The first opening of California Adventures

old lady

DIS Veteran
Why didn’t they have anything related to Disney especially in the Hollywood section? Disney is part of the movie business, wasn’t it? Why wasn’t a remodeling version the Country bears not put in Grizzly Run part? It fits in there.

Heck ask yourself why they built the Superstar Limo in the first place? ;) IMHO DCA was rushed out and not given the full thought and planning that it really deserved.

Yeah, I watched a video on the opening of DCA and it was a bit of a train wreck. It was conceptually flawed and built on the cheap. What's amazing is how they turned it around and made it quite a great park! The remodel and addition of Cars Land really made a difference. That Superstar Limo thing...wow. Just...what were they thinking? The funniest thing is that many of the celebrity figures are still in the Monster's Inc. ride, just dressed in CDA suits!

I always wondered the same thing about the Country Bears. It makes sense near Grizzly River Run. I agree that DCA was built on the cheap when it first opened. I remember being able to get through most of the park in a few hours as there were not as many rides. Once they built Tower of Terror, Cars Land, and re-themed the front of the park to Buena Vista with Carthay, DCA improved a lot.

I still wish they built Westcot. Yet I agree with Oswald27 that DCA has gotten MUCH better over the years.

one thing I remember about the opening summer, the days that we were there they were having record a heatwave. they were actually giving away cold bottled water.

CA is still Disneyland's little brother. I think that the ticket price should be less than Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!