The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

We saw Frozen last weekend. My DS11 has been in many shows so this was his birthday and Christmas gift from last January.
The show was really really good at parts, and just ok at others. I feel like there could be more of the special effects. Some of those parts are really good.
My son didn't like how they did Olaf. And I need to know why Elsa wears a pants suit for much of the second act.
Anna steals the show! Oh, and Sven!

That’s my worry about Once on this Island. I’m sure it will be fine but I’m kind of worried I’m going to not like it.

I’d loooooove to see Harry Potter but I’m not a fan of staying in hotels so Not sure I want to see pt 1 if I can’t see pt 2 too.

Don’t worry about Once on This Island. Most of the audience seemed to love it. It was not bad by any means; it just wasn’t my cup of tea. It got several Tony nominations, so there’s that.

Do you know whether he meant the original play or movie?

Has it been updated? Or still in the 60s?

I took it as the play, he said original cast. It didn’t scream 60’s to me but it wasn’t taking place now either. I read it as more of the 70’s, but not positive on what the intention was. So overall not much updating, but I haven’t seen it before so that’s just my take away.

Got tickets through the Broadway Lottery for escape to Margaritaville- what a fun show- it is closing next month so glad I got to see it! Also saw SpongeBob through the Broadway Lottery-sucked! That one SHOULD close!

we thought it sucked. Waste of money -at least it was cheap since we got them in the broadway lottery- I would have been pissed if we actually paid over 40.00 for it.

Can you expand on that please? I usually only get to one show a year and was leaning to Spongebob based on great reviews. Would love to hear why you have such a negative opinion of it.

Can you expand on that please? I usually only get to one show a year and was leaning to Spongebob based on great reviews. Would love to hear why you have such a negative opinion of it.

Personally if you are only seeing 1 show I would not make it this one. This is just my opinion, so many better shows to see right now.

I loved spongebob. Set, sound, costume design, choreography. Very fun. But if you are looking for something highbrow, choose something else.

The set was very good- I didn't care for the music much at all- the little kids we were near loved it though so if you are bringing little ones this may be good for them. If I only saw one show a year this certainly would not be the one I would pick. Hamilton was really a great show if you are looking for a good one to go to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter