partner or everybody was searching for coffee for her.

None! Promise. I was just... cold. And in the case of cold any means justifies the end, no?

I will have to try that at home. Can't this week...we're doing VBS at church, so almost no time at home.

Ah, okay. Was your VBS fun? Successful?

Easy way to fix that....stop drinking that nasty stuff!

NEVER! ;)

It's too delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!