The bald and the beautiful take on the World! Now a 2018 PTR!

- Hmm, maybe 20-30 minutes depending on the crowd level that day. FoTLK is probably the most popular, but there's also going to be the Up! show that is new as well.
- You can check out Harambe Market as there's lots of different things there. Also Pongu Pongu in Pandora has that pineapple cream cheese lumpia (egg rolls).
- Not sure why it's closing earlier, but maybe there's an event that night?
- It's worth seeing once. I thought it was ok...it's not an exciting show but very mellow and more about the music and the floats. I prefer pyrotechnics, LOL.

I really don't think you need to worry at all. My sister is a big girl and she was fine. She said her calves were actually the most uncomfortable in the restraints, haha. There's also a tester chair in front, but I really think you'll be fine!

How exciting! What an amazing surprise!

OMG this is the sweetest thing ever. Really shows how the CMs work to bring the Disney magic!! Awesome.
Thank you! You're so awesome and I love all the advice, I really appreciate hearing feedback! I forgot about the pineapple cream cheese egg rolls. I definitely need to try those. Yummy!

I’m trying to decide if we should do Ohana for breakfast on our first day. We’ll be arriving at 6:45 in the morning and I know I’m going to be exhausted since our flight is leaving at 12:15 am. Hopefully the kids will be able to sleep but I’m almost positive I won’t. I’m terrified of flying, and it’s too short of a flight to drug myself up. I’m also hoping that we can get a room early, so we can all nap for a while. However, I would really like the kids to see where Mommy and Daddy got married and I know they would love the Character breakfast. They did go back in 2012, but don’t remember it at all.

* Pictures from that visit~ The Stitch is one of my all time favorite photos!
upload_2018-6-1_17-4-46.png

upload_2018-6-1_17-6-51.png

** Oh my goodness.... we were just babies back then! We had already been together for 5 years at this point**

upload_2018-6-1_17-10-6.png

*** My wedding cake topper**
upload_2018-6-1_17-11-1.png

What amazing memories!!!!

giphy.gif

I just binge read your PTR from beginning to end and am really enjoying it! Your family is adorable!

We have to wake up 5:00 am, so we can catch a 4 hour bus to Mont St. Michel! I think this is one of the things I’m looking forward to the most. We will walk to the Trocadero to catch our bus, and pick up a few pastries and watch the sun-rise from the steps!
Oh, you are going to LOVE this. My trip to Mont St Michel was one of the highlights of my 30th bday trip to France (22 years ago....yikes!)

Fast forwards to 12 hours later …………………………………. I have reservations paid in full for a quick getaway in 62 days!!
Wow!!!! That is the way to do it!

The FP’s I did manage to get aren’t bad, I just don’t like how spread out the times are. I’m not used to going during summer and during busier times, so I’ve never really had this issue.
Refreshing and modifying FPs works really well. You'd be amazed what you can get, even day of!

Well, I couldn't decide whether we should do two days at Magic Kingdom or two days at Epcot. So the only logical solution is to add an extra day, right?!?
The best AND most logical solution!

Explore and meander the Oasis. We always rush through here and never actually look at the animals. Since this will be our first time being here at a Magic Morning opening, I thought we could take a little more time than usual.
I did that last summer on my solo trip and really enjoyed it.

Lunch at Satu’li ((First Time))
Satuli is amazing!

This…… This is why I love Disney soooooooo much!!!!
Me too! Disney Magic is like nothing else!

Hello! :welcome:

I've been reading your PTR as well... I'm so glad to have you here! :yay:

I am so excited for Mont St. Michel, looking at pictures it doesn't seem real...… Actually my entire trip doesn't seem real!

:wave: I just foun your trip report following you over from mine and this trip sounds so amazing!!! My husband actually proposed in Paris in 2000 (we were college sweethearts and on an organized trip) so looking at your Paris plans brings back lots of sweet memories :love:

I'm loving seeing all the pictures, too! I wish I could figure out how to add them in on mine but every time I try it just becomes a red x. You've inspired me to see if I can hunt down a tutorial or something :)

Can't wait to follow along on the rest of your planning!

So sad we only get to spend one day at Animal Kingdom, but I just have to remind myself that we'll be back next year at this time!

Here's a few pictures from our previous trips.

~ The one and only time, we will ever do face-painting in florida --- It turned out beautiful, but didn't last long in the hot weather~

upload_2018-6-3_9-19-24.png

upload_2018-6-3_9-21-25.png

upload_2018-6-3_9-23-43.png

~ Jayden passed out at Rainforest Café after an exhausting day at Animal Kingdom~

upload_2018-6-3_9-27-24.png

~ Baby Jayden and Reya with their cousins Breanna and Valerie~
upload_2018-6-3_9-28-52.png

upload_2018-6-3_9-30-18.png

upload_2018-6-3_9-30-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-3_9-22-17.png
    upload_2018-6-3_9-22-17.png
    617.9 KB · Views: 1

:wave: I just foun your trip report following you over from mine and this trip sounds so amazing!!! My husband actually proposed in Paris in 2000 (we were college sweethearts and on an organized trip) so looking at your Paris plans brings back lots of sweet memories :love:

I'm loving seeing all the pictures, too! I wish I could figure out how to add them in on mine but every time I try it just becomes a red x. You've inspired me to see if I can hunt down a tutorial or something :)

Can't wait to follow along on the rest of your planning!
Hello ! :welcome:

That's so awesome, what a perfect place to get engaged. My engagement wasn't quite as romantic, but we won't talk about that. lol

Go to where it says (Welcome to the Dis)
Click on (FAQ's)
And go down to where it says (How to post a picture)

Hope that helps ;)

I didn't know that Yak & Yeti had breakfast options!

What a precious story! Disney to the rescue!

I didn't know that Yak & Yeti had breakfast options!

What a precious story! Disney to the rescue!
The outdoor cafe' does. I'm tempted to make reservations for the Full service restaurant for lunch or dinner. It looks delicious, but my kids are picky eaters.

I just had to share these pictures. The first one is Reya (in the middle) with the Fairy Godmother back in 2010, and then the other picture is from 2017 at DLR! I can't believe how much she has grown! I think I only have 1 inch on her, she'll be taller than me any day now!

upload_2018-6-3_22-0-36.png

upload_2018-6-3_22-1-8.png

28 Days!!

giphy.gif

I’ve been planning, planning, planning!

giphy.gif

My DS is still in School, his last day isn’t until June 22nd. He’s been in a year-round school the last couple of years and they start summer break much later than the rest of Colorado. As a result, I’ve been able to concentrate on my trip planning.

I’ve got the rest of my PARIS itinerary complete.

Side note:

I’m a little sad because this will be the first year I won’t be with my kids and my BFF’s for the 4th of July. I’m going to have my daughter Facetime me when the fireworks begin. This will be my wake-up call for the following morning since it will be around 5:30 am on the 5th in Paris.

giphy.gif

July 6th

* St. Sulpice Church

* Luxembourg Gardens

upload_2018-6-4_22-1-36.png

*Pantheon

upload_2018-6-5_15-29-5.png
*Shakespeare’s Bookstore

*Explore the Latin Quarter

upload_2018-6-4_22-14-16.png
* St. Severin Church

* Notre Dame

upload_2018-6-4_22-2-39.png

* St. Chappelle

upload_2018-6-4_22-7-9.png

* Pompidou

Last edited:
July 7th

Spend the morning/early afternoon exploring Versailles

upload_2018-6-4_22-24-38.png

Go back to the hotel to nap, then walk to the Military Museum and Napolean's tomb.

upload_2018-6-4_22-27-41.png

Just saw your thread - my gosh i remember reading your reports when Reya was a baby! You have so many exciting trips coming up! You'll have an amazing time in Paris, no matter what you see or do there everything is so interesting. Can't wait to read more about your upcoming trips! :flower1:

Just saw your thread - my gosh i remember reading your reports when Reya was a baby! You have so many exciting trips coming up! You'll have an amazing time in Paris, no matter what you see or do there everything is so interesting. Can't wait to read more about your upcoming trips! :flower1:

HI ! :welcome:

I can't believe you remember my past TR's ….. I think my first ones was back in 2008!? I'm actually friends with a couple people I meet on the DIS way back then. When I re-read my previous trips, it always makes me smile! It's been really nice reliving the memories with Reya even though she doesn't remember them. It definitely makes me wish she was just a baby and toddler again. Except now I get to ride RnR with her! :yay:

I'm really excited for Paris! It's a dream come true!

Thanks for stopping by! :daisy:
Your Paris plans looks great!
Thanks, and Thanks for the heads up on the Pantheon! ;)

27 days to go!!

:flower1:

July 8th ~~~ My BIG BIRTHDAY!!!!

We will pack up for the next leg of our adventure, drop off our luggage and grab some breakfast and eat in front of the Eiffel Tower! ((We’re less than a 5 min walk))

upload_2018-6-5_19-18-46.png

Then take the Metro to the LOUVE!!! ((I can’t believe I’m going to be here on my birthday! Best birthday ever!))

upload_2018-6-5_19-20-0.png

After several hours of exploring the most magnificent museum in the world, we will head to Angelina to grab some pastries.

upload_2018-6-5_19-20-55.png

upload_2018-6-5_19-22-6.png

Eat in the Tuileries

upload_2018-6-5_19-32-55.png

We will then pick up our luggage and take the train to Val’ d Euroupe. ((10 min drive from Disneyland Paris))

We will be staying at the Hotel l’Elysee for 3 nights.

upload_2018-6-5_19-26-30.png

upload_2018-6-5_19-32-18.png
After we check in, we will grab some dinner. We have a place inside the hotel called Le George, which looks fantastic or we’ll find a place within walking distance of the hotel.

upload_2018-6-5_19-34-11.png

In a perfect world, I will go to Disneyland Paris to see Illuminations, which is their fireworks/castle show. What a perfect way to end my milestone birthday! ....................However, we’ll see if we can make it that long. After the fun filled day I know we'll have, I might be too exhausted and have to wait to see it the next day? Guess we'll see.

upload_2018-6-5_19-37-5.png

End of day 8! :wave2:

I just found your PTR. So excited to be following along. Paris and London are amazing. I actually lived in London for a year. I really hope you get good weather. We went to Paris last summer and it rained every day - still fun just not the weather we were hoping for.

You will not regret flying in premium economy. We flew that last year and never want to go back to normal economy. The extra legroom really does make a difference. We are flying it again this summer to Dublin. Your Paris itinerary is awesome. We did the opera last summer as a spur of the moment thing and it was awesome. Definitely check out the bar at top of the Galleries Lafayette. If you decide not to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, definitely go up to the top of the Arc of Triomphe. It is way more reasonable priced, there is a very short line and the view is just as good. It took us 4 hours to do the Tower one night and like an hour to do the Arc and we enjoyed the Arc more. Make sure to get macarons from laduree and ice cream from berthillon right by Notre Dame. I have also done DL Paris and it was great.

Looking forward to hearing more about your summer trips and of course Disney planning.

I just found your PTR. So excited to be following along. Paris and London are amazing. I actually lived in London for a year. I really hope you get good weather. We went to Paris last summer and it rained every day - still fun just not the weather we were hoping for.

You will not regret flying in premium economy. We flew that last year and never want to go back to normal economy. The extra legroom really does make a difference. We are flying it again this summer to Dublin. Your Paris itinerary is awesome. We did the opera last summer as a spur of the moment thing and it was awesome. Definitely check out the bar at top of the Galleries Lafayette. If you decide not to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, definitely go up to the top of the Arc of Triomphe. It is way more reasonable priced, there is a very short line and the view is just as good. It took us 4 hours to do the Tower one night and like an hour to do the Arc and we enjoyed the Arc more. Make sure to get macarons from laduree and ice cream from berthillon right by Notre Dame. I have also done DL Paris and it was great.

Looking forward to hearing more about your summer trips and of course Disney planning.
Hi!

:welcome:
Glad to have you reading along. I am really looking forward to London and I'm expecting any kind of weather. I actually wouldn't mind a little rain here and there. I also think I need to watch a Harry Potter marathon before I go.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the great recommendations!:thanks: I actually bought Eiffel Tower tickets for the day of my birthday. I ended up buying them last night because they were selling out very quickly and I heard you could wait hours in line if you don't buy ahead of time. I think I paid $60.00 total for the two of use to go up to the Summit.

I added some of your recommendations to my list. Any tips or must-dos for London?

What airline did you fly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter