SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

Sapphire Falls has the Dutch Trading Co for a grab and go style breakfast.

Sapphire is lovely, we stay there on occasions as a change from RP and we love both equally, more or less now.

Thanks, now the big question is about EP. we have only ever done the parks with EP, is it really that noticeable in February?

Perfect for families.

Booked my first stay at SF. Also first time not staying at the Portofino. Doing a quick turn around trip (yes I am insane) to come down for the concert, and an expo. Wont be at the room much, but everyone speaks so highly of the hotel, I knew that I wanted to give it a go,

Any news on Strong Water Tavern being open?
Last I saw it was still closed.

I’d love to know as well. I have to be in FL the end of the month to help my parents (at a distance) and can’t drive by Universal without stopping. I’d sorely miss Strongwater if they’re not open!

I’d love to know as well. I have to be in FL the end of the month to help my parents (at a distance) and can’t drive by Universal without stopping. I’d sorely miss Strongwater if they’re not open!

When we checked in on Saturday she gave me a date they would be opening....I don't remember exact date because she said you will just miss it (we checked out today 7/1) so hopefully it will be soon!

When we checked in on Saturday she gave me a date they would be opening....I don't remember exact date because she said you will just miss it (we checked out today 7/1) so hopefully it will be soon!

I just posted on another thread it`s suupposed to open soon......

Good to hear you heard that they have a specific date in mind......excellent news!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful stay!!!!!

I just posted on another thread it`s suupposed to open soon......

Good to hear you heard that they have a specific date in mind......excellent news!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful stay!!!!!
Good to hear - I do hope they will get all the staff back - they bartenders here were key to the success IMO

Coming to stay at Sapphire Falls 3 weeks from today :)!

Just wondering where the laundromat is & does it take coin and/or cash credit card?

Since we're going at an especially sweaty time of the year, trying to decide whether to do laundry mid way thru or take an extra suitcase (we're local & will be driving.)

TIA!

Coming to stay at Sapphire Falls 3 weeks from today :)!

Just wondering where the laundromat is & does it take coin and/or cash credit card?

Since we're going at an especially sweaty time of the year, trying to decide whether to do laundry mid way thru or take an extra suitcase (we're local & will be driving.)

TIA!

It takes both, we used coins on all occasions we used the laundry.

The laundry rooms in Sapphire are large and they have a lot of washers and dryers.

It`s right down on the bottom floor of each Guest House and you have to walk all the way along a corridor and it`s way at the end.

It takes both, we used coins on all occasions we used the laundry.

The laundry rooms in Sapphire are large and they have a lot of washers and dryers.

It`s right down on the bottom floor of each Guest House and you have to walk all the way along a corridor and it`s way at the end.
Thank you so much!

Does anyone know if the pool slide is open during the week? We called when we booked and they said yes, but I just read a TripAdvisor review that said it was closed.

Sapphire Falls will close indefinitely.

No details yet as to how long it`ll be closed for. More to follow........

Holey Snikeys! This is the first I had heard of this! Doing some googling, I see that Aventura is also closed, and that the first bookable date for these hotels is 01Jan.

Sapphire Falls will close indefinitely.

No details yet as to how long it`ll be closed for. More to follow........
Just saw this....we check in Sun 8/16 & check out 8/21 & haven't been sent an email or anything. Hope we get to stay there. Guess I'd better give them a call tomorrow.

Holey Snikeys! This is the first I had heard of this! Doing some googling, I see that Aventura is also closed, and that the first bookable date for these hotels is 01Jan.

Yep, looks like next year before they reopen again.

Such a shame I know many were looking forward to staying there for the first time in upcoming trips.

Just saw this....we check in Sun 8/16 & check out 8/21 & haven't been sent an email or anything. Hope we get to stay there. Guess I'd better give them a call tomorrow.

They will close from August 21st, so your trip will still be ok I’d imagine, I’d still give them a call anyway just to clarify.

2 Universal Orlando hotels will shut down on Aug. 21

2 Universal Orlando hotels will shut down on Aug. 21
By MARK SKONEKI and DEWAYNE BEVIL
ORLANDO SENTINEL |
AUG 14, 2020 AT 8:14 PM

Two of Universal Orlando’s signature hotels — the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and the Aventura — will close on Aug. 21 amid the tourism struggles brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.

The moves come as Loews Hotels said it “decided to consolidate our hotel operations as we manage through current conditions.”

“We will be operating the Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites and temporarily suspending operations at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Universal’s Aventura Hotel as of August 21,’' a statement from Loews said Friday. “Guests with reservations at Sapphire Falls or Aventura will be accommodated at our other hotels.”

Universal, Disney World and SeaWorld all are operating at greatly reduced capacity because of the pandemic.

Comcast, the parent company of Universal, on July 30 released earnings showing Universal parks’ revenue fell 94% from nearly $1.5 billion in 2019 to $87 million in the second quarter.

The next day, Universal Orlando laid off an undisclosed number of workers. The company had already revealed it was delaying construction of a new theme park called Epic Universe.

“We are prioritizing daily operations and shorter-term projects and continuing our pause on longer-term projects such as Epic Universe as we allow the tourism industry to recover,” a statement from the company said.

They will close from August 21st, so your trip will still be ok I’d imagine, I’d still give them a call anyway just to clarify.

Hubby & I discussed what to do this morning & decided we're going to just show up at SF tomorrow morning & hope for the best! We're locals so have mega flexibility & we never unload our car 'til we get our room assignment anyway.

Push comes to shove I can book RPR on my phone day of if need be, but I think we're going to actually be OK. Our dates are still showing available for booking even now on the website. I'm quite certain Universal isn't going to leave us high & dry, LOL. I'm not all about wasting valuable packing time sitting on hold :yay:!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!