The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Just an FYI, our boy Randy (@SouthAlabama5er ) is in the Wilmington,NC area trying to deliver supplies to those stranded in the severe flooding. He sent me some video earlier of flooded interstates as he was driving over there.

Prayers to all involved.

Let him know some of us are thunkering of him. Too bad he doesn't have a place to store them or I would suggest he pick up a few of the extra gators running around for GSP 2019. Just have to hope your boasting didn't fear off too many of the locals.

Well I am one week from Chicago Marathon. We will start the drive on Thursday, doing it in two days there, might be one coming home. Mallory had to have a little drama yesterday. She has a raging yeast infection in her right ear and just a normal yeast infection in the left ear. Good thing it was this Saturday. Got her to the vet. We have medicine and ear cleaner and an extra bonus got her a woohoo trim for the trip. Hopefully she handles the hotel ok. My big issue is dinner, I hope she does not bark much when we leave for dinner. We are staying right by grant park so am hoping to get her some decent park time. Also a week of medicine should help a lot.

Kris sorry to hear about Mallory's ears went through that with Katie so often she now gets her ears checked every time they go for pedicures. Now as for Chicago. Don't either you or Bert forget to pack your KEVLAR underoos and runners bibs. Not sure how close Grant Park is to Soldier Field but Dah BEARS have a bye next week and are likely to be out prowling so a little extra caution on that front won't hurt any

Kris and Bert, hope all goes well with the marathon.:thumbsup2 We will be camping in Wisconsin at our friends dairy farm so we won't be in town

Have fun Joe. I did want to bring the RV to Chicago but I thought staying near race start and finish is a better idea. Plus they allow dogs. Hopefully the rock star will love it. I am getting a little anxious so trying not to drive bert insane. Have all the running stuff packed, still have to do normal clothes and all of Mallory’s stuff.

I did want to bring the RV to Chicago but I thought staying near race start and finish is a better idea
Too bad we're not closer to Chicago, we got plenty of room in the driveway and my kids would have enjoyed Mallory

Too bad we're not closer to Chicago, we got plenty of room in the driveway and my kids would have enjoyed Mallory

Ha that would have been great. A Mallory babysitter would be nice. She really sleeps most of the day so hopefully not a lot of barking will happen at the hotel, she hates when we leave in the evening she is a little better about us leaving in the morning.

Kris you can try what I do as I go out out most nights. The Girls (Katie in particular ) are not happy as I prepare to leave. I tell them I am going to the Good Mommy and Daddy Club and will be home soon. That settles them down some and of course I can't get thru the door when I get home with the 2 of them greeting me.

Chicago is supposed to be on the cool side of the cold front, but it looks like some early Saturday rain and the humidity is going to stay pretty high. Good news is temps will be in the 60s. I'm going out camping in mid-Il this weekend. (around the I-70/I-57 area) and it is supposed to be in the 80s.

j

Kris hope the weather is good for you and Bert on Sunday, don't forget the KEVLAR underroos. Mallory looks very pleased with herself in the picture above. Just my opinion.

We're back at Gulf Shores, but since we're camperless were staying at Phoenix...1, or maybe it's 7..., or is it 32? Can't remember, they have so many.

Anyway, on the way down we came across an oddity in the middle of hwy 45.
IMAG1317.jpg

At first we thought road construction
IMAG1320.jpg
But...
IMAG1321.jpg

IMAG1322.jpg

Something you don't see every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter