The "Classic Disney World" idea

i see a lot of people build the old rides and attractions in gaming apps (Minecraft, etc.) - so I could totally see in some day seeing fully immersive virtual reality experiences of all these old things being developed
I think the tech to do this already exists. I'm sure Disney could come up with either VR or screen-based simulator versions of old rides.

I don't know, gang.....the more I think about this, the more I prefer Innoventions just remain 60 percent unused space and that one "KEEP YOUR HOUSE FROM BURNING DOWN" game.

I know Julie mentioned she'd like to see "If You Had Wings". I would love that, and would also love "Magic Journeys". It was the first attraction I ever did in the Magic Kingdom, and the very first time I was actually able to see something in 3-D. I still remember being mesmerized by the little boy flying through the apple blossoms, and feel I was flying too. VERY nostalgic for me!!

Didn't they move that to the Journey into Imagination 3-D theater for a little while too? I remember that because it was Kodak and they were pushing the "Making Memories" song that talked about taking pictures.

Didn't they move that to the Journey into Imagination 3-D theater for a little while too? I remember that because it was Kodak and they were pushing the "Making Memories" song that talked about taking pictures.
@sharadoc I know it was definitely both at MK and Epcot, not so sure about the location though, so you could very well be right!

First time I saw it was at MK, and when I saw it again at Epcot I thought I was losing my mind! Or at least seeing double, since I'm a Gemini! :crazy:

@sharadoc I know it was definitely both at MK and Epcot, not so sure about the location though, so you could very well be right!

First time I saw it was at MK, and when I saw it again at Epcot I thought I was losing my mind! Or at least seeing double, since I'm a Gemini! :crazy:

Nope, you were right!! I remember it went away at MK for a little while, then I think it may have been the original 3D movie at Journey into Imagination, before Captain EO.

Just checked Wikipedia - yep, here's what it says

While the pavilion itself has existed since 1982, it has gone through three significant phases. The original started out as an area in which the 3-D film Magic Journeys was played with a song by the same name by the Sherman Brothers. The Makin' Memories slide presentation, a history of photography was the pre-show presentation. (Capture little pieces of time - makin' 'em yours, makin' 'em mine)

We have the original Disney Music CD and it has that Makin' Memories song on it, so I know every word. We always listen to it on our drives.

I had actually forgotten that Magic Journeys was in MK for a time. I remember it from the Imagination pavilion but I've been visiting Epcot since 1983, shortly after it opened. It was in MK where PhilHarmagic is now for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter