The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

I followed Ed on this one. Yes, it was a prior night stay before finishing the 30 minute drive into Disney.
I will echo the opinion of both Michael and Ed and say finding a place to do a last overnight near Disney has become a standard for us as well. Last year we followed Snowmedic's trail and stayed at a local KOA just 20 min from Disney. Price and location were perfect. Seeing the NASA launch while we prepared to leave and top off our propane tanks was an added plus. Unfortunately they are no longer in operation. Lazy Days outside of Tampa has worked well for us. Not only can I fill the propane but fuel tank at the Pilot Flying J next door as well. The on site restaurant and Cracker Barrel next door are added plus as well. The next Morning I leave at 8am and at the Outpost by 9 as opposed to 3 or 4pm on our 3rd travel day

We like Ocala Sun at exit 341. it is an hour to disney from there. Easy pull through level parking. Pilot at the exit as well.

We like Ocala Sun at exit 341. it is an hour to disney from there. Easy pull through level parking. Pilot at the exit as well.

stayed at Ocala Sun on our last trip, our site had a new concrete pad with a 2' drop off at the exit of the pull thru, had to have the neighbor across move a vehicle so I could swing out. but it sure was a nice looking campground

That is awesome and something I need to keep in mind! Right now we have a pretty good plan together. We leave early to avoid DC traffic but within 12 hours road time we make it to Savannah. It is a long day in the car, but getting to Savannah early enough for pool time and dinner helps. The next day is about 5-6 hours to Disney. Past few years I would get a text notifying our site is ready just about the time we hit Orlando.

One year we made really good time and got to St. Marys on the first day, but I paid for that as I was just wiped out.

@tiggerdad bud I'm going to hijack your thread here for a minute. You we haven't camped since the GSP meet 2019. It's just been super busy with work for me but, this week we sneaked away and made a run up to Lenoir City, Tennessee at Yarberry Campground on the Tennessee River just of Hwy 411.

A very peaceful and quiet Campground nice spacious site and beautiful views.

20201124_073250.jpg20201124_164128.jpg20201124_164249.jpg
20201124_164136.jpg

The old GM bus was very awesome, they were only here for one night.

Attachments

• 20201124_164301.jpg
    20201124_164301.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201124_164437.jpg
    20201124_164437.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 6
@tiggerdad bud I'm going to hijack your thread here for a minute. You we haven't camped since the GSP meet 2019. It's just been super busy with work for me but, this week we sneaked away and made a run up to Lenoir City, Tennessee at Yarberry Campground on the Tennessee River just of Hwy 411.

A very peaceful and quiet Campground nice spacious site and beautiful views.

View attachment 540434View attachment 540435View attachment 540437
View attachment 540436

The old GM bus was very awesome, they were only here for one night.

Hijack it all you want. As long as your posting up good camping pics.

Tonight it was LuLu's.
We had dinner with parents we know from both of our DDs school. It was a 2 hour wait, luckily they have an app where you can reserve well in advance.
The appetizers were the shrimp nachos
View attachment 442321

And crab claws
View attachment 442322

I had the combo of two, with grilled shrimp (absolutely no flavor at all) :worried: and fried fish (very tasty) :thumbsup2
View attachment 442323

The place sits right on the Intercoastsl Waterway, so you catch some vessels going by as you eat
View attachment 442324

Dinner topics varied, but one came up that might be serious problem. The school board has been changing dates a lot with the DDs academic calendar the last few years. For instance, this past Memorial Day they actually had kids in school the week after Memorial Day, a first ever. Apparently next year they are changing it back, which is why this trip is actually a week earlier than when we normally come down. Usually they are out Columbus Day Monday and Tuesday, but this year it was the week before. Well...it sounds like they are going to keep it that way for next year. If so, that means we're gonna miss Dismeet at FW next year because it'll be the week before.

Not for certain yet, but that was what the other parents said they had heard.

We'll see.

Love LuLu's, when we lived in P-cola we would head over there every so often to relax and grab a bite to eat... Fun Times...

That's what it's like here in Orlando and Winter Garden, In all the stores... I'm going to Lakeland today to check on my parents and run their errands. Maybe I will get lucky... If people would just get what they need, for a couple of weeks, instead of this mass hoarding... Nope you can Thank the news media again for this shortage.

This is so crazy... Are people hoarding RV TP?

DH told his guys since this all started, if they get desperate, to let him know. He has a huge supply closet in the office, and he keeps it well stocked - in the office 6 restrooms, each with a couple of stalls. So he will give them a couple of rolls, and then they have to bring some back, bring a few rolls back to repay it... So far its been working out.

When this started we had TP to last us a while. Come April I started to get a little worried as we where getting low. I then lucked out on a 80 roll case (seriously could not find smaller anywhere) on Amazon for 50 bucks. We bought the case and with 4 of us in the house all the time we are just on the end of it. However, when locals started to talk about supplies being low and being down to 6 rolls left, we bought another case of 80 this time it was only 42 bucks. It's still available for that price, if it lasts a year between us all and the RV, at least I don't have to search stores for it.

PS here is the Link to the Case if you are desperate or want to split with others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter