The first trip of a lifetime trip report day 7

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Day 7, Tuesday 18th August - Epcot and Hollywood Studios Part 1

This morning we had decided to make use of the morning EMH at Epcot. We were up early and took the car so we arrived at the turnstiles about 7.30. We were aiming for earlier but unfortunately we got a little lost on the way as seemed to become a pattern for the whole holiday :snail:. We went straight to Soarin and got in to the third showing of the morning, we were back out by 8.25 and took a little trip on living with the land. I quite enjoyed this relaxing ride after a hectic start to the morning - strange really as I don't have a green finger to my name and have even managed to kill a cactus before now :sad2:. It was now about 8.45 and for some reason my plan had us now heading back to spaceship earth - none of us fancied the long walk so we opted for the seas with Nemo instead - the queue was very short and we were soon heading round in our clam shell. When we came out there was a wait for turtle talk so we headed into the aquariums. This is where we discovered that middle DD really was a little bit scared of fish :scared1:. She ran straight out at the sight of anything bigger than her hand and no reason could get her to go back and have a closer look. I'm beginning to think at this point that a day at Seaworld isn't going to work too well. :scratchin
We calmed her down and made it into the 9.30 showing of turtle talk. When we came out the park all seemed very busy and we were all very hungry as it was the first morning we had done things in a park before having a breakfast. We headed to club cool to quench our thirst before taking a very leisurely stroll to Akershus. We stopped for this piccy on the way.

We arrived at Akershus at 10.15 for our 10.30 ADR but were seated straight away. We had our photo taken with Belle - one of the reasons I had chosen this restaurant.

Robyn has always liked Belle the best because of her dark hair and I think she was secretly very pleased to meet her even though she is too old for meeting a princess to be cool.

Now I was expecting that we would meet Snow White here (who my youngest idolises) as she seems to be here virtually all the time but sadly there were a lot of poorly princesses today and we actually met Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel and Mary Poppins! Evie was a little upset initially but we told her that we would make sure to find Snow White later in the holiday.

The food was nice but we had a server in training and she seemed a bit flustered and needed help from some of the more experienced servers on several occasions. We did feel a bit sorry for her and still left her a decent tip.

After coming out of breakfast feeling rather full we took a wander around Norway and a wander around Mexico. The girls tried on a few hats before we had a ride on the fiesta tour.

After looking in a few more shops we made our way to the exit and were back at OKW by 1.00.

Last edited:
Part 2

We spent about 4 hours back at OKW during which we napped and the girls played in the turtle pond pool. We left again just after 5 to head to HS for our first visit there. Once we were parked and through the turnstiles we were virtually into the window for our first FP so Olie headed with the two big girls to RRC whilst Evie and I went to TSM. We met back by the path to TOT ready to wait and see if we would be lucky enough for character palooza to be running today. Our luck was in and even luckier for us was that Snow White was the first character we saw as we walked through the gates. pixiedust: Evie was over the moon.

We also met Stitch, Donald and the Genie. It was a very relaxed way to meet the characters and was a brilliant experience.

By now we were all hungry, once again having eaten nothing since breakfast so we grabbed some food at Rosies, including these two cupcakes. According to the girls they didn't taste as good as they looked.

By now we were in to our window for TOT. I hated this ride in Paris and it wasn't a favourite of the older two either but Evie decided she wanted to go so her and Olie went off whilst we waited for them to come back. She seemed to have enjoyed it and went on at least once more later in the trip.

We wandered into the little mermaid - we all really enjoyed this relaxation. By the time we came out it was about 8.25 and we noticed that the queue for TSM was only 25 minutes so we got in line. The queue only took 15 minutes :).
We wandered back down towards the exit to find a spot for the frozen fireworks. Olie popped into a cafe and got some drinks and we waited patiently for the fireworks to begin. We weren't in the best spot near the front but we had a perfectly good view once the fireworks started and we only had to wait 15 minutes or so for them to start. I dread to think how long some of the people near the front had been waiting. :scared1:. We all loved these fireworks, I think in fact they were my favourite fireworks but that may just have been because they were the perfect end to a lovely day. :love:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter