The Fort in July Pre TR & TR

I was going to say "HOT" because that's my normal response when I see a "Fort in July" topic.

But, it's never too early to start a Fort thread.

j

Well, I'll say it: July is "H.O.T." :beach:

And Teamubr is right, of course. Never too early!

:jumping3: Bama Ed

Thanks guys, I know it's going to be hot, but DDIL is a teacher and working for her Masters in summer, so only time we could go. We'll just work around the heat and humidity, LOL. Vacationed in St. Louis last year and it was HOT there too, go figure, hot in summer. Well counting down the days to WDW and the fort with DS, DDIL, and the 3 grandkids.

Vacationed in St. Louis last year and it was HOT there too, go figure, hot in summer.
I live outside StL. In June, July and August, it is often hotter (and just as humid) as the Fort. We used to usually go in summer months when DS was still in school. I'd joke that we were going to WDW to beat the heat.

Either way, you know what you're in for. Thanks for starting a July thread. Gives us all something to look forward to.

j

Teambr: We were there I think it was the last week of July, about 103 around there. Yep, we know what we are in for, but I work outside most of the summer in Nebraska so, kinda used to it a little bit.

So is there anyone else crazy enough, oops, I mean anyone else going in July? Or do we get the Fort all to ourselves?

At this point in time in the Midwest, just thinking about hot weather is a welcome idea :rotfl2:

I'll agree, woke up to snow on the ground again this morning, I'm ready for warmer temps!!

Teambr: We were there I think it was the last week of July, about 103 around there.

I'll agree, woke up to snow on the ground again this morning
We have barely had any snow this year. Except for a really cold spell around New Years (-2 F a couple of days), it hasn't been bad. And then we have this today.

20180311_142425-1008x567.jpg

It is right at 32, so it isn't sticking to much except the grass, but it is a bit weird since 10 days ago we were at WDW and it was upper 80s.

j

So Teambr, this is how hot it was last July in St Louis when we were there:
I drive past the arch everyday on the way to work. Pretty sure I've seen it that way a few times. :P

We had a number of people relocate to the StL area after Katrina. They were shocked at the heat and humidity. Said it was worse than New Orleans. It just didn't last as long.

j

We'll be there! Tagging a 5 day visit onto the end of a trip to TN. The kids know we are going to TN, but have no idea we are heading down to the Fort. We plan to tell them that we are taking a scenic route home through GA and the FL panhandle on the way home. We're wondering how close we can get to WDW before they figure it out! We will arrive late on Saturday, 7/21 and head home after lunch on Thursday.

mickeyfan0805: We will be there from 7/13 and leave on Monday 7/23! Can't wait to melt in Florida! 120 days, but who's counting?

mickeyfan0805: We will be there from 7/13 and leave on Monday 7/23! Can't wait to melt in Florida! 120 days, but who's counting?

Yep - the kids have reached a point where pulling them out of school for more than a day or two (tops!) is no longer a viable option. Between my work and that of my wife, most breaks are a no-go. So, we are on summer trips for a while! While we have tried to avoid it, we have done July and August before, as well as a number of September trips, so we know we can survive. It will be hot, but we've been enough now that we can afford to go in early, leave by noon, and come back after dinner without thinking we missed anything. Heat and all, we can't wait!

Last week of July for us!!!! Bring on the heat, I say, as I hide indoors here in GA on a 45-degree windy day in APRIL! We love the long park hours and full operating schedule of the parks during the summer. And also Mama can only enjoy a water park at 95+ degrees!!!

Jo*Mama: I know about the cold, last weekend, 1-2 inches of snow, I-80 in western Nebraska was shut down, we are soooooo tired of cold weather and snow. The heat and humidity don't bother us that bad, we just take it easy, They told the grandkids on Easter, have fastpass times coming up in mid-May. Most all of our other reservations are made. :cool1: Edit to add: 85 days but we're not counting. ;)

So..59 days to go!! Most hard to get fp made yesterday, some of the others we will just play by ear. Dining and dessert parties resies made, 2nd AC unit is added to camper, now just waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts