The BCV Effect

DownNeckBoy

Mouseketeer
So many people seem to be excited about the opening of the BCV, for various reasons. I would like to know from the "veterans" what the effect was of the opening of a new resort on its sister resorts. In other words, how did VWL affect BWV and how did BWV affect OKW? It seems to me that if you've lusted for a BWV ressie but have been sh ut out if it is not your home resort, that it should be easier once BCV opens. Do the veterans agree?:jester:

I'm sure others will have a different view and are more knowledgeable on this topic than I am. It seems that the effects of WLV were somewhat indirect by speeding the sell out of BW and OKW. I assume that many looked at the price increases and the higher points per night at WLV and decided to finish up points add ons while they could. The other item is that it appears that certain times of the year are harder to get as we have more members. This is especially true for BW and HH summer. DVC expects some of the BW preasure to ease up in a year or two, I would suspect they right. The thinking is that a large part of the increased BW utilization is that all of the OKW owners are trying out other things and once they've tried them out, things will be back to about 1998 demands. We'll see if this is correct.

I think the effect of BCV on BWV will depend on the point schedule for BCV and whether or not Storm-Along-Bay will continue to be available for pool hopping.

Many here have speculated that the point costs for rooms at BCV will be higher than those at BWV. If that is true, I anticipate a continued heavy demand for BWV reservations at the 7 month window. BCV and BWV have similar locations and amenities.

If pool hopping to Storm-Along-Bay is ended (because of the increased usage from the BCV units), that may encourage some to purchase and/or stay at BCV.

JMHO.

I agree with Carol..... If the BCV costs are too high (points wise) there will be even more demand for BWV. Even BCV owners might try for BWV at 7 months for the better views (not a road!) and points savings.

They could try to even out this factor by ending SAB pool hopping (which I would almost guess would end Luna Park hopping too, if not all resort pools), but I don't know if that would lessen the demand for BWV that much.

Personally, I'm becoming more and more happy with my choice of home resort!

My understanding is that BCV has no water views. There are views of Epcot and views of the parking lot (basically). I suspect (at least to start) they'll not have standard vs. preferred rooms, and all rooms will have the same point schedule as BWV preferred (as they did with VWL.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter