The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Thanks for the info. I can see them not being up on having their website updated.

That is good too that it's not serious renovations, so noise levels should not be too much although having someone replacing carpet above you could be pretty loud...ha ha
We were there Feb. 2-8, and the slide area did reopen on the 7th. It was also closed when we were there last June - I would imagine or at least hope they are done with repairs for a while!

There isn't anything mentioned for pool refurbishment at the DLH listed. This comes up when I click on the "See Details" link:

Please Pardon Our Pixie Dust

From February 2 through fall 2020, it is possible that you may see and hear construction as we make improvements to the Disneyland Hotel. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM. Some Guest rooms will not be available during this time.

To learn more about these refurbishments, please call (714) 956-6425. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. All construction and reopening dates are subject to change.

I hope you find out more info.
I did find out a bit more.
The renovations are general, mostly cosmetic improvements to rooms. They will be done floor by floor, and work has started in the Frontier Tower.
The CM I talked to did not know which tower would be the next to be worked on, but she was fairly confident the entire project could be completed by November.
I plan to keep checking in and will be happy to share.

Not up to date daily info like park hours but there is a park channel with content like things to do and see.

If you book here, is there anything that would give you better odds of getting to stay in the Fantasy or Adventure tower?

If you book here, is there anything that would give you better odds of getting to stay in the Fantasy or Adventure tower?
Booking a club level premium room or a Downtown Disney Premium view is going to give you a good shot at Adventure Tower.

Hi friends.

I was just exploring the Disneyland website, and nostalgia for our west coast 2019 trip got the better of me. I was thumbing through the official Disneyland Hotel photos, and I noticed the picture of the check-in desk showed an area with a few purple armchairs and a bunch of couches. Isn't that where the awesome "Teacup" style chairs are located? Did they get removed in the refurbishment? If so, I suspect they could have sold those for quite a pretty penny, although that's not really Disney's MO. Anyway, I wondered if anyone has a report on changes to the lobby, as well as any other changes. I hope the giant DL map on the wall stays, and I hope the historic photos stay. I LOVE the style of that lobby.

Thanks!

Hi friends.

I was just exploring the Disneyland website, and nostalgia for our west coast 2019 trip got the better of me. I was thumbing through the official Disneyland Hotel photos, and I noticed the picture of the check-in desk showed an area with a few purple armchairs and a bunch of couches. Isn't that where the awesome "Teacup" style chairs are located? Did they get removed in the refurbishment? If so, I suspect they could have sold those for quite a pretty penny, although that's not really Disney's MO. Anyway, I wondered if anyone has a report on changes to the lobby, as well as any other changes. I hope the giant DL map on the wall stays, and I hope the historic photos stay. I LOVE the style of that lobby.

Thanks!
I just viewed that on the website and I've never seen those chairs in the lobby before - albeit I haven't stayed there for 3 years. I'm guessing they may have removed the Teacup seating so it looks less apealing to children to view as a play area during the pandemic? But I do really like those purple chairs!

Hi friends.

Thanks!
Nothing has changed. That section doesn’t have teacups, those are the usual chairs. If you zoom in on the photo on the right side you can see the teacups in the section next to it.

Cool! Thanks for the update. I love the look of all of that area.
Well, this is what is was on closure. It’s still possible it looks different when it finally reopens. We have no idea if they’ll refurb it while they do the soft refurb of the rooms. At this point we don’t even know if they’ll continue with the soft refurb (I would think they would since it was started) or what it will look like/how extensive it will be.

Well, this is what is was on closure. It’s still possible it looks different when it finally reopens. We have no idea if they’ll refurb it while they do the soft refurb of the rooms. At this point we don’t even know if they’ll continue with the soft refurb (I would think they would since it was started) or what it will look like/how extensive it will be.
When we went to DTD you could see they were working on frontier tower. There were fences up and construction trucks parked there. Plus big containers in the parking lot in the back. I’m guessing they are continuing the soft refurb.

I love the GCH, but all this talk about DLH refurb is getting me excited! We loved the DLH the one time we stayed last year, but it was in need of a little TLC (mainly the headboard, which was cracking a bit).

Has anyone ever stayed at the Disneyland Hotel 2 bedroom connecting rooms? What floor and room. Planning a trip next year planning to stay there.
thanks for the info

Has anyone ever stayed at the Disneyland Hotel 2 bedroom connecting rooms? What floor and room. Planning a trip next year planning to stay there.
thanks for the info
have stayed in one but can't remember the details or when. usually do the 3 bdrms. which just opens a connecting door to the 2 bdrms.

Has anyone ever done a split stay between the DLH and GCH? Do they move your luggage for you? Our 2021 trip is gonna be bananas and rather than just picking one hotel, why not do both? 😂

Yes we did this last year. It was easy. We called the porter and they came and picked up our luggage from our room in DLH and dropped it into our room at GCH after we checked in. Totally easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!