The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

I just returned from a Sept. trip to Fort Wilderness (Sept. 24-30) and thought I would add my thoughts to the Sept. thread. This was my first trip to Fort Wilderness and I was so impressed with the Fort. DH and I have been to Disneyworld many times but this was the first trip camping at Fort Wilderness. This was on my bucket list and I have to say I loved it so much, it will be hard to stay anywhere else. We camped in the 2100 loop in a travel trailer and I loved the location. It was a small loop and was convenient to the comfort station and the bus stop. I thought the internal bus system was great! Didn't rent a golf cart and really didn't need one. Buses came frequently and after I figured out if I needed a yellow bus, a purple bus, or an orange bus ( a little frustrating at first), I was able to get around the fort easily. The mosquitos were the only negative thing I experienced at the Fort. They seemed to be particularly blood-thirsty. I left with about 15 bites. I found the parks to be hot and crowded. I have been to Disney in July and I thought this was comparable to July. I also thought the bus service from the parks to Fort Wilderness was hit and miss. Sometimes they came promptly and sometimes I had to wait a long time for a bus while other resorts would have 3 buses show up while I waited for one. I rarely post on these board, but I am a regular reader. I want to thank all of you who post regularly because you were a great help in planning this trip. I am presently planning a trip to Gulf Shores so I am reading that thread on the community board and I am finding valuable information there from the regular posters. Many thanks to everyone on the boards who helped make my trip the greatest one ever!

Glad you had a good trip. Being in 2100 you were right behind us for our trip. And yes the mosquito's were horrible.

STUDIO_STUDIO_20160808_7943190168 crop 1 resize.jpeg

_MG_9150-1.jpg

So a quick survey, of the two pictures above which one would you prefer ?? Top or Bottom ???

Chris Bottom has better detail Top is truer to TOT Has more of long long abandoned and neglected feel of the story line

Bottom one brings out more of the detail without being overly bright

The top one is more menacing. The bottom one is prettier. I guess it's according to what emotion you're looking for.

Thank you to all that replied. Top photo was actually shot by Disney and is an extra in the photo package. The bottom one was shot by me, and I do have a darker version more like the top that was posted earlier in this thread. Again, thanks. Trying to put together my family calendar for Christmas presents. Sometimes have a hard time being objective with a picture....

I would say bottom. I like both, but I like the bottom one better.

Oh sure! Come in hear and post AFTER you know which one is his!

Brown nose!

PS.
Give the dogs some petting for me will ya?

Timing is everything. Just back from vet for yeti. This sums it up though.
View attachment 281722
Daddy Time Compassion and from Companionship from Mallory and maybe some Serious Cookie therapy Just What Yeti ordered. Maybe not the Vet But Wholeheartedly Endorsed by the Savage Sisters and WookieBear Who went to the Vet today too for Pedicures and Flu Vaccines

So before our trip to Disney way back in Sept our camper was in for warranty work. We ordered a cover while there, figured 3 weeks later we could pick it up on the way home. Nope. 5 months later and with no communication from Camping World about my cover, we called and cancelled the order. Ordered a new one on Wednesday from an online site and Fed Ex just delivered it, oh and it was cheaper. Cover is made by ADCO, and once the snow melts off the top of the trailer, and it stops raining we will look to install it. Keeping in mind the great advice from TeamUBR.

So before our trip to Disney way back in Sept our camper was in for warranty work. We ordered a cover while there, figured 3 weeks later we could pick it up on the way home. Nope. 5 months later and with no communication from Camping World about my cover, we called and cancelled the order. Ordered a new one on Wednesday from an online site and Fed Ex just delivered it, oh and it was cheaper. Cover is made by ADCO, and once the snow melts off the top of the trailer, and it stops raining we will look to install it. Keeping in mind the great advice from TeamUBR.
That's what we have, only thing we had to watch for is entering to check the rv and the electric step came out and caught on a strap - one time issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter