• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The first trip of a lifetime trip report day 15

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Day 15 - Wednesday 26th August - Blizzard beach and Epcot

This morning we got out a bit later as we were on our way to Blizzard Beach. We just about managed to arrive before opening. Once allowed in we walked around and claimed ourselves some chairs in the shade not far from the warming hut. We left our stuff and Olie took Evie into the wave pool whilst I took the older girls off so they could do slush gusher and double dipper.

We met back up with Olie and Evie - none of the girls seemed particularly interested in the slides so we spent a while in the wave pool and then had a whizz around the lazy river.

We were all feeling quite hot by now and needed to get out of the sun so we used some snack credits on ice cream and returned to our shady spot. Once our ice cream was gone we had another short dip in the pool before it was time to get changed to make it to our FP for the character spot at Epcot.

We all went off to get changed. I slipped very inelegantly in the changing rooms and managed to really hurt my hip and my inner thigh. :sad:Luckily there was nobody around to see my fall but I did have a limp for the next few hours. :crutches:

We arrived at Epcot with about 15 minutes to spare before the end of our FP window so we hotfooted it straight to the character spot and met these guys.

It was now about 2.15 and apart from an ice cream and a quick snack in the room before heading out we hadn't eaten today so chose Sunshine Seasons for our lunch before heading to the other side of the park for Mission:Space. My leg was still hurting so I sat this one our whilst Olie went on with the girls.

By now it had clouded over and was starting to spit. The plan for this afternoon was to visit the world showcase to see the countries we had missed so far and to pick up a pin Hattie had seen the previous week and not been able to find since. We decided to push on as the rain wasn't too bad and our first stop was China. We managed to ride out the worst of the shower inside. We were hoping we would be able to catch the acrobats as the girls all do gymnastics and love that sort of thing but it wasn't to be. :sad1:

We headed back on our way.

By the time we were heading towards France the rain had started again and this time it was a bit heavier. We headed into the bakery for snacks to try and ride out the storm. The place was packed and we ended up standing for ages trying to balance our drinks and trays before a kind family decided to give up waiting for the rain to pass and gave us their table. The food was lovely but the seating was nowhere near enough for the number of people. We finished our snacks and the sky was still as grey and the rain was heavier than ever so we just decided to bid farewell to Epcot and make our way back to OKW.

We had a relaxing evening and an early night ready for an early start the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter