The Headless Horseman Is Returning To Fort Wilderness For The 2017 Halloween Season

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
Well, like any Disney event, it will start end of September and be offered several nights a week until October 31. Plus you get a meet-and-greet photo op with the HH hisself.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...eet-greet-coming-walt-disney-world-halloween/

Do you think tickets for this event will be reselling on StubHub soon?

I have a reservation I'm still sitting on for Halloween week and might have to check this out.

Bama Ed

PS - we did the old HH hayride years ago and it scared the kids to death....

I'm so confused, I'm supposed to pay $88 or $150 for my family of four to see a 60 year old movie and meet the headless horsemen? am I missing something?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or negative, I'm seriously wondering what it is I'm not seeing here that makes this worth the price?

As an aside, I actually just bought the DVD of Mr. Ichabod and it has the sleepy hollow and the other short film in it because I thought the kids would like something they haven't seen before to watch on the drive down and this seemed so appropriate for a Disney Halloween time trip.

I think the DVD was like 5 bucks though so that is making me wonder even more why they would price this at those rates for a meet and a greet and a pin.

I'm so confused, I'm supposed to pay $88 or $150 for my family of four to see a 60 year old movie and meet the headless horsemen? am I missing something?

Don't forget the limited edition HH pin, ruthies12. Bet you could sell it on e-bay the day after you see the movie.

And for the Premium ticket price ($16 above the General Admission price) you get a "goodie bag". Surely the contents of said bag will be worth that....

:rolleyes1

Seriously, this will find its appeal with some folks. I bet they could get big ticket sales from the walk-up crowd from folks eating at TE or visiting the Fort to see the guest decorations.

LOL, if only it included a cupcake I'd be in......

this isn't something my family would do even if it was free I don't think, my 8 yo would not like the HH and my 4 yo would be absolutely terrified. I'm not sorry to not be feeling a need to spend money on this.

I'd love to have the pin and the goody bag, but don't really want to sit through the movie. Would rather have the haunted hay ride. We may do it anyway, just for the goodies, as it's pretty cheap.

I might would pay it if it was the HH and another character, say, Chewbacca. Then I might be in for it.

Not at that price. My kids were good seeing him leading the Halloween parade at MK.

I miss the haunted hayride, that was so great, when i first saw this post, i'd thought they brought it back.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have paid nearly $20 for quite a few of my pins, so I don't think this is too overpriced. I wish they would let us know the contents of the goody bags to determine the actual value of that.

If you paid for your family, you could always sell the extra pins on eBay for more than what admission costs. I mean a meet and greet with HH is pretty cool, even if I'm not into the movie.

I'd love to have the pin and the goody bag, but don't really want to sit through the movie. Would rather have the haunted hay ride. We may do it anyway, just for the goodies, as it's pretty cheap.

FF,

I am the complete opposite of you. I'd go for the movie and the M&G but could care less about the pins and the bag. If we were there at the same time, I would offer to split the cost and I could attend the event and hand over all the stuff to you after.

To each his own I guess. :confused3

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Last Oct I wandered over to visit Tri-circle-D one afternoon and got to meet a certain brunette colored horse getting dolled up in kit that looked a whole lot like the one the HH horse wears in the MNSSHP parade. And the friend of the headless horseman just happened to be the one helping this certain horse get dressed. It was fun to talk to the "friend" about how they handle the show.

So, just saying...you can get up close and personal without paying the big bucks! :)

Last Oct I wandered over to visit Tri-circle-D one afternoon and got to meet a certain brunette colored horse getting dolled up in kit that looked a whole lot like the one the HH horse wears in the MNSSHP parade. And the friend of the headless horseman just happened to be the one helping this certain horse get dressed. It was fun to talk to the "friend" about how they handle the show.

So, just saying...you can get up close and personal without paying the big bucks! :)

Peach, not all of us are as connected as you are. :worship:

Bama Ed

I'm curious- on the nights they have this- will it replace the regular campfire/movie? And if so- how will they keep people from just wandering through that area?

I'm curious- on the nights they have this- will it replace the regular campfire/movie? And if so- how will they keep people from just wandering through that area?

I doubt it will replace the regular campfire/movie. Just my humble opinion that is.

And I'm sure Disney will do something to keep freeloaders from not paying for a portion of the event. They want their $$$$$.

Bama Ed

This past Halloween he made two appearances on 10/30. No extra fee. What is it that will be different? Will still be able to see him, or only if you pay extra?
FW Oct 2016 084.jpg

Well, like any Disney event, it will start end of September and be offered several nights a week until October 31. Plus you get a meet-and-greet photo op with the HH hisself.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...eet-greet-coming-walt-disney-world-halloween/

Do you think tickets for this event will be reselling on StubHub soon?

I have a reservation I'm still sitting on for Halloween week and might have to check this out.

Bama Ed

PS - we did the old HH hayride years ago and it scared the kids to death....

Okay, now that I know you have a ressie, I will have to try twice as hard to get mine, lol. Would love to meet up with you again. I am kicking myself for not making them when I could, but wanted to wait until after we went to make sure we would want to do it again. My DH is also checking daily and already has a golf cart design for the parade. UGH...hopefully someone will cancel when it gets closer.

I'd like to go only because it's something we have never done, however since we are going in June, I don't think we will be able to make it for the Halloween time frame. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts