The Good News Is......

We also saved so much on gas, Starbucks, and DLR! But... (you knew there had to be a "but," right?) I think we more than made up for that with Amazon and grocery searching. I can't wait for all this grocery and supply craziness to calm down so we can at least know where we can get things, even in moderation, without all the stress!
On a related note, the (very) good news is that, like a lot of people, we've been having a hard time finding bread and flour (and general baking supplies). Called a small bakery we frequent, and they are not only still open, but they are working midnight shifts to keep our community supplied with bread! I was so grateful! Then, they called back later to say that they had decided to start selling some groceries, too, and would I like to buy some flour and sugar? This made my day!
I know! I might just break down and make my own bread lol might make a store run this weekend

My mom and I supported our favorite hair salon by purchasing product (we've been pestering them along with other clients for a week how we can help during their extended forced closure). While it would be better if they weren't in this situation, of course, I'm glad they figured out a way for their clients to continue to support them (gift cards/prepaying for any services weren't an option as it wouldn't help in the long run).

They not only hand delivered the orders to my house and gave us a couple really neat gifts for both of us, but everything was wrapped in tissue paper. Riley unintentionally got a gift too because of this:

My mom and I supported our favorite hair salon by purchasing product (we've been pestering them along with other clients for a week how we can help during their extended forced closure). While it would be better if they weren't in this situation, of course, I'm glad they figured out a way for their clients to continue to support them (gift cards/prepaying for any services weren't an option as it wouldn't help in the long run).

They not only hand delivered the orders to my house and gave us a couple really neat gifts for both of us, but everything was wrapped in tissue paper. Riley unintentionally got a gift too because of this:

View attachment 483532

View attachment 483533

What a great idea! Most salons are 'small businesses' that really depend on serving their clientele. The salon I use is owned by a single mom.

Watch the “Magic Happens” parade online:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-viewing-of-magic-happens-at-disneyland-park/
#DisneyMagicMoments: Virtual Viewing of ‘Magic Happens’ at Disneyland Park

by Michael Ramirez, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

We know Disney fans are searching for ways to bring magic and joy into their everyday lives and we’ve loved seeing some of you recreate your favorite Disney Parks experiences in your very own living rooms! In fact, you’ve inspired us to share #DisneyMagicMoments for you and your family, to enjoy at home.

Today, while we are temporarily closed, we wanted to bring magic directly to everyone at home with a special virtual viewing of the all-new “Magic Happens” parade, which recently debuted at Disneyland park! This daytime spectacular celebrates the awe-inspiring moments of magic that are at the heart of so many Disney stories. We hope you’ll gather with family at home to watch this stunning moment of magic:

“Magic Happens” features nine newly designed floats, highlighting magic from classic Walt Disney Animation Studios tales, such as “The Sword in the Stone,” “Cinderella” and “Sleeping Beauty,” to more recent stories, including “Frozen 2,” “Moana” and “The Princess and the Frog,” as well as Disney and Pixar’s “Coco.”

The new floats were created as pieces of moving art, with their lines and aesthetic design telling a story along the parade route, while also evoking a sense of magic. The stories seen in “Magic Happens” are rooted in iconic Disney lore, but the soundtrack, costume design and choreography are heavily influenced by today’s contemporary designers. Be sure to listen up for the energetic musical score and new songs, co-composed by singer-songwriter, Todrick Hall.
We hope you take time to enjoy special #DisneyMagicMoments and keep checking back for even more virtual pixie dust coming tothe Disney Parks Blog!

Good news. I went to Target to grab some baking supplies. They were of course out of the baking stuff, but I came across a huge selection of Charmin Toilet paper (30 rolls in a pack). My best friend is in one of the high risk groups, so going out to get things isn't ideal for her. Her and her sister were basically out, so I bought them a huge pack and left it at their door lol. Her sister asked if I needed anything. I said butter so she left me a stick of butter at the door since we were 6 feet away lol

Good news. I went to Target to grab some baking supplies. They were of course out of the baking stuff, but I came across a huge selection of Charmin Toilet paper (30 rolls in a pack). My best friend is in one of the high risk groups, so going out to get things isn't ideal for her. Her and her sister were basically out, so I bought them a huge pack and left it at their door lol. Her sister asked if I needed anything. I said butter so she left me a stick of butter at the door since we were 6 feet away lol
I love this! My good news is that you and your friend are looking out for each other in all this weirdness. :)
When all this is finally over and we can finally be socially up close, we all have to plan a DIS meet up from this thread (at Disneyland!) so that we can celebrate the super good news that we helped each other get through this with a seriously real group hug.

I love this! My good news is that you and your friend are looking out for each other in all this weirdness. :)
When all this is finally over and we can finally be socially up close, we all have to plan a DIS meet up from this thread (at Disneyland!) so that we can celebrate the super good news that we helped each other get through this with a seriously real group hug.

I would do a solo, one day drive down just for this honestly when it happens even if I can't plan a full trip. And the good news is I don't think my mom would bat an eye at me doing that :rotfl:

My parents were planning to come out from Vegas to help a little with my grandparents, but Nevada's governor just placed a travel advisory for the state. Anyone who returns to the state must quarantine for 14 days. So they are going to ship me supplies and ship to my grandparents' house If they don't ship them, I guess I'll just do my grandparents' shopping. My grandpa is sad my aunt won't let him go to the store anymore lol, even for the senior hours.

My parents were planning to come out from Vegas to help a little with my grandparents, but Nevada's governor just placed a travel advisory for the state. Anyone who returns to the state must quarantine for 14 days. So they are going to ship me supplies and ship to my grandparents' house If they don't ship them, I guess I'll just do my grandparents' shopping. My grandpa is sad my aunt won't let him go to the store anymore lol, even for the senior hours.
I'm glad your grandparents have you near -- that must be comforting for them with your parents unable to get here for now. Hope that the shipping thing works out for them. Do your friends use Amazon? Have them check for toilet paper at random times throughout the day. It just shows up and disappears, so you have to hit the button whenever you see it available. Sort of like scoring a boarding group! Who knew Disney was training us to buy toilet paper?! (Seriously, all that "playing along from home to get a BG" totally paid off today -- hit the "Buy Now" button so fast and made the purchase -- Score! -- that I had to go back afterward to see which brand it was. LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter