The Black Hole vs Star Wars

old lady

DIS Veteran
The Black Hole was considered a silly inaccurate movie while Star Wars is so cool.I love both actually and wish that Darth Vader would have had an encounter with Maximillian. Maybe it is because of The Black Hole ending where the mad captain mets his monster robot creature in hellish place and the surviving crew is lead to safety by Christlike figure.

The Black Hole is certainly a good movie but it occupies an interesting spot in sci-fi history in that it is a pre-Star Wars movie that was released in a post-Star Wars world. Clearly it was trying to pick up on the popularity of Star Wars, but it used older production methods and storytelling techniques (it was likely written before Star Wars came out). While it is a beautiful movie that I like a lot, it just doesn't have the energy that the audiences now expected from science fiction. It took a lot of studios time to adjust to the unprecedented new paradigm that Star Wars created.

The Black Hole has a special Star Wars connection for me. I remember when I went to see The Black Hole in theaters, the only thing that I really remember was the trailer for The Empire Strikes Back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!