The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

:laughing: Love that!
But it makes sense.
Gender-neutral... sorry, neutron stars, Bi-nary star systems...

Interesting take on that! :laughing:

Really!!!

I never thought of myself that way.

Huh!
Never knew I came off that way.

How do you think of yourself? Abby? Abby-normal?

Oh, dear. You're comparing him to me....

Oh, no. Nothing can compare to Justin. He is in a class of his own.

I would never do that to you. I hope you know that.

Well no one ever means to do that, they just don't realize that I normally walk slow so that I don't leave Fran in the dust. Even alone I don't walk very fast.

That's horrid. You come on up here and you come for supper!

Well thank you for the invite. When we are in your neck of the woods, we'd be happy to stop by.

I like that recently on both mine and Andy's TRs we have had a discussion with you about what word we said, and both of us said the same word but used different methods of conveying said word.

Float plane. But yes. good memory!

I have a memory for random details.... :rolleyes1

Fantasmic! Reopens

July was a great month for Disneyland. Several attractions that had closed down because of construction for Star Wars land were reopening. The first was F! The last time we saw this show was in November of 2015. Once in the past we had seen the show on opening night after a small rehab and the Maleficent Dragon was not working, so this time we gave them a few days to work the kinks out. It was July 19 that we headed out to the park with a group of friends decided to take a couple spins of Guardians before getting some drinks and dinner.

x17DL0719F01.jpg

x17DL0719F02.jpg

I think at this point, I had four of the six songs. Wait, maybe this was when I got song #5 because I just fast forwarded on the trip report spectrum and don’t see any photographic evidence that I rode Guardians in August.

So back to July. We decided to get some sustenance at the Lounge and they have a limited menu.

x17DL0719F03.jpg

But luckily they allow you to order any of the items off the restaurant menu as well.

x17DL0719F04.jpg

Of course you know I got my standard Diamond Martini!

x17DL0719F05.jpg

Fran got a Margarita

x17DL0719F06.jpg

Margaret got coffee to help her stay awake.

x17DL0719F07.jpg

Sorry about the blurry picture, Fran and I split the Fried Chicken and some fries. We had heard that the chicken itself was cooked in confit and then breaded and fried, so we really wanted to try it. No offense, but we actually prefer the Plaza Inn fried chicken at a fraction of the price.

x17DL0719F08.jpg

x17DL0719F10.jpg

Margaret ordered the Chili which came with Cheese, green onions and sour cream for toppings.

x17DL0719F09.jpg

Since Fran and I split a meal, that left us room for dessert, and this was my first taste of what had to be the most heavenly dessert that I’ve had in a long time. The Peach Upside Down Cake with house churned Vanilla Ice Cream, just delicious! Every bite was was like tasty, fruity, fluffy goodness!

x17DL0719F11.jpg

Fran must have ordered the Meyer Lemon Cake Bar, which I believe I took a taste of it, but it paled in comparison to my delectable treat!

x17DL0719F12.jpg

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

By this time Fantasmic! would be getting ready to start so we headed down to gather our seats. Soon the show began. I’ll keep the commentary to a minimum and let the pictures tell the story, unless something hits me worth remarking about. Oh, and I’ve seen the show three times now since it came back and photographed it twice. I’m giving you an amalgamation of the best shots from the two times I photographed it.

x17DL0719F13.jpg

x17DL0719F14.jpg

x17DL0719F15.jpg

x17DL0719F16.jpg

x17DL0719F17.jpg

x17DL0719F18.jpg

x17DL0719F19.jpg

x17DL0719F20.jpg

x17DL0719F21.jpg

x17DL0719F22.jpg

x17DL0719F23.jpg

x17DL0719F24.jpg

x17DL0719F25.jpg

x17DL0719F26.jpg

Now this is one of the obvious places where they changed up the show, there were some changes with the pirate ship portion. Mainly that Captain Hook and Peter Pan were out and the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean were in, you could hear Jack Sparrow’s voice bellowing out commands, but that didn’t phase me so much.

What was a big change for me was that first Beauty and the Beast’s raft comes into the spotlight first to the Beauty and the Beast theme.

x17DL0719F28.jpg

Then Ariel and Prince Eric come into the spotlight the line of their song is the part where she sings, “They understand that they don’t, reprimand their daughters….”

x17DL0719F27.jpg

And I expected it to launch into “Someday my Prince will come….” But instead we got “At last I see the light….” with Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder.

x17DL0719F29.jpg

x17DL0719F30.jpg

It’s going to take a lot of relistening to that one to get used to that!

Then the show takes it’s dark turn with the Villains taking over.

x17DL0719F31.jpg

x17DL0719F32.jpg

x17DL0719F33.jpg

x17DL0719F34.jpg

x17DL0719F35.jpg

x17DL0719F36.jpg

But Mickey gets his Mojo back and snaps out of it.

x17DL0719F37.jpg

And there was much rejoicing!

x17DL0719F38.jpg

x17DL0719F39.jpg

x17DL0719F40.jpg

x17DL0719F41.jpg

x17DL0719F42.jpg

x17DL0719F43.jpg

x17DL0719F44.jpg

x17DL0719F45.jpg

x17DL0719F46.jpg

We could have stayed in our seats to watch the fireworks, but unfortunately due to high winds they were canceled that evening. Practically the story of my life! But it was a fun evening and we were all thoroughly impressed with the revamping of Fantasmic!

How do you think of yourself? Abby? Abby-normal?

cc8051b82c5a98d5d8fca21eee766c05--marty-feldman-english-comedy.jpg

Oh, no. Nothing can compare to Justin. He is in a class of his own.

Classy guy, huh?

Well no one ever means to do that, they just don't realize that I normally walk slow so that I don't leave Fran in the dust. Even alone I don't walk very fast.

Uh, huh.
Did you perhaps notice, when we were in Disneyland, that not once (as far as I can recall, at least I took great pains) were you ever behind me? I always made sure you were either ahead of me, or beside me.
No way were you going to be left behind!

Mind you, you did leave me in the dust once! :laughing:

Well thank you for the invite. When we are in your neck of the woods, we'd be happy to stop by.

Good! :goodvibes

I like that recently on both mine and Andy's TRs we have had a discussion with you about what word we said, and both of us said the same word but used different methods of conveying said word.

Hmmm...

I have a memory for random details.... :rolleyes1

I have a random detail about memories.

The first was F!

:laughing:
Every time I see that, I think someone's swearing.

The last time we saw this show was in November of 2015.

Hmmm....
I don't remember the last time I've seen it.
Been a while.

the Maleficent Dragon was not working

Almost not worth going then.

:lmao:

We decided to get some sustenance at the Lounge and they have a limited menu.

A few things on there I'd like.
How many people does the seafood tower feed?

But luckily they allow you to order any of the items off the restaurant menu as well.

Nice!

Of course.
And I still love that glass!

Sorry about the blurry picture, Fran and I split the Fried Chicken and some fries. We had heard that the chicken itself was cooked in confit and then breaded and fried, so we really wanted to try it. No offense, but we actually prefer the Plaza Inn fried chicken at a fraction of the price.

Huh. You'd think the opposite. Maybe you just can't improve on some things.

Margaret ordered the Chili which came with Cheese, green onions and sour cream for toppings.

Hmmm... I see beans in the chili so not sure I'd like it.
Did she say if it was good or not?

Since Fran and I split a meal, that left us room for dessert, and this was my first taste of what had to be the most heavenly dessert that I’ve had in a long time. The Peach Upside Down Cake with house churned Vanilla Ice Cream, just delicious! Every bite was was like tasty, fruity, fluffy goodness!

Whoa! That sounds (and looks!) delicious!

Fran must have ordered the Meyer Lemon Cake Bar, which I believe I took a taste of it, but it paled in comparison to my delectable treat!

Although it looks good too!

By this time Fantasmic! would be getting ready to start so we headed down to gather our seats.

When you gathered them, did you bring them home?

"Oh, no! My zipper is down in front of all these people!"

Nice shot!

Mainly that Captain Hook and Peter Pan were out and the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean were in, you could hear Jack Sparrow’s voice bellowing out commands, but that didn’t phase me so much.

Hmmm.... I would prefer Hook and Peter, personally.

Like that one too.

But Mickey gets his Mojo back and snaps out of it.

Zipped up, huh?

giphy.gif

What lens did you use?
Obviously not your 50/1.4

We could have stayed in our seats to watch the fireworks, but unfortunately due to high winds they were canceled that evening. Practically the story of my life!

That would never happen to me!!!

Uh....

Nevermind.

Dinner looked amazing. It is just a shame that the chicken was not as nice as the one at the Plaza restaurant. It was nice to see the photos of Fantasmic! I wonder why the changed the princess section around.

Corinna

I see what you meant about the dragon. Just another excuse to come back :) That was really an awesome show.

Glad your dessert was so yummy! That’s seriously how all desserts should be popcorn::

Several attractions that had closed down because of construction for Star Wars land were reopening.

Hooray! Slowly getting the park back!

Well, that's awfully nice of them.

No offense, but we actually prefer the Plaza Inn fried chicken at a fraction of the price.

Score one for the cheapskates! :woohoo:

The Peach Upside Down Cake with house churned Vanilla Ice Cream, just delicious! Every bite was was like tasty, fruity, fluffy goodness!

That just sounds heavenly!

I’m giving you an amalgamation of the best shots from the two times I photographed it.

You got some nice shots! The show looks pretty cool.

I used to be that way as a kid with my mix tapes! I'd be so used to one song following another and it would throw me off if I heard it on the radio or something.

That's awesome!

We could have stayed in our seats to watch the fireworks, but unfortunately due to high winds they were canceled that evening. Practically the story of my life!

That does seem to happen quite a bit!

Haven't seen Fantasmic! in years, but your pictures have inspired me to work into our schedule for our trip in March. It is going to be a bit crazy as our youngest daughter who will be on her college spring break will fly down with us on Thursday, our older daughter (who may or may not be bringing friends) will be just starting her spring break and will be flying into one of the LA airports from Massachusettes either Thursday or Friday, then on Sunday our youngest will Uber back to one of the LA airports to return to Pennsylvania, and then the rest of us will spend the day in Disneyland and fly back to Northern California on Sunday night. It is going to be a whirlwind and a bit crazy schedule-wise, but we haven't been as a family for 1 1/2 years, and Southwest's $49 cheap flights have made it possible. Our only day that we will all be there for sure is Saturday, so I will have to do some serious planning to get all our favorites in. As our trip gets closer, I will have to pay attention to the shows, trip reports, etc. Thanks for sharing your trips and the special events that you get to experience at Disneyland.

Just wanted to know that the other day I managed to someone catch up on this report (well I looked at the pictures and read most of what you wrote) and that I still love reading about your adventures. I hope to stay a bit more caught up so I can actually comment on them :)

We had heard that the chicken itself was cooked in confit and then breaded and fried, so we really wanted to try it. No offense, but we actually prefer the Plaza Inn fried chicken at a fraction of the price.
Well, that says a lot about the quality of the Plaza Inn.

That looks incredible.

Now this is one of the obvious places where they changed up the show, there were some changes with the pirate ship portion. Mainly that Captain Hook and Peter Pan were out and the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean were in, you could hear Jack Sparrow’s voice bellowing out commands, but that didn’t phase me so much.
Interesting... I loved the Peter Pan/Hook scene. I thought the Disnyeland F! was just head and shoulders better than the WDW version and this scene was a big factor in that. But I can definitely see where POTC would work just as well in that role. I think it is nice that they're finally changing things up and giving us some new scenes from other movies.

:rotfl2: I can totally see that. Hate to lose a classic princess, but good to see Rapunzel getting a little more of a presence!

Phew! Crisis averted!

Well, duh! ;)

No offense, but we actually prefer the Plaza Inn fried chicken at a fraction of the price.

April. April is coming....

The Peach Upside Down Cake with house churned Vanilla Ice Cream, just delicious! Every bite was was like tasty, fruity, fluffy goodness!

Holy moly! This I need to try!

I really love this shot. So colorful!

I can imagine! When you've heard it so many times, it does take a while!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

You got some really excellent shots of this show, Alison! Nicely done!!!!

:laughing:
Every time I see that, I think someone's swearing.

ME TOO!!!

That would never happen to me!!!

Uh....

Nevermind.

Still wondering how it ends.....

Okay jumping on in!

I think at this point, I had four of the six songs.

I hate not being in the know :sad2: So each time is a different song? Are they the songs from the movie, like Hooked on a Feeling and such? Are you missing the old ToT? I really do enjoy the GotG movies so i'm anxious to try this ride!

By this time Fantasmic! would be getting ready to start so we headed down to gather our seats. Soon the show began. I’ll keep the commentary to a minimum and let the pictures tell the story, unless something hits me worth remarking about. Oh, and I’ve seen the show three times now since it came back and photographed it twice. I’m giving you an amalgamation of the best shots from the two times I photographed it.

I saw the new F! on Youtube recently and it looks really cool! You know me. I'd rather watch F! at DHS, but I'd seriously consider watching this newer version now.

Guess it's time to report back. ;)
I have been reading, but post Disney depression kept me from being around much, let alone posting ......... but I loved your last update (was close to licking the screen when seeing your dessert!)
Enjoy your time at Food and Wine - your social media update made me go back to our pics and sort through them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter