The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I've been tracking Riveria sales and January sales were definitely pretty strong. Even though this data was a decrease from Jan 2018 and Jan 2019 I'd imagine DVC is happy about Riveria sales. The restrictions are unfortunately probably here to stay...

Well, it looks like the direct sales are great at RIV. They sold over 180K points in January. RIV is averaging more sales in its first 10 months than Poly, VGF, and CCV. Here’s the latest sales report for January 2020:

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...4867/4695-direct-sales-strong-in-january-2020

I'm not surprised. This will continue. They designed a beautiful resort with International gateway access to EPCOT. This is the answer to BCV and BWV condition and years...

I'm not surprised. This will continue. They designed a beautiful resort with International gateway access to EPCOT. This is the answer to BCV and BWV condition and years...

I don’t think it has to do with condition. It’s new...they aren’...and RIV will be older some day too.

These sales indicate that people like what is there and all it has to offer. The Skyliner is a big plus in terms of transportation and for many, it’s a great option. Yes, it’s had issues, but I got stuck on a monorail in Jan for 20 minutes, ended up going backwards to Grand and had to bus to MK.

It’s a beautiful resort. I like it much much better than BWV or BCV now, even though I can’t walk to parks. I’m thinking others are deciding its pros outweigh any cons,

Which, lets be honest, it’s we all own what we do, We bought the resort or resorts that was the best for each of us,

Have you checked the resort availability tool? There is nothing really available for months except preferred one bedroom! People are really taking advantage of the 7 month switch!!!

We were supposed to go in April for 3-4 days, and then decided to go in March for a whole week for spring break since our kids are on break. Well, I was able to book 2 nights at Riviera in a studio and 3 nights at BW!. We arrive like at 1 am the fist day , a first for us, but I couldn't not get our tickets at Delta for 80.00 per person a couple of days ago! so I was praying that I could get a studio somewhere just for that night , and then a studio opened up at Jambo!. I didn't really feel like staying off site and then having to wake up early to take ME to our resort. So , overall, I was able to put together out trip in a week , plane tickets included! My kids are very glad that we are staying for the fist time in our second home resort! I keep checking hoping that I can get more nights at Riviera. You never know!

I know RIV is close to Epcot but I bought there because I thought it’s the DVC resort for Hollywood Studios and SWGE. With the skyliner I think only a fast walker from BW can match the time to get there. Am I the only one that considers RIV a HS resort?

I know RIV is close to Epcot but I bought there because I thought it’s the DVC resort for Hollywood Studios and SWGE. With the skyliner I think only a fast walker from BW can match the time to get there. Am I the only one that considers RIV a HS resort?

My 23 y/o DS mentioned that also, when we went to see it and had the room tours! So that was a plus!

Oh it is! Good point! We usually go in june and july, trust me that walk from beach club or boardwalk in 95 degrees is not a easy walk or pleasant one to HS. So Riviera on the skyliner is the best alternative imo especially in the summer time!

We usually go in june and july, trust me that walk from beach club or boardwalk in 95 degrees is not a easy walk or pleasant one to HS

This was my DH’s huge complaint about BWV. He said technically it was walking distance, but it wasn’t shaded and was 15 min. He said we’ll be taking the skyliner from now on if it’s running when staying at BWV or BC.

This was my DH’s huge complaint about BWV. He said technically it was walking distance, but it wasn’t shaded and was 15 min. He said we’ll be taking the skyliner from now on if it’s running when staying at BWV or BC.
Exaclty. Walking to epcot is easy but to HS its much farther. Id never do it again honestly. This is from someone who routinely does 8-14 miles a day at the parks form 8am to close.

We just checked in for a four night stay and I’ll have to say I’m impressed. And I personally was pretty down on the place since the day it was announced, but man this is a very nice resort. I may be on a high from getting an upgrade to 1bedroom from a studio but the rooms are amazing. Definitely the nicest rooms you can currently get in a Disney owned WDW resort. The quick service restaurant is really good too. Almost like table service food in a fast casual space. Haven’t had a chance to hit the pool or eat at at Topolinos, but those are next. All thumbs up so far.

This is 8952 1-bedroom preferred.

Last edited:
We just checked in for a four night stay and I’ll have to say I’m impressed. And I personally was pretty down on the place since the day it was announced, but man this is a very nice resort. I may be on a high from getting an upgrade to 1bedroom from a studio but the rooms are amazing. Definitely the nicest rooms you can currently get in a Disney owned WDW resort. The quick service restaurant is really good too. Almost like table service food in a fast casual space. Haven’t had a chance to hit the pool or eat at at Topolinos, but those are next. All thumbs up so far.

View attachment 474869

Nice upgrade. Maybe they’re hoping to reel you in. What a beautiful picture of the sunset. The quick service place didn’t open for coffee in the am until 7 when we were there just so you know. And if you use the bubble tub, read the directions by the buttons. Kind of confusing but very relaxing. We loved it there and can’t wait to go back. Enjoy your stay.

Nice upgrade. Maybe they’re hoping to reel you in. What a beautiful picture of the sunset. The quick service place didn’t open for coffee in the am until 7 when we were there just so you know. And if you use the bubble tub, read the directions by the buttons. Kind of confusing but very relaxing. We loved it there and can’t wait to go back. Enjoy your stay.

Exactly what I told my wife but I’ll take it! We also got some kind of invite to an open house in one of grand villas.

Nice. We didn’t but we had already purchased back in May. I can just imagine how beautiful the Grand villa must be.

Can't wait to stay here soon!!

Couple questions -

1. Skyliner scavenger hunt - Are you competing against other teams or is it a do it at your own pace kind of game? Also, do the hours stay the same each month?

2. Art hunt at Riviera - What is the reward?

THANKS!!

Update to ur wtay

Update to our stay. Everything remained wonderful. The service level there is at the old Disney level that people often pine for. I do wonder if it will drop off after the new wares off. I hope not.

Primo Piatto continued to impress we ate dinner there twice and breakfast 3 out of 4 mornings. Mousekeeeping (we were on a cash stay) was equally impressive with unique towel creations which included our daughter's toys each morning. She though that was the greatest thing ever and something we don't see too often as we usually stay on points.

One peculiarity though. No changing room at the feature pool. This seem off for a resort of this level. Others are just nit picks. Lobby could definitely have been more grand but its beautiful and intimate at least. And the gift shop is on the tiny size. "Not too many toys!", my six year old said.

All in all cant wait to stay here again in September.

Can't wait to stay here soon!!

Couple questions -

1. Skyliner scavenger hunt - Are you competing against other teams or is it a do it at your own pace kind of game? Also, do the hours stay the same each month?

2. Art hunt at Riviera - What is the reward?

THANKS!!
Sorry....did not participate in any of those activities and didn’t know they were offered. Sounds like fun though.

And the gift shop is on the tiny size. "Not too many toys!", my six year old said.

This sounds like a hidden point in the gift shop’s favor, as far as I’m concerned. Maybe we won’t spend even more buying things there because there won’t be as much that the kids “need” to have. I can only hope it continues to not have too many toys!!!!

Update to ur wtay

Update to our stay. Everything remained wonderful. The service level there is at the old Disney level that people often pine for. I do wonder if it will drop off after the new wares off. I hope not.

Primo Piatto continued to impress we ate dinner there twice and breakfast 3 out of 4 mornings. Mousekeeeping (we were on a cash stay) was equally impressive with unique towel creations which included our daughter's toys each morning. She though that was the greatest thing ever and something we don't see too often as we usually stay on points.

One peculiarity though. No changing room at the feature pool. This seem off for a resort of this level. Others are just nit picks. Lobby could definitely have been more grand but its beautiful and intimate at least. And the gift shop is on the tiny size. "Not too many toys!", my six year old said.

All in all cant wait to stay here again in September.

Glad to hear you had a good time. About the feature pool...is there a stand alone restroom nearby? The strange thing about the quiet pool was you had to exit the fenced in area to get to the rest room and shower. Kind of weird...I’m comparing to the BW quiet pool and BLT pool ... although you have to go to main pool area for showers. Wondering if they just didn’t have the space and/ or had building restrictions due to the lake. I’m also not happy about the lack of a community hall. They do have the space for it on the ground floor...so maybe that will change.

I can’t wait for our next trip either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter