The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Mrs Bert's Mom happy to hear that You and Mr Bert's Dad enjoyed your time with Number #1 Son and Favorite Daughter in Law and Grand Puppies.
Kris says you are staying at The Contemporary in April. It's a quick launch ride from there to the Dock in Ft W and a short bus ride to whatever loop they are in. Enjoy

Mrs Bert's Mom happy to hear that You and Mr Bert's Dad enjoyed your time with Number #1 Son and Favorite Daughter in Law and Grand Puppies.
Kris says you are staying at The Contemporary in April. It's a quick launch ride from there to the Dock in Ft W and a short bus ride to whatever loop they are in. Enjoy
At the Contemporary we'll have a MK view and a short trip to FtW...PERFECT!

For those keep track, we are home. Made decent time and even better it was about 50 when we got here. May have an issue for tomorrow's run, suppposed to be 37 and rain at 6 am. Too close to marathon time, if it is raining am hitting the treadmill not risking getting sick.

Kris glad you got home safe Hope trip wasn't too stressing on the Rock Stars or you and Bert. Don't tell the neighbors where you've been or you'll be accused of bringing the cold wet weather back with you.

Last edited:
Is there a Disboards app for IPhone? I got the new 10 today but can't find an app. If you know of one or what to look under, I would appreciate it.

I think the apps went away with the latest forum software upgrade about a year ago. I know the old Android app didn't work well after the upgrade. I just use to web site on my iPad.

j

That is what I thought, the older app for iPhone seemed to work pretty well from what I can remember

Thanks for the link. Looks like I will just keep my browser page set to the Dis.

Seeking advice from people that have also been to DL/CA. I've never been to Disneyland before. I've been to DTD in Anaheim several times when I have been out for conferences. I just couldn't justify a $100 ticket that I could only use for a few hours in the evening. And DTD and walking past the parks was enough atmosphere to give me a little Disney fix.

This March, about 2 weeks after we get back from a week at WDW, my DW has a conference in San Diego. I found some cheap airfare last night so DS and I are going to go out with her. We did the same thing, in reverse, several years ago when I had a conference in San Diego and DW and DS came out for a few days at the end of the conference. That time, we all drove up to Anaheim and had lunch in DTD and walked through the shops, but no parks. This trip in March, we are staying 3 days after the conference is over and I'm considering going up and actually getting tickets to DL.

I'm having a hard time justifying the $400 for all three of us to get a 1 day, 1 park ticket ($522 for a 1 day hopper to see both parks). Since I only have 1 day, I'll likely only go to DL.

Is DL neat enough to justify the $372 in tickets after we've been to WDW so many times. I feel like I'll be disappointed with "the original" given it's small foot print and being in the middle of a city, surrounded by interstates.

What about trying to do DL and CA in 1 day? Too much? Do CA instead of DL (that seems sacrilegious)?

j

We have been 6 times. It's not WDW but there is a more nostalgic feel to DL. Also some of the same named rides are a little different. The food is different. CA is also very cool. I would to DL tho. Maybe you can find some discounted tickets thru a reputable broker.

Just getting home from Lake Placid NY. Nice day out with a high of 22. Took the ferry from NY to VT and the swells where 4-6 ft. It was kinda like watching videos of cruise ships in storm weather.

Returning to Lake Placid tomorrow to pour a deck slab, will be driving home in the snowstorm tomorrow night.

Yes, it does fit Jim.

Heatwave today! We're finally expected to get up to 39, so it's a start. 17 again for tonight but should get into the 40's tomorrow. Lots of sun!

Heatwave today!
We are on day 13 of being below freezing. This morning it was around 0 again. The car said 3 on the way in. We are supposed to get above freezing on Saturday (35 for a high), but it is also coming with an ice storm that night. Long term for next week is looking promising with highs above freezing most of the days. Looks like that may be our "January Thaw"

j

I got in trouble with DW for waking everybody in the house up yelling.

Well worth it!

What?!?

'bama won??? I fell asleep in the 3rd quarter and the dogs had a sizable lead. WTH!

Congrats all you Fort friends. I was actually pulling for Alabama. St Louis doesn't have a real football team anymore, so I can root for who ever I want. And besides. Tennessee really stunk this year. :duck:

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter