The Adventures of The Traveling Fire Pit

I think leagirl12 has requested for most of the time as you, but perhaps because they are staying longer than you, you could use it first, and then her. We are arriving in the 24th and staying until the 10th, so the good thing is, we will find the traveling fire pit, and meet new campers. See you soon. Barb

bjschil, not sure if your post is in reply to me? If so, my request is for March and it looks like leagirl12 requested for February.

bjschil, not sure if your post is in reply to me? If so, my request is for March and it looks like leagirl12 requested for February.
OOps, my bad. I saw the dates, and read the month wrong. Sorry! hopefully you have requested soon enough that you will enjoy it on a spring night. Have a great trip.

We will be there Feb 6 thru 13. I know my husband's daughters love sitting by a fire. Because of their plans we probably only use it Feb 10 - 12. If possible would be great to use a couple nights.

Maureen, it's here on 1210 so come on by. We're here most of the time (except when we need some ice cream).

Yes, Mrs Toaster was the original owner who passed it to Kris and Bert who passed it to Corgidad who saved it for us. We then gave back to Corgidad to save for Kris & Berts return.

Ilovedisnymm Thank you for providing up-dating that history of the early days of the TFP

We will be arriving sometime between 3:00-4:00 on this Saturday. Eyeeore, do you still have the fire pit? Will you have it on Saturday?

I dropped the TFP by J Scott Cape Cod on Feb 18th mid-afternoon. If the timing is bad and it needs to be rehomed temporarily until Leagirl12 comes in on the 24th, let me know.

Justin, I will pm you a number to txt me if you need to have it moved. We'll be around somewhere in the campground most likely. Leagirl12, I'll pm it to you as well.

Last edited:
We would like to host the TFP March 25-31 this year! It looks like tiggerdad has March 10-17, but I don't see host for the week in between us (17th-25th). I bet someone is out there!

Campinfam2018 will be @ the Fort 3/31-4/6 and willing to host the TFP if it is available.

We would love it April 19-29 if available.
How does this work?
Does someone maintain a list and let people know if they may get it, or do we just keep checking back here to see where it is?

I will say that before WDW put in mini-fridges to the value resort rooms there was a similar thread to keep passing along donated fridges. The first post held the calendar and the person starting the thread had to edit the first post when people went on & came off the calendar. Then others can quickly see if their dates are available to put in a request. JAT and sounds like great plan that could do some good.

Bjschil....sent you a pm but hadn't heard back. Do you want the fire pit now? We won't use it the next few days and we leave early Saturday morning. We were gifted a good bit of firewood to go along with it.

We are leaving tomorrow and have a fire pit that someone left here at The Fort and it has been traveling around. You may have seen a thread about it. I hate to just leave it in our site when we leave as I would love to see it stay with DIS members. Is there anyone that can take it until the next guests arrive that are in the original thread? I haven't been able to get in touch with the person on the list after us. We are in 1608.

Let me talk with our group. I know a bit cooler next week. If you do not find a place for it by Friday evening, we will swing by. We are going to Animal Kingdom and will stay till close.

We are leaving tomorrow and have a fire pit that someone left here at The Fort and it has been traveling around. You may have seen a thread about it. I hate to just leave it in our site when we leave as I would love to see it stay with DIS members. Is there anyone that can take it until the next guests arrive that are in the original thread? I haven't been able to get in touch with the person on the list after us. We are in 1608.
Thanks for paying it forward - maybe it will be available when we're there in April.

Let me talk with our group. I know a bit cooler next week. If you do not find a place for it by Friday evening, we will swing by. We are going to Animal Kingdom and will stay till close.
We are headed to the evening movie so we won't be at the site but it is all there together. I would deliver it but we are in a minivan and have already started loading things to make it easy for us to get an early start tomorrow as we head home.

We have decided that we will not be using the fire pit, but can get it and keep it here until someone comes and gets it from us. Although you might head out early, we will be over by 8 am. You are in 1608, correct. We drove through on our way to the bus stop.

Barb,

Thanks for giving it a home. I can’t remember how long you are staying. Hopefully someone will be by to pick it up. Though the weather may not be as conducive for evening fires anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter