The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Gloria - I've been off the site for a bit and am just catching up. I'm so sorry to hear about Arnold. I truly pray you feel God's peace in the midst of it all!

While I am completely jealous of everyone getting to go to Sunny FL and meet up (I dont ever need to go to the parks) we do have a one perk this week. We are puppy sitting for our friends John and Lisa, the same ones that gifted us with Ellie. Right now we have 3 sisters from two litters at the house. Ellie and Maggie who we went to get in February, and their newest Pickles. All of them including old miss bug (7 now!) where playing and romping, however, I do not miss the 1 and 4 am wakeup to take a puppy out.

The puppies are so cute. I have a question - Our Minnie lamp was blown over the other night from a storm that I was not aware was coming. It broke off one of her ears & not sure what type of glue do I need to purchase to fix her ear. I know Arnold said it was a special type of glue. Many thanks!

The puppies are so cute. I have a question - Our Minnie lamp was blown over the other night from a storm that I was not aware was coming. It broke off one of her ears & not sure what type of glue do I need to purchase to fix her ear. I know Arnold said it was a special type of glue. Many thanks!

Gloria, either of these will work well. Key is use some painters tape to hold globe in place to allow time to dry.
Screenshot_20201013-143945_Google.jpg

I repaired mine for this DISMeet trip and used a JB Weld product from Lowe's that had two different tubes that you mix together and then smear on the joint (it will run as it is liquidy at first). But I too used the painter tape to hold both in place (I did one ear at a time).

The issue I ran into is that the big globe head made from a different material than the ears (the globe head was shiny and stiff, the ears more plasticy. Some glues are good for one and not the other. But the stuff I used worked well enough.

Best is to treat the globe head/ears, once they are repaired, with kid gloves while storing, transporting, and using.

Ed

PS - the Loctite product in the picture above is what I used when I built the lamp initially but it was no longer in stock at my local Home Depot or Lowe's. So I had to use an alternative as noted above.

Returned home from Dismeet today and in my mail I had received a card. This was from @friendofeeyore . It was really for all of us as I had sent a flower for Arnold (GrumpyAggie) who we had recently lost. Thought I would share with you all here.
20201017_182416.jpg

20201017_182421.jpg

Gloria, know we all love you and miss Arnold very much. He was easy to get along with. I took an immediate liking to him.

@mickeyfan0805 What are you replacing it with?

Our second weekend of puppy sitting is in the books, our pups are just wore out..

1603120155541.png1603120173189.png533290

Our friends managed to squeak in a trip to Disney last Thursday through Saturday and got home last night. They left 6am Sunday morning and said the traffic on 75 and 81 sucked the big one.

We are looking at one more RV trip before we call our season done. Right now we are looking around the Charlottesville area, we hear they have some good wineries. Right now I found Devils Backbone has a RV area, plus found a few other sites to contact and see if they have any sites available. If that doesn't work, I think Luray might be the next area to check out. We don't have to spend our time driving so trying to find something not too far to visit and unwind.

Last edited:
@mickeyfan0805 What are you replacing it with?

Our second weekend of puppy sitting is in the books, our pups are just wore out..

Cute pups. Don't let my DW see them!!

Nothing exciting on the house - just vinyl. Most of the siding was fine, but we've had a few panels blow off in high winds over the past couple of years. It is an aluminum product that is no longer in production, so replacing those panels is impossible - meaning they get put back up with small dents in them. Since it was time for painting, we decided to skip the paint and put that money towards the vinyl. DW says the smallest side of the house is down with Tyvek up.

I figured it was vinyl or Hardie siding. Hope you enjoy the outcome! Our next investment will be in insulation for the attic.

We have maybe R20 up there an probably just add another layer of R28 over it.

Okay, Teamubr. It's the World Series. Are we both on the TB bandwagon? Ed ⚾

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter