The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is an easy way to walk to Disneyland from PP... HOJO is closer. Disneyland Hotel is way closer than PP and it's closer to Downtown Disney so you've got some good cheap food options.

The PPH is just over from the DLH. It's maybe an additional 5 minute walk (at the speed of two adults). You go out the back of the hotel, walk up the path towards the DLH and meet up with the DLH right by the security check point.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is an easy way to walk to Disneyland from PP... HOJO is closer. Disneyland Hotel is way closer than PP and it's closer to Downtown Disney so you've got some good cheap food options.
PP poster is correct that the PPH is an easy walk (just minutes) to the DLH bag check, which then connects to DTD -- from there it is a very easy walk to either the Monorail entrance (if open) or to the DL or DCA gates. On the walk back from the parks through DTD, PPH guests can cut through the GCH, go out the front entrance, and cross Disneyland Dr. right to the front of the PPH. (NB This cannot be done to get to DTD -- i.e. PPH guests cannot cut through the GCH to get to DCA or DTD -- but can be done to get back to the PPH.)

Hello! We are looking at changing over our reservation from Hojo to DH. We've stayed at the PP, which had a Keurig (as does the Hojo). What style does the DH currently have? Coffee as a half awake mom with hair in all directions is a big thing in my world. 🤣
**edit** On a dig, I found that they are Cuisinart. Sounds like those are not overly popular. So, leading into my next question...as we look at PP vs. DH, what would make DH the hotel to try this time instead of staying at PP again?
We went last August, and the had a 2-cup coffee machine using these pod thingies:
Here’s my “maximizing my Disney coffee buzz” routine (developed after Market House turned Starbucks & stopped giving free refills).

(1.) Before the trip: Wean myself off my regular dosage by stopping to drink any & all coffee the week leading up to our trip. Since I usually drink a lot that tends to result in some fatigue & minor headaches, which is worth it to me to not have to buy overpriced coffee in the parks all day long to match my non-Disney nursing that mug for most of my day...

(2.) I’m the only one in my family to drink coffee, so I hog all the pods. You usually get two regular & two decaf. If I, for whatever reason, haven’t used both of the regulars by the time the maid comes, I stash them away, so we get more.

(3.) I usually get oversized plastic cups with lids at my local Starbucks or Jamba Juice before we leave, one for each park day. I also get a bunch of single serve Starbucks Via packs. This way I can up the caffeine in both the coffee I make in the hotel and (since those packs are a fixture of my park bag/survival kit) in the parks. We usually buy some stuff at Vons on arrival day, so I stock up on half & half or cream (I’m not a big fan of the powdery creamer that comes with the hotel coffee, and there is a fridge in the room).

(4.) My morning routine on park days: Get both sides of the coffee machine going right after I wake up. Toss both cups of fresh coffee with one of the VIA packets and cream (I like my coffee strong, so you might be ok without the VIA) into one of the large cups I brought. On hot days I’ve also been known to get ice from the ice machine to make myself iced coffee.

(5.) Drink on the run to not miss even one second of that precious early morning park time!
☕

Last edited:
There is also a lovely coffee shop on the DLH grounds. And there's always Starbucks in DTD if you can hold off until you pass security. ;)

Hi, I was notified via email from disney travel. I booked via phone call to disney. It just said what we already know. So far in advance cant possibly be a small refurb. That a 9 month ahead warning! This is my first time back since childhood and Im
Definitely on the fence about spending to say there.
I booked recently through Disney Destinations for mid-November, and so far I've receive no email notification.

Any news on pool renovations? The website only states "The Disneyland Hotel’s pool area is scheduled for refurbishments." but it makes no mention of dates. It also states that there are renovations to the pool area but the dates mentioned are 2019 - is this a typo on their website?

I read on a blog that the E-ticket lounge, while it opens at 6:30 doesn’t serve food until 7:00. Can anyone confirm this?

Any news on pool renovations? The website only states "The Disneyland Hotel’s pool area is scheduled for refurbishments." but it makes no mention of dates. It also states that there are renovations to the pool area but the dates mentioned are 2019 - is this a typo on their website?

There isn't anything mentioned for pool refurbishment at the DLH listed. This comes up when I click on the "See Details" link:

Please Pardon Our Pixie Dust

From February 2 through fall 2020, it is possible that you may see and hear construction as we make improvements to the Disneyland Hotel. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM. Some Guest rooms will not be available during this time.

To learn more about these refurbishments, please call (714) 956-6425. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. All construction and reopening dates are subject to change.

I hope you find out more info.

There isn't anything mentioned for pool refurbishment at the DLH listed. This comes up when I click on the "See Details" link:

Please Pardon Our Pixie Dust

From February 2 through fall 2020, it is possible that you may see and hear construction as we make improvements to the Disneyland Hotel. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM. Some Guest rooms will not be available during this time.

To learn more about these refurbishments, please call (714) 956-6425. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. All construction and reopening dates are subject to change.

I hope you find out more info.

Thank you - I did find that now - that seems to be a general renovation rather than specific to the pools. I did send an email asking them so I guess I'll find out well before our trip.

This is what I was mentioning though about the pools on their website:

The monorail pool slide was closed during our visit from Feb 3-6. We didn't ask about when it would be open again.

:fish:

Thank you - I did find that now - that seems to be a general renovation rather than specific to the pools. I did send an email asking them so I guess I'll find out well before our trip.

This is what I was mentioning though about the pools on their website:

View attachment 475387
Part of the pool area was scheduled for refurbishment through Feb 7. In good ol' Disneyland fashion they have not bothered to update Disneyland's refurbishment schedule since Jan 29- at least to TA's that was the last update. Maybe they'll give an update in another week or two? The pools are supposed to remain open through the refurbishment of 2020, I take that to mean at least part of the pool area will remain open for the year.

They recently did a major refurbishment of the pools so another one hopefully isn't on the horizon. Also in the pool's favor is this is a soft goods refurbishment of rooms (carpets, furniture) not hard goods refurb of hotels (ripping out walls, digging out the pools, etc. as GCH saw a couple years ago).

Part of the pool area was scheduled for refurbishment through Feb 7. In good ol' Disneyland fashion they have not bothered to update Disneyland's refurbishment schedule since Jan 29- at least to TA's that was the last update. Maybe they'll give an update in another week or two? The pools are supposed to remain open through the refurbishment of 2020, I take that to mean at least part of the pool area will remain open for the year.

They recently did a major refurbishment of the pools so another one hopefully isn't on the horizon. Also in the pool's favor is this is a soft goods refurbishment of rooms (carpets, furniture) not hard goods refurb of hotels (ripping out walls, digging out the pools, etc. as GCH saw a couple years ago).

Thanks for the info. I can see them not being up on having their website updated.

That is good too that it's not serious renovations, so noise levels should not be too much although having someone replacing carpet above you could be pretty loud...ha ha

Thanks for the info. I can see them not being up on having their website updated.

That is good too that it's not serious renovations, so noise levels should not be too much although having someone replacing carpet above you could be pretty loud...ha ha
I'm hoping they do a good job of blocking sections off so guests aren't disturbed.

I'm also looking forward to our first report of a renovated room although that's probably a couple months out at this point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!