The bald and the beautiful take on the World! Now a 2018 PTR!

reyasmommy

DIS Veteran
WOW!!!

It feels so good to be back on the DISBOARDS again! It’s been a LONG time since I’ve read or written any kind of trip report and I’m so excited to start planning our next family Vacation! :dogdance: I always found this site to be extremely helpful and encouraging when doing my research and planning. (I have also met some amazing people along the way). Surprisingly, NONE of my friends understand my obsession with Disney and are always asking why I rarely go anywhere else? Its not that I don't want to travel anywhere else, I'm just most happy when I'm at Disney! WDW and DLR has always been my Happy Place since the first time I walked thru the gates back in 1996! That’s why I love the DISBOARDS! I appreciate having others who share in my excitement, offer advice and are willing to follow along on my journeys. So, Thank you! :thanks:

giphy.gif

As of now our trip will consist of:

*3-4 Days at Universal Studios

*4 night Cruise

*8-9 Days at Disney World

Dates - May/June 2019

upload_2018-5-2_19-27-56.png

I am also in the process of planning a dream Vacation with my Husband this Summer.. We are going to Paris and London for my 40th birthday! ((Kid free)) We have been saving and planning for nearly 2 years and I can’t believe that we are less than 66 days from jumping on a plane and leaving the country for the first time! So working on two vacations at once will keep my mind nice and busy and having my Disney Trip to look forward to after we get back from London will be helpful in keeping the post-vacation blues at a minimum.

giphy.gif

(Of course no trip to Paris would be complete without a visit to Disneyland Paris, and I’m willing to share that experience with you as well)

:tinker:

Next Post …… Cast of Characters and Pictures

Last edited:
Introductions

My Family
upload_2018-5-2_16-44-37.png
upload_2018-5-2_16-45-42.png

My name is Deanna! I’m a 39 year old, stay at home Mom/Wife. My love for Disney started back in 1996 when my Grandma, sent me to WDW with my boyfriend ((Now Husband)) for my High School graduation. The second I walked through the gates of the Magic Kingdom, I was hooked! Since then I’ve been over a dozen times, have visited Disneyland 8 times, and taken 2 magical Disney cruises. My husband and I even got married at the Polynesian back in 2001. We’ll be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary this June!

upload_2018-5-2_16-43-17.png

Will (DH) 42- This amazing man works hard to support our family! I’m blessed to have someone who loves us so much and is willing to visit Disney over and over and over again. He’s willing to do whatever it is to put a smile on his family’s face!
upload_2018-5-2_16-30-44.png
((My all time favorite picture from Space Mountain 11/17))
I'm one lucky lady!!! :love:
upload_2018-5-2_16-31-12.png

Reya (DD) 12 Years Old /6th Grade - Reya has been traveling between Disneyland and Disneyworld since she was about 6 months old! The first few years she was scared of almost EVERYTHING! We couldn’t even go on the tame family rides without her crying. ((POTC, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White)) She also feared all the costumed characters. We went to a Character breakfast once and she hid under the table the whole time. She was in love with all the princesses though, oh my gosh, she LOVED those Princesses! She also loved the food, music, shows, and outdoor rides! She eventually got over her fear and learned to love MOST of the rides and Characters. I admit I miss the days when she would dress up as a princess, and just glow whenever she saw Cinderella or Snow White. It’s amazing how fast they grow out of that phase. :( I love looking back on photos throughout the years of our vacations and seeing how much she’s changed So many AMAZING memories!
upload_2018-5-2_16-32-19.png

Jayden (DS) 8 years old/2nd grade - Jayden has been traveling between Disneyland and Disney World since he was 3 months old. He’s always been a little braver than his big Sister and was never really terrified of anything. He still won’t go on anything that goes up upside down and hates the ToT. He loves Disney almost as much as me! Everyday, he gets on youtube and watches videos about all the Disney Parks and loves giving me random information as often as possible! He also tells me on a daily basis how much he misses Disney. I cannot wait to take him back and hopefully I can get him on ALL the rides this time?
upload_2018-5-2_16-33-8.png

Even though they aren’t traveling with us, I thought I’d share pictures of our other family members.

Buffy (15 years old)
upload_2018-5-2_16-33-33.png

Charlie (4 years old)
upload_2018-5-2_16-33-55.png

Hunter (6 months old)

upload_2018-5-2_16-34-57.png

Last edited:
I'm in! I'm planning for January 2019 so I'm with you on waiting for 2019 packages to be released.
I'M SO IMPATIENT!

I'm in! I'm planning for January 2019 so I'm with you on waiting for 2019 packages to be released.
I'M SO IMPATIENT!
YAY!!!!!! :welcome:

I know, it's so hard to wait! It's probably best for me, because I still have a lot of planning to do for my upcoming trip in July. I also have a major case of depression when I come back from vacation, so having my Disney Trip to work on the second I get back will definitely help with that.

Any idea on when they start releasing prices?

YAY!!!!!! :welcome:

I know, it's so hard to wait! It's probably best for me, because I still have a lot of planning to do for my upcoming trip in July. I also have a major case of depression when I come back from vacation, so having my Disney Trip to work on the second I get back will definitely help with that.

Any idea on when they start releasing prices?

Well last year they released them on 6/20 so hopefully mid June if not earlier. I also have to wait for the military discount renewal as well.

I seem to have passed some of my Disney Obsession to my DD!

In Language Arts she had to choose a person she admired and believed made an impact in this world and do a huge project/presentation on him/her. She of course chose Mr. Walter E. Disney !

She did everything herself and even drew and cut out the castle with her own hands!

SO PROUD!!!

Here’s a few pictures of the finished product.

upload_2018-5-3_10-32-11.png

upload_2018-5-3_10-33-5.png

upload_2018-5-3_10-33-59.png

upload_2018-5-3_10-35-37.png

upload_2018-5-3_10-36-17.png

I’m anxious for Disney to release prices so I can make hotel reservations and make this trip feel a little more official.

Until then, I’ve been thinking about hotel we should stay at.

Our past visits we’ve stayed at:

* Caribbean Beach Resort
*All Star Movies Resort
*Art of Animation (Little Mermaid and Cars Suite)
*Port Orleans Riverside

We have stayed off-site a few times and have had some great experiences but, staying on-site at Disney is a million times better and will probably be the only way we go from now on.

I know there’s a LOT of construction currently going on at a few of the resorts, and I haven’t been keeping up to date on any completion dates. However, I'm pretty sure we’re going to go with a Moderate Resort.

My top 3 Choices

Caribbean Beach Resort
upload_2018-5-3_22-57-23.png

Coronado Springs Resort
upload_2018-5-3_22-58-14.png

Port Orleans Riverside

upload_2018-5-3_22-59-40.png

We absolutely loved Riverside! ((I think it was in 2014)) It was so relaxing and beautiful! I loved all the trees, and walking along the river was one of my favorite things to do. We had a Royal room which my kids absolutely loved, especially since Reya was still into princesses at the time. I really don't think I have one negative thing to say about the resort. I'd love to go back, yet I'd also like to try something new.

(Outside of our building)
upload_2018-5-3_23-24-36.png

(Jayden sleeping in his ROYAL bed after a 10 hour drive)
upload_2018-5-3_23-25-48.png

We haven’t stayed at Caribbean beach in over 15 years, and I know it’s going through a major transformation right now.
Does anyone know when everything is going to be completed? I definitely don't want to stay if there's a bunch of construction going on. I do have some wonderful memories of the place and think it would be nostalgic to go back, but not if everything is fenced off and there's a lot of noise.

I’ve always wanted to stay at Coronado Springs and I’ve seen pictures of the newly refurbished rooms, I think they look amazing! Does anyone know when the updates and construction are supposed to be finished here as well? I heard this resort is massive and it can be a far walk to the food court and main building.

Any thoughts, tips or suggestions on where to stay?

Last edited:

Our FAVORITE SWEET SNACKS

*Mommy*

Carrot Cake Cookie from Disney Studios - ( Is it weird that I still want to call this MGM Studios?)

upload_2018-5-4_11-51-8.png

*Daddy*

Nutella/Fruit Waffle from Sleepy Hallow/Magic Kingdom

upload_2018-5-4_11-52-44.png

*Reya*

Any kind of decorated caramel Apple from Main Street
( Poor thing just got braces a few days ago and can't enjoy this for awhile)

upload_2018-5-4_11-55-11.png

*Jayden*

Grey Stuff at Be our Guest

upload_2018-5-4_11-56-42.png

What are your favorite sweet snacks?

What should we try?

Come on lurkers ….. Come out, come out, wherever you are !

Help a girl out!

Bonjour !

giphy.gif

Like I had mentioned before……

I’m currently planning a trip to Europe for this summer! My husband had surprised me, on Christmas Day 2016 with a Fodor's Book to France and told me that he was taking me on my dream vacation to PARIS for my 40th birthday! Here, it is, almost 16 months later, and our trip is just around the corner. I can’t believe how fast time passes us by!

upload_2018-5-4_14-17-46.png

This will be the first time I have ever left my kids for more than a night! It’s been over 13 years that my husband and I have taken a vacation, just the two of us. I’m extremely nervous about leaving them but I’m also excited about spending some one on one time with DH ! This will also be the first time either of us have ever left the country, it’s going to be an amazing adventure!

giphy.gif

Most of the planning is complete! Airfare, hotels, tours, Eurostar tickets, Museum passes are booked and paid for and my itinerary is almost complete! I found that booking any kind of hotel in Europe needs to be paid ASAP and almost everything is non-refundable unless you want to pay a fortune for non-refundable rates. So, our hotels have been reserved for several months now because prices were rising on a weekly basis. Planning a European vacation has been really challenging (especially because I know zero French) but sooooooooo much fun!

Nobody was surprised when I said that I wanted to visit Disneyland Paris while we were in Paris. My husband rolled his eyes and was a little annoyed by the thought of it but, realized quickly that it was MY birthday and he just wants me to be Happy. I truly am lucky to have him! Since then he has really come around and is almost as excited as me!
giphy.gif

Anyway..........

upload_2018-5-4_18-42-22.png

Less than 66 days and I get to see this Magical Castle!

Last edited:
So, we really wanted to go on a 3rd Disney Cruise, but it’s just not in the cards this go-round. Disney wanted over $3,000 more than Royal Caribbean did for a 4-day cruise. It departs the same day and is basically the exact same itinerary except Disney goes to their private island (Castaway cay) and Royal Caribbean goes to their private island. ( Coco Cay)

giphy.gif

I made reservations for a Junior Suite with balcony up on the lido deck. There are only 6 rooms on that entire floor and it’s right next to the Spa and Solarium. (Adult only pool)

Although it’s not Disney, I am excited to try something new and to go on a little tropical getaway. I always save the best for last and that’s why we’ll do a cruise before our 8-9 days at Disney World.

giphy.gif

We’ll be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas. It’s one of the older ships but it’s currently under a massive refurbishment right now! Some of the changes are going to be them adding :

1. Sky Pad (Virtual bungee trampoline)

upload_2018-5-9_13-14-46.png

2. The perfect storm (Double Water slide)

3. Flow rider (surf simulator)

4. Glow in the dark laser tag

5. Clue room

6. New restaurant by Jamie Oliver

7. New Sushi restaurant

8. Retro Polynesian-themed bar

9. Starbucks

upload_2018-5-9_13-17-22.png

They are also doing a lot of exciting things to their private Island.

giphy.gif

Looks pretty exciting!

I really wish we could go on Disney again, and I know we will in the future but I just can’t justify spending double on a four day cruise.

((Just for fun I'll post pictures of our last Disney Cruise next time I post))

Happy Wednesday everyone!​

Over the weekend I was wondering to myself why I was doing a PTR? Then my DD started reading one of my first trip reports I ever wrote. She started with a report I wrote all the way back in 2007, when she was only 18 months old.((She 12 years old now)) I swear she sat on the couch allllllll day reading all my past PTR’s and TR’s and was just full of questions and delight. I loved being able to explain everything to her and relive a lot of those memories. Even though she doesn’t remember them, I DO, and I was quickly reminded WHY I was doing this!

Reyas 1st trip to Disney World

upload_2018-5-9_15-37-5.png

upload_2018-5-9_15-37-46.png

upload_2018-5-9_15-38-24.png

upload_2018-5-9_15-39-17.png

upload_2018-5-9_15-42-12.png

I'm sure you noticed the lack of hair on her little head! ((Just like her daddy)) Which helps explain the title of my PTR's and TR's!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm in!

I'm so excited for all of your upcoming trips! I cannot wait to read more about them!

Some of my favorite snacks are cream cheese pretzels (I know, not exactly sweet), cake pops, napoleon, things from the Karmel Kuchen, fudge.

I'm in!

I'm so excited for all of your upcoming trips! I cannot wait to read more about them!

Some of my favorite snacks are cream cheese pretzels (I know, not exactly sweet), cake pops, napoleon, things from the Karmel Kuchen, fudge.

:welcome:
YAY!!!!!! I was beginning to think I really was talking to myself. (Which is still fine, right?!)

Ohhhh my...... Cream cheese pretzels sound like heaven. I will have to put it on my list!

Thanks for reading!

:welcome:
YAY!!!!!! I was beginning to think I really was talking to myself. (Which is still fine, right?!)

Ohhhh my...... Cream cheese pretzels sound like heaven. I will have to put it on my list!

Thanks for reading!

I often feel that way. It's all good.

Yes, they are so so so amazing. Warm pretzels stuffed with sweet cream cheese. You used to get these from the Lunching Pad at MK. I'm not really sure where you can find them now, sadly. That's one of my missions in November!

Happy Saturday!

Went to a movie with DD this morning and now I’m watching Disney World youtube videos and working on our Paris trip! Time to Relax!

giphy.gif

I’m going over the Itinerary for our trip for about the 20th time, and I’m sure I’ll go through it another 20 before we leave! (Just like my Disney Trips)

giphy.gif

This will be the first time we’ve left the kids at home and we’re super lucky, to have some friends and family, to help us make this possible... My best friend is staying at my house for the first week to watch the kids and puppies. My Dad is staying at my house the 2nd week to watch the puppies and housesit and then the kids are staying with another friend until we return!

We have our airline reservations taken care of! We’ll be flying out of Denver non-stop on Norwegian airlines at 6pm and landing in Paris the following day at 10:30 in the morning! ((9 Hour flight)) Since it’s my BIG FOUR-OH we splurged a little! We will be flying in the Premium Economy cabin, so we won’t have to sit next to anyone, we’ll have extra leg room, and we can recline our seats, so we can hopefully get a good night sleep. I’m almost positive DH will be passed out before the plane even leaves the ground and I’ll be wide awake, snacking, and watching movies! I’m a nervous flyer and I think my anxiety will keep me awake.

upload_2018-5-12_17-58-9.png

After we arrive in Paris I’m hoping to get checked into the hotel, grab lunch, shop for a few items that we’ll need, and then go back to the hotel for a long nap to help with any jet lag.

upload_2018-5-12_18-3-52.png

giphy.gif

After we freshen up, unpack and take our nap we’ll head out for the night. Probably just walk around the area and visit the Eiffel Tower !!!!

upload_2018-5-12_17-59-29.png

FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL READING .............

Day 2, we’ll try to cram all of these things into one day. Can we do it?!!? So much to do and so little time!

Opera

upload_2018-5-12_18-0-40.png

Galleries Layfayette

upload_2018-5-12_18-2-1.png

d'Orsay Museum

upload_2018-5-12_18-6-44.png

Arc de Triomphe
upload_2018-5-12_18-7-50.png

Du Quai Branly Museum

upload_2018-5-12_18-9-35.png

Last edited:
Hi Deanna!
I followed you over from my TR - glad to have found your PTR as your trips sound amazing! Happy 40th! there is no better way to do it than with Disney! I did that 2 years ago on my 40th - Disney cruise and Disney World. It was one of the best trips ever, although I say that about every trip! LOL.
Your summer trip to Europe sounds amazing. I have not tackled Europe yet but when I do, DLP is a must! I've been to London a few times before but that was for work many years ago. They hadn't even had that Harry Potter Studio tour yet otherwise I'd definitely be in.

I want to say what a beautiful family you have. I love that you and your DH are HS sweethearts. I think that is sooo adorable. I went to a very small high school and there were...slim pickin's if you will. :lmao: I met my DH after college which is not as romantic, LOL. Your kids are so cute. I understand your daughter being scared of characters. My niece Caylee did not like them at all. Hopefully she will grow into them too! I love how they have grown up with Disney!

Your choices for resorts look nice. I heard to avoid CBR and to go ahead for CSR. Riverside also looks beautiful. I've only stayed at POFQ which I really liked too.

I'm already planning 2019 trips already - Have a tentative one for January and possibly February and early May.

Looking forward to more!

Su-Lynn

Hi Deanna!
I followed you over from my TR - glad to have found your PTR as your trips sound amazing! Happy 40th! there is no better way to do it than with Disney! I did that 2 years ago on my 40th - Disney cruise and Disney World. It was one of the best trips ever, although I say that about every trip! LOL.
Your summer trip to Europe sounds amazing. I have not tackled Europe yet but when I do, DLP is a must! I've been to London a few times before but that was for work many years ago. They hadn't even had that Harry Potter Studio tour yet otherwise I'd definitely be in.

I want to say what a beautiful family you have. I love that you and your DH are HS sweethearts. I think that is sooo adorable. I went to a very small high school and there were...slim pickin's if you will. :lmao: I met my DH after college which is not as romantic, LOL. Your kids are so cute. I understand your daughter being scared of characters. My niece Caylee did not like them at all. Hopefully she will grow into them too! I love how they have grown up with Disney!

Your choices for resorts look nice. I heard to avoid CBR and to go ahead for CSR. Riverside also looks beautiful. I've only stayed at POFQ which I really liked too.

I'm already planning 2019 trips already - Have a tentative one for January and possibly February and early May.

Looking forward to more!

Su-Lynn

HI!!!! I'm so happy you came over! I love your TR!

There is noooooo way you're 40!

Thanks for all the sweet comments. I am super lucky to be married to my High School sweetheart. My senior prom was our first "official" date!

I think you right, I'm going to skip CBR.... CSR should hopefully be finished before we leave and if not we'll go to Port Orleans!

Thanks for reading!

I Hope all you wonderful Mothers, had a Magical Mothers Day and were treated like Queens. My only requirement was that I did NOT have to clean one dish, do a load of laundry or break out the 409! Mothers Day is MY day OFF!!

giphy.gif

I did get some lovely flowers, cards, and a beautiful frame with the Eiffel Tower for my Paris trip!

Mickey Ears for DLP/WDW

upload_2018-5-14_20-56-5.png

And this sweet thing from my DS

upload_2018-5-14_20-57-34.png

upload_2018-5-14_21-0-45.png

Anyway ...... Since I was speaking Cruises a few days ago, I thought Id share just a few from our last one.

upload_2018-5-14_21-2-19.png

upload_2018-5-14_21-3-16.png

upload_2018-5-14_21-4-50.png

upload_2018-5-14_21-5-32.png

upload_2018-5-14_21-6-2.png

upload_2018-5-14_21-6-38.png

More to come ....

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-14_21-7-19.png
    upload_2018-5-14_21-7-19.png
    408 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
So many trips!!! Or more to the point ONE super EPIC trip, and a little jaunt to Europe ;)
What a fantastic year you have lined up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!