The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

Well, sorry, Folks. Replies and reading your TR's and catching up there is going to have to wait until tomorrow evening. I came down with a pretty good cold just in time for it to be over before I travel... I hope. :guilty: I'm too pooped now to type and need a good night's sleep before hitting this week of work.

Sniffly greetings...

:cold:

Well, sorry, Folks. Replies and reading your TR's and catching up there is going to have to wait until tomorrow evening. I came down with a pretty good cold just in time for it to be over before I travel... I hope. :guilty: I'm too pooped now to type and need a good night's sleep before hitting this week of work.

Sniffly greetings...

Feel better soon!!

I came down with a pretty good cold just in time for it to be over before I travel... I hope. :guilty: I'm too pooped now to type and need a good night's sleep before hitting this week of work.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Get well soon!! I am so sorry that you ended up with a cold. I guess your to do list will be shortened now. Hope you are "healthy like a tennis shoe" (German saying) in time before your trip. Sending some dancing bananas in the meantime to cheer you up! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

G is for: Getting Close and Getting Stuff Done

WC is for We're closer, but I wish we weren't (or wish yours was closer as well)...still bummed we're going to miss by just a few days. :sad2:

Great photos per usual...sccrrtch

Does that remind you of a broken record, because seems like I'm saying the same thing over and over. ;)

This is my favorite pic though just because I'm dreaming of Biergarten at EPCOT, but won't be going there this time. ;) Decide against buffets (for the most part) since PR ate like a bird in February. Of course, now I'm not doing buffets, she'll probably eat like crazy. I really hate Murphy.

I didn't get a photo of my kraut smothered sausage; I was too busy stuffing my fat face. But I did get one of the more healthy (and not nearly as delicious) fondue plate.

You can keep the saurerkraut, but I'll take the sausages. Wait, no picture??? Okay, I take back my comment about great pictures if you left the most important one out. :lmao:

size matters.
Okay, now we can truly say "That's what she said". :rotfl2:

Sniffly greetings...

I cannot "like" this post.
I'm sorry Liesa. Hope you get feeling better soon.

I am not normal.

Look. If you're going to be dissing yourself, then why are we here????

"You're HOT! Will you marry me?"

:laughing: What did you say?

"I'm craving chicken pot pie. Do you have that here?"

This is actually reasonable. Why don't you have chicken pot pie???

In trying to bring in elements of both main events- Food and Wine and MNSSHP- I found this PERFECT little sign:

I like it!

Good for you! Now we can expect even more of your excellent photography. :)

Funniest entry:

The license plate is a particularly nice touch.

Heh. Someone has a sense of humour.

Favorite car there- bar none.

This does not surprise me.

he entire town of Mt. Angel, pop. 3,500, swells to 20,000 for a weekend every September. Bands are even flown in from Munich by Lufthansa; it's no small deal.

Wow! That's pretty impressive.

IMG_2245-L.jpg

A pair of pretty ladies. :)

And for kicks and giggles, how about a bit of alpenhorn? Like the EPCOT Biergarten, but 3 times better.

Darn. At work. Can't see the vid.

Thanks, @pkondz for removing that annoying wire!

You're welcome.

Sniffly greetings...

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be over it by the time you leave.

Awww, thanks!! I had a great time enjoying the animals and getting a day of photography in. Been a looooong while!
Somebody showed me those pictures. It seems the animals were enjoying a great time too! (well, the Heffalump's anyway!)

Countdown Photo of the Day:

This picture reminds me of an interesting story. Now, what WAS that again...……… :scratchin

Hate we're going to miss you by just a few days...………. :sad1:

Somebody showed me those pictures. It seems the animals were enjoying a great time too! (well, the Heffalump's anyway!)

This picture reminds me of an interesting story. Now, what WAS that again...……… :scratchin

Hate we're going to miss you by just a few days...………. :sad1:
When are you going? We're missing her by a couple days on the front end of her trip. Are you missing before or after?

Finally catching up after a couple of crazy weeks!

Because who doesn't love food?!?

Whoever keeps trying to poison it by sneaking kale into recipes.

Case in point... Artist Point to be exact, will no longer be what it once was soon. (I hate that by the way.)

Me too. Never eaten at Artist Point, but you need variety. They didn't need yet another character meal.

The other new places (TS) just don't appeal, but maybe because I've not seen very many reviews yet.

I really liked Homecomin', but I'm guessing the menu there isn't exotic enough to make you look twice.

I've never ever been to the Plaza, but the reviews are looking a lot better than even this time last year. I'll reserve judgement and let you know!

We just tried Plaza for the first time this summer. Not bad.

The steampunk theming looks incredible and, while it may not be everyone's cup of tea as far as entertainment is considered, there is live Jazz era music, acrobats, dancing, and magicians that perform, particularly after 10:00 PM (if burlesque or cabaret isn't your thing, maybe this isn't the place for you (not saying it's mine... just sayin'.))

I'm guessing I won't be in there after 10:00 p.m. :p

Another must-do for the last several trips is Tiffins. It's quite possibly my favorite restaurant for many reasons including ambiance, food, and service...

I know @docsoliday1 fell in love with that one as well.

Did I tell you guys that I flew last weekend and....

GOT TO BE ON THE CONTROLS FOR TAKEOFF AND LANDING?!

No way! That's so cool!!

Normal people probably don't add extra stuff to do to get ready for vacation, but going to Disney is not a normal vacation and I am not normal.

Normal is boring.

As much as hearing some of the things my patients say when coming out of anesthesia. That never gets old.

"I've been adding stuff to my Pinterest account for hours!"

"You're HOT! Will you marry me?"

"I'm craving chicken pot pie. Do you have that here?"

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Did myself a favor and picked up one of these:

https://digital-photography-school.com/review-tamron-18-400mm-zoom-lens/

By trading in one of my stock 18-55's that was 8 years old and my 75-300, I got this one which does the work of both of those and better.

Cool. It's nice not to have to trade out lenses all the time. Although I find really like to shoot at the 18mm end--as wide as possible.

It's Finn McMissile!

Thanks, @pkondz for removing that annoying wire!

Yay pkondz! Always nice to have friends who know photoshop.

Finally catching up after a couple of crazy weeks!
Can't relate to that at all.

Whoever keeps trying to poison it by sneaking kale into recipes.
I think it's a secret plot hatched by the Russians or Chinese. :rotfl2:

Me too. Never eaten at Artist Point, but you need variety. They didn't need yet another character meal.
I don't think we did either, but agreed...enough character meals with substandard fare.

I really liked Homecomin', but I'm guessing the menu there isn't exotic enough to make you look twice.
Might need to try this in January...just so I can say I've tried it. Not sure. More research required.

We just tried Plaza for the first time this summer. Not bad.
We had an ADR there, but then I switched our MK day to HS since we'll be at MK for MNSSHP. So, now Mama Melrose's with fantasmic package instead.

I know @docsoliday1 fell in love with that one as well.
::yes:: Good food, good service, good atmosphere. What's not to like? ;)
It ain't cheap, but considering what you get, well worth it.

Cool. It's nice not to have to trade out lenses all the time. Although I find really like to shoot at the 18mm end--as wide as possible.
Considering the bulk of your pictures are broad open scenery, that makes the most sense.

It depends. It can be bad depending on which photos they use that skill for and to what end.

When are you going? We're missing her by a couple days on the front end of her trip. Are you missing before or after?
We'll be there midday tomorrow, head back home Monday morning. DVC party at DHS tomorrow night. Mostly a new Toy Story and F&W trip, with a little of everything else sprinkled in.

We'll be there midday tomorrow, head back home Monday morning. DVC party at DHS tomorrow night. Mostly a new Toy Story and F&W trip, with a little of everything else sprinkled in.
We're checking in Sunday evening. PM me...tried to PM you, but I guess you have it turned off/blocked. (Or maybe you just have ME blocked)

Feel better soon!

I'm still just trying to figure out a few different things to do with my phone camera. Went to the Chicago Botanic Gardens yesterday, and found a setting I had been missing...2018-09-17 10.45.52-web.jpg 2018-09-17 10.56.31-web.jpg

Unless of course it's my Dad.
"Can you just put this man in this photo? That should only take you 5 minutes, right?"

Right.... 3 hours later....

It depends. It can be bad depending on which photos they use that skill for and to what end.

Be very careful if I ask to take your photo.

Just sayin'.

Feel better soon!

I'm still just trying to figure out a few different things to do with my phone camera. Went to the Chicago Botanic Gardens yesterday, and found a setting I had been missing...View attachment 352157 View attachment 352158

Those are nice, Irene! Flower setting? Close up?

We're checking in Sunday evening. PM me...tried to PM you, but I guess you have it turned off/blocked. (Or maybe you just have ME blocked)
Nope, everything was shut down. Making half the drive. .....

Started a conversion with you.

Last edited:
Great restaurant lineup!
We enjoy the Plaza and will be back on Monday :thumbsup2 and Citricos is actually DH's favorite signature (my 2nd behind Tiffins). We have never had a bad meal and service is outstanding; try to sit in Rony's section! Christine is wonderful, too.
I think you may know I'm with you on the AP change (and that mushroom soup :cloud9:) so I am both excited and sad about our dinner there TOMORROW might as it will be our last before the "dwarf buffet":P

Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it myself- especially the new ones and Tiffins. :)

So, you were at Plaza yesterday then. How was it this time around? I LOVE that Citricos now has yet another thumbs up from someone. I will specifically ask for Rony or Christine there. :)

I did know that as you've written about AP more than once and always love it. I hope your last dinner there was a memorable one. :hug:

What can I say, except YOU'RE WELCOME!
We might try one of them out on our resort day, but that depends on if we feel like going to DTD or just hanging out at the pool all day. Maybe dinner before we head over to yehaa Bob, but....the plan is/was to eat over there. Considering his first show is at 8:30, dinner at DTD before might be a better option.

I love hanging out at the pool, but not all day. By dinner I'd be more than antsy to get moving again to find some good food. If you did a pool day, left at 4:30 for a 5:15 seating you could easily make it back to Yehaa Bob's by 8:30- although you may want to get there a tad earlier to get a seat.

OK, all caught up! I was five pages behind and it took me like three days to read everything that I was behind with! I'll explain my absence when I finally get to my next chapter on my TR, but all good things, just keeping we way too busy to find DIS time even on my phone.

I understand the "gettin' behind" bit. I am in a deep, deep hole right now. But tomorrow is a day off and while I have a LONG list of last minute things to do for my trip, I do plan to work hard at catching up when I'm done. When I work, it's hard to read anything; I come home completely wiped out and it's hard to even read.

Your picture scavenger hunt ideas sound good. I just don't have the patience to follow much of a plan other than loose guidelines. I like all your food choices, especially Morimoto. I love that place. It's pricey, but the food is good and I've never had anything bad there. In fact tomorrow morning when I book the ADRs for my trip with my parents in March we're going there!

I'm an uber planner and love a challenge. So, these might be a lot of fun. We'll see... they may become a chore too, so I won't be a slave to it.

I keep hearing good things about Morimoto and am happy to see yet another recommendation for it. YAY!

I'd love to do the Brunch at Cali Grill, but I too eat so little that I'm not sure how worth it the cost would be. And as you'll see on my next TR as it unfolds, even Fran is having appetite problems.

I'm more going for the variety and view than anything else. I hear you can order half portions of the entrees and may go that route.

And... Fran is not well? I will get to your thread tomorrow. Promise!

ay for you on flying and getting to operate the controls!

:cool1:

I hope things are going in the way that you wish to proceed. :flower3:

Thanks, Alison!

That's so sweet of you to say! :goodvibes

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter