The first trip of a lifetime trip report - day 10

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Day 10 Friday 21st August - Typhoon Lagoon and Universal Studios.

Well today was meant to be seaworld but after Harriet's reaction to the aquarium at Epcot we decided that probably wasn't the best plan. Instead we decided to postpone that for another trip and to visit Typhoon Lagoon that we had missed on Sunday and to return for one last evening at universal to try to get the girls their ride on RRR in the dark. I must apologise now that we seem to have no photos from this day so it may be a little dry

We had a bit of a lay in because of the later opening but were still running a bit late and managed to arrive just before opening.:scared: We grabbed ourself a spot to leave our towels and headed off to gangplank falls as I'd heard the queues for this were huge. We waited a little while and it wasn't the best ride for us. Olie hurt his back carrying the boat up the steps and Hattie fell out as we got down to the bottom, she was fine but gave herself a bit of a shock. :crutches:Luckily it didn't put her off doing more rides. Next the girls did keelhaul and mayday falls and Evie and I went to play in the kids bit near our stuff whilst Olie took the girls to do crush and gusher and Humunga kowabunga. Only Hattie was brave enough to do both. They came back to find us and we went off to do the storm slides. The girls were keen to go alone so we stood at the queue entrance and watched them go in and then sat tight on the seats watching people come down. I did get in a huge panic as the queue only said 10 minutes and they took over 30 minutes to come off. I don't know why I was worried really as we had shown them where we would be if they came back out of the queue and they are sensible girls but it is always nerve racking to give them a very little bit of freedom in a very big place.:scared: After this we spent a little time in the lazy river before getting an ice cream and reapplying sun cream as we were all feeling a little hot. We spent a bit of time in the wave pool before heading off to get changed about 12.30. :)

We got back to OKW feeling hungry and spent ages deciding on a lunch reservation. Eventually we ended up at bongos but really with hindsight we should have just grabbed a quick CS at OKW instead to give ourselves more time to relax.:confused3

We headed off to universal studios and arrived at about 6.30pm to find that we were late enough to get reduced parking charges. pixiedust:. Sadly that's where our luck ended as it was threatening a storm all evening with periods of rain so RRR was never open. As we new the rides were closed we went first into IOA and did Spiderman with about a 20 minute queue and then Forbidden Journey with about a 15 minute queue. We took the train over to US in the vain hope that RRR may open but it didn't. We caught a few minutes of the cinematic spectacular but the girls weren't really that interested so we left the park and headed back to our beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter