The Headless Horseman Is Returning To Fort Wilderness For The 2017 Halloween Season

I'm gunna do pre event post for the moment. So just waiting on my shuttle from Universal back to my hotel. Then getting a bus to AK (going to AK to grab a few things maybe, no point trying to finish my badges or look at animals in this rain) then make my way to Fort Wilderness. I have the 10pm event.

Currenty a downpour and the wind picked up and I'm a bit cold.

https://flic.kr/p/YW3MUS

Last edited:

Ok I'm here, Row 1-5 is premium. The fan isn't bad, just helps to give a breeze. Got a big bag of popcorn and premium seats got a lunch back with the event name on it. A good handful of sweets, a mini water and lanyard and pin.

Ok so they had trouble with a light not working when taking photos and my photopass pictures are blurred/misty. I did give them my phone and that pic is great. So if you have a decent camera on your phone or just a camera in general, get that as a back up.

Ok so they had trouble with a light not working when taking photos and my photopass pictures are blurred/misty. I did give them my phone and that pic is great. So if you have a decent camera on your phone or just a camera in general, get that as a back up.

Is there a strong smell in the stables? My mom is sensitive to that zoo smell and we have a reservation for the event next week...thanks for all the info!

Is there a strong smell in the stables? My mom is sensitive to that zoo smell and we have a reservation for the event next week...thanks for all the info!

I didn't think so but I did hear someone say it stinks, not sure if it was genuine issue or joking.

Maybe by the fan would be good.

can anybody post a picture of the pin? Someone in my party only really cares about that so if it's not worth it they might cancel.

TIA :)

Any chance you could share a picture so I can get an idea of what the set up for the meet and greet is?

Considering canceling based on these posts. We could not get the premium and sounds like it may not be worth staying out so late. Worried about getting back to AOA after 10pm event which probably won't end until 11:30 at least. My husband loves the headless horseman, but afraid it may not be worth the trouble. Suggestions?

Lol, I am a frequent Disney visitor but have never paid attention to where the stables are. So is the event at the Pioneer Hall end? I thought it was up top near the parking lot...

Last edited:
Well now I want to upgrade to premium, just for the pin :). Premium was not available for our date 180 days out. Wah!

Thanks for the updates Bex!! So was the overall event better than the DBP article made it sound? Still on the fence about keeping our reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!