The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Hi everyone! I had a question for anyone who bought the Oogie Boogie dress. Has anyone washed it yet? I know the directions say Dry Clean only but it’s the same material that on other things say machine wash. I’m wearing it this weekend and really wanted to wash it first since it is soooo stiff.
Hope everyone is doing well!!!

I have 10 dresses. I haven't worn all of them, but the 5 or so that I have worn, I have washed in cold and hung to dry.

I have 10 dresses. I haven't worn all of them, but the 5 or so that I have worn, I have washed in cold and hung to dry.

I think this specific dress maybe different. It has a new element to it, it glows in the dark. I believe the tag says Dry Clean Only but how many times can it be dry cleaned or machine washed (which is my preference too), before the feature fades?
They do make glow in the dark fabric paint but again, how long does it last?

Looks like

Ok, no pictures yet. I tried to get a picture of the glow in the dark but it wouldn’t show😢. But, it did still glow. Yay! Off to Epcot today with the hubby. Meeting some friends for dinner. Wearing it tonight so if we end up getting pictures, I’ll post them, sideways 🤪 tomorrow.
We’ll be back down there December 3-7....we’ll have to make plans to meet up again!

well crap - we were going to be there dec 5-12....I could have met up too!! coordinated dresses and all.....just cancelled.......put me in quite the BAD MOOD this weekend!!!!

AND couldnt book for next year because neither of the hotels we stay in are open now, so they are not taking reservations for next year yet..... even WORSE mood.......

well crap - we were going to be there dec 5-12....I could have met up too!! coordinated dresses and all.....just cancelled.......put me in quite the BAD MOOD this weekend!!!!

AND couldnt book for next year because neither of the hotels we stay in are open now, so they are not taking reservations for next year yet..... even WORSE mood.......
Once those hotels open, you may can get reservations for next year. We made our reservations for MK’s 50th (and my 45th) next October. We just grabbed one that was open so we’d at least have a spot. Once more hotels open up, we may end up switching.

Once those hotels open, you may can get reservations for next year. We made our reservations for MK’s 50th (and my 45th) next October. We just grabbed one that was open so we’d at least have a spot. Once more hotels open up, we may end up switching.

Yeah - I'm considering doing that. but there's no real advantage since I'd be making reservations to a place we wouldnt stay at. If it was a solo trip, thatd be a different story..........and there may be some of those next year.........ive got covid fatigue really bad.

Awe! I’m so sorry. Big hugs!! We will definitely all have to meet up with you can make it down.

WOW!!!! The train and snow globe look amazing! Certainly a very generous MIL you have there!

You look fantastic in the Oogie Boogie dress! It looks prefect on you! Did it glow in the dark as brightly after the warm wash?
Thank you thank you! Yes it did. I love it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter