The Headless Horseman Is Returning To Fort Wilderness For The 2017 Halloween Season

Considering canceling based on these posts. We could not get the premium and sounds like it may not be worth staying out so late. Worried about getting back to AOA after 10pm event which probably won't end until 11:30 at least. My husband loves the headless horseman, but afraid it may not be worth the trouble. Suggestions?

You get a bus back from the settlement to the main area and then get a bus to MK or DS and swap from there. It wasn't that late, I think it was over by 11pm. We didn't have that many people at the first one.

Lol, I am a frequent Disney visitor but have never paid attention to where the stables are. So is the event at the Pioneer Hall end? I thought it was up top near the parking lot...

I just know I got off at the Settlement stop after a second bus and then followed the signs and the mulch path to the Tri Circle D Ranch. It was dark and I've been to FW before so I can't help.

Thanks for the updates Bex!! So was the overall event better than the DBP article made it sound? Still on the fence about keeping our reservation.

I thought it was a nice relaxed event away from the parks. I was doing lots of things so it was nice to do something at a slower pace. The way the HH enters was really cool - best to be surprised. The horses were in the barn as well. I was sat with the one on my right nuding thier bucket around a bit. I missed it but one on the left popped his head over the door.

From Disney Parks Blog:
Guests in both seatings, age 3 and older, will also receive an exclusive limited edition pin.
More information on the Disney Paks blog:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...at-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort-campground/

I didn't mean to make it sound like the pin was premium only, I was doing the uploads and the internet dropped out and I had to do it again.

@Bex258 Thank you so much for all of the updates & pics!!!!!! I am considering going to the earlier show. Wondering what the crowd was like at your show & if you, or any other Dissers have heard about level of participation at the earlier show?

@Bex258 Thank you so much for all of the updates & pics!!!!!! I am considering going to the earlier show. Wondering what the crowd was like at your show & if you, or any other Dissers have heard about level of participation at the earlier show?

No idea about the 8pm one. I think premium was about 4-5 seats wide and we had 5 rows and then some at the back not sure how many spots. I think there was 20 or so of us at my one.

I shall see if my photos can answer that one. I'm just downloading photos etc. I have so so many. :rotfl:

Edit:- looking over the pictures it doesn't help me answer how many I think somewhere between 30-50 seems like the maximum. Standard seat looks about 6 in a row and there's a couple of rows for those, my picture was very shadowy.

Last edited:

The night we were there was the 8pm show and there may have been 25 of us. Not sure if the rain had anything to do with it. There were a lot of empty seats.

I went to this about a week and a half ago, it was a pretty good event. We got premium and it was pretty full. The biggest issue I would say was the transport, I think it would have been much easier if staying at the campground.

We decided not to stay for the m&g as I don't agree with the use of live animals for performance but i do think it was a cool idea and I definitely would have done it if the horseman wasn't on his horse for the photo.

The bag is great quality and the water was defiinitely a nice touch :)

For those of you who have been to this, can you please answer a question? Please don't flame me. I am not trying to cheat or get something for nothing. When I heard of this event, I immediately wasn't interested because I don't do meet and greats. I have a slight fear of meeting characters. So I had no desire to "meet" the Headless Horseman. But I am wondering if he is able to be viewed from afar? I may be at Ft. Wilderness on October 31 and would love to see him from a distance. Is it set up for that to even be possible? And if so, what time would you be able to see him? I'm trying to adjust my dinner ADR around my final Halloween plans.

For those of you who have been to this, can you please answer a question? Please don't flame me. I am not trying to cheat or get something for nothing. When I heard of this event, I immediately wasn't interested because I don't do meet and greats. I have a slight fear of meeting characters. So I had no desire to "meet" the Headless Horseman. But I am wondering if he is able to be viewed from afar? I may be at Ft. Wilderness on October 31 and would love to see him from a distance. Is it set up for that to even be possible? And if so, what time would you be able to see him? I'm trying to adjust my dinner ADR around my final Halloween plans.

No he's inside the stable and the doorway is covered by the event signage so no one would be able to peak in/see from a distance. Although I'm not sure how he arrives you might catch that but it's really dark outside and they could do that at the back of the stables which would be out of sight.

His set is in the middle of the barn and they have the entry blocked off by a screen - so no, they seem to make certain you can't check what's going on inside unless you attend the event. As far as Meet and greet your picture is taken as you stand several feet in front of them - nothing up close and no interaction like there is with other characters. Or, if you did the movie you would be able to see him but wouldn't have to go up by him and get your picture taken. That would be if there are any spots open the night you are going over there.

https://flic.kr/p/BVLFsE

The reveal is really cool.
Thanks for your many updates and pictures for this event! I booked the 10 pm showing as a surprise for my family this past Saturday. They LOVED it!
We were happy to have the premium seats, as my kids also loved the goody bags, pins, and lanyards. When I booked the event the cast member suggested I take the ferry from the MK to get to the back of Wilderness Resort upon arrival.
Thanks again for your posts, as I almost canceled, and my boys loved this event!!

Thanks for your many updates and pictures for this event! I booked the 10 pm showing as a surprise for my family this past Saturday. They LOVED it!
We were happy to have the premium seats, as my kids also loved the goody bags, pins, and lanyards. When I booked the event the cast member suggested I take the ferry from the MK to get to the back of Wilderness Resort upon arrival.
Thanks again for your posts, as I almost canceled, and my boys loved this event!!

Awh I'm glad they loved it. I did think about the boat but for some reason I didn't haha. Was happy to help and provide information, it gave me something to do when I was just sitting and waiting for things.

Reviving this year old thread to ask a question!
We are booked for this event in October 2018. I get how to get to the place. What I'm not sure of is how we will get back to our hotel afterwards. Our showing is for 10pm. We are staying at Boardwalk Inn. Magic Kingdom closes at 9pm that evening. Will there be Disney transportation to get us back to BWI?

Reviving this year old thread to ask a question!
We are booked for this event in October 2018. I get how to get to the place. What I'm not sure of is how we will get back to our hotel afterwards. Our showing is for 10pm. We are staying at Boardwalk Inn. Magic Kingdom closes at 9pm that evening. Will there be Disney transportation to get us back to BWI?

I did the 10 showing last year and we went to Disney springs to get the bus back. We were back at the hotel by about 12.15. Although we had the more expensive ticket so we were at the front and they do the photo by seat row so if your near the back you’ll be there longer.

I did the 10 showing last year and we went to Disney springs to get the bus back. We were back at the hotel by about 12.15. Although we had the more expensive ticket so we were at the front and they do the photo by seat row so if your near the back you’ll be there longer.
So where do you catch the bus from that area to Disney Springs? I've only gotten to the camps from the ferry :)

So where do you catch the bus from that area to Disney Springs? I've only gotten to the camps from the ferry :)
You would catch a bus at The Settlement near the barn and take a bus to the front (Outpost). From there a bus to DS.

You would catch a bus at The Settlement near the barn and take a bus to the front (Outpost). From there a bus to DS.
This is exactly what we did. It was much quicker then I expected, although if the option was available and you can afford it I would get a minnie van.

I'm guessing it would be really faster to take an Uber or do you think that is not allowed? I'm not terribly familiar with the layout of the campgrounds. If we took the bus at the Settlement area to the Outpost area would they allow an Uber from there or is a Minnie van our only option. I'm just afraid getting the bus to DS then getting another bus to BWI will put us back pretty late. We have an early morning the next day for Universal and I don't want Grumpy (dh) to be too grumpy. :)

Uber picks up at the Outpost parking area, from what I understand, Minnie Van can pick you up at the Settlement bus stop.

I'm guessing it would be really faster to take an Uber or do you think that is not allowed? I'm not terribly familiar with the layout of the campgrounds. If we took the bus at the Settlement area to the Outpost area would they allow an Uber from there or is a Minnie van our only option. I'm just afraid getting the bus to DS then getting another bus to BWI will put us back pretty late. We have an early morning the next day for Universal and I don't want Grumpy (dh) to be too grumpy. :)

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but I thought they had buses from the settlement following the event to take people back to their resorts. That is also what they do for Hoop de Doo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!